• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Research Make ALL Barracks available sooner

DeletedUser

[Summary] - As the title says change the position of ALL Barracks upgrade in the tech tree so that it can be accessed sooner.

[Details] - Their current position in the tech tree leads to people being stuck for days if not weeks on a single province due to the time it takes to train troops.

[Reasons for implementing] -
Fighting is a fickle mistress and a whole 3 days days worth of training troops can be wiped out in a matter of minutes on here at times. Personally I use to use the "Auto-fight" function at the start until I discovered the joys of fighting for myself and now consider it one of my favorite aspects of the game but the time it takes to train troops is a serious problem. The further you get away from your city the more troops you need per squad to survive a fight so to solve that we build Armouries which means your squad size is bigger but once you reach the limit of your latest barracks upgrades it takes longer to train enough troops to make up 1 squad thus we stagnate. Our enemies get stronger and all we can do to fight them and hope for a win is increase our squad size by building more Armouries but this increases the time it takes to train enough troops to make a squad which means we only really have access to one of the more enjoyable parts of the game once every 3 or 4 days.

So my suggestion is to make access to Barracks tech available sooner in their respective sections of the tech tree thus allowing us to upgrade our barracks sooner and as such train troops quicker.

[Impact on other game features] - This would have multiple affects,

1. firstly people would not get frustrated as much if it wasn't taking them 3 or 4 day to train enough troops just to win one fight.

2. It would entice more people to fight and actually enjoy one aspect of the game that I think is seriously underrated at the moment due to peoples frustrations at the training times.

3. It would improve trade immensely, if people can fight they can expand their map thus meeting more people thus finding more people to trade with sooner rather than later.

I'm sure it will have other effects (both positive and negative) but no suggestion is perfect on the first draft so lets improve on it :)

DeletedUser294

First of all, armories don´t increase your squad size but your "training size", only research increases squad size...
Second, i fight 1 province everyday, so really can´t see the problem...
You get to a point where u only get one province a day, and then it is not a problem to get the troops, until then "save" some provinces so u don´t get bored:p....

DeletedUser

First of all, armories don´t increase your squad size but your "training size", only research increases squad size...
Second, i fight 1 province everyday, so really can´t see the problem...
You get to a point where u only get one province a day, and then it is not a problem to get the troops, until then "save" some provinces so u don´t get bored:p....

Opps my bad but actually that helps me further my case since increasing my training size means it takes even longer to train one slot worth of troops.

Unfortunately of late I've had to use up all the "easy" provenances I had been saving :p