• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Main Hall Advancement

rock stream

Scholar
Is there any benefit to advancing the main hall before you hit the coin wall on expansions? While the additional cash flow is ok the population cost is high.
(Wiki: Upgrading your Main Hall to a new level will increase: The amount of Coins and Supplies you can store; The amount of Coins you will get when someone donates to the building using Neighborly Help; The value of your reward when you offer Neighborly Help to other players. The amount of ranking points you get from this building)

Giraffi

Enchanter
If you have a Golden Abyss, it is linked to your Main Hall level. Have a look at that.

A higher MH will also mean you can collect more coin bags during FA as you will have to do less NH visits to get one. You mention additional cash flow, but sometimes more tools per golden handshake is also worth it.

Julian

Sorcerer
Some technologies require so many coins that you have to have a fully upgraded main hall to meet the requirement.

Pauly7

Magus
One of the issues you can have with not upgrading your Main Hall is not being able to afford the next research expansion. That may only happen if you're a chapter behind though.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Personally I’ve always upgraded the main hall as relatively high priority. The amount of gold/supplies from neighborly help matters. It’s done daily and it adds up. Also when I (temporarily) needed coins or supplies (usually for several upgrades in short period, but sometimes military caused problems too) I was using instants. Those give much more with upgraded main hall than with a low one.

And one fun fact: there is a very mean point in research when switching from Traders to the latest Team Spirit chapter. The last research is main hall and the first research requires so much gold that you need the fully upgraded main hall to activate it. I guess it wasn’t an issue for people who waited for the new chapter, but for the rest of us who are/were still catching up it’s pretty mean sequence.

Alcaro

Necromancer
beside everything else already mentioned, there's never "too many coins" situation. If you have too many coins just spend them in Wholesaler, even though it's a rip off. After all are free coins, is not like you have to spend goods to get them, right? I am in the last chapter and I do this every time I have too many coins ;) (not so often lately :D )

rock stream

Scholar
but sometimes more tools per golden handshake is also worth it.
I can't seem to find a reference to the main hall impacting supplies from neighborly help or in any other fashion in the wiki or Gems. Could you explain that to me?
Some technologies require so many coins that you have to have a fully upgraded main hall to meet the requirement.
I'm not sure where I could go to find this information.

Last edited:

FieryArien

Necromancer
I can't seem to find a reference to the main hall impacting supplies from neighborly help or in any other fashion in the wiki or Gems. Could you explain that to me?
I wondered myself what the values are. The info is not shown in the app. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were shown in the browser version - maybe when hovering the mouse over main hall details?
I'm not sure where I could go to find this information.
It doesn’t necessary need to be explained on wiki or elsewhere. A player finds this out the first time they meet such a technology. The solution to the problem is quite obvious, or they ask in the fellowship or on the forum.

Pauly7

Magus
If you open your Main Hall and go to the upgrade tab it will show you what the difference is with NH collections once you upgrade it.

Thagdal

Sorcerer

From the wiki on Neighborly help

"If your neighbor has also helped you within the last 24 hours, you will also be rewarded with Supplies. In fact, if both of you do this regularly, you will both receive additional Supplies all the time. The amount of Supplies you get depends on your Main Hall level. You always get 10% of the coins you get."

So if im reading it right i get 55000 gold from my main hall lvl30, so i would get 5500 supplies.
Yep just did a gold handshake and got 5500 supplies.

rock stream

Scholar
Thank-you Thagdal. Now I need glasses or maybe my eyebrows done over:)

QFol2

Conjurer
Level of main hall also affects the amount you get from coin and supply instants, and daily supply production by the Endless Excavation - it affects a lot of things, so it's worth upgrading

Giraffi

Enchanter
I think @Pauly7 has already answered this. Supplies from neighborly help is a % of the capacity, so if capacity increases, you will get more. Only the coin value is shown when I tap my MH info (on app), but supplies are 10% in number to what coin is. If you have the value for the one, you can work out the other. Have a look next time you do a golden handshake.

rock stream

Scholar
Coins are rarely in shortage and instances are ad hoc boosts, while the main hall is costly in terms of culture and population. Some people may upgrade for the neighborly help and boosts while reducing their culture bonus to production without realizing it.
It may be more prudent to advance the main hall when you can maintain your culture boost until you have hit the coin wall.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Coins are rarely in shortage and instances are ad hoc boosts, while the main hall is costly in terms of culture and population. Some people may upgrade for the neighborly help and boosts while reducing their culture bonus to production without realizing it.
It may be more prudent to advance the main hall when you can maintain your culture boost until you have hit the coin wall.
That’s part of this game’s charm: you can do a lot of things your way; different from someone else’s way. ;-) I wish you good luck and a lot of fun while playing.

Gargon667

Mentor
If you ask me, the Main Hall is the second most important building after the troops productions triplet. Upgrade it as soon as possible! It does so many more things than just coins and supplies, a whole bunch of AWs depend on it, so does the seed production in your trader, the coin/supply instants etc.

If you want to skimp on something skip upgrading factories (the upgrades usually decrease efficiency for a few chapters before they make up) or delete WS (much more efficient to produce supplies in other ways anyway until you have Magic WS in chapter 15), those are places where you you don´t get punished for saving.