• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Magic Academy

wiccabird

Seeker
Hi, this is my first post so hope it goes to the right area.
I have crafted so many things to get maybe at least one great prize from collecting spell fragments and out of 4 goes at collecting 100 spell fragments, I have received none but crappy knowledge points.
Seriously not worth it and it's just frustrating to the point of giving up.
Tell me, is this a glitch or just designed to piss people off?
I love this game and even spend a few $ here and there so please make it worth while to play with more rewards like the trees and spooky castle otherwise it's pointless.
PS: I really love the trees....hint hint.

Pauly7

Magus
Tell me, is this a glitch or just designed to piss people off?
I would say that it's neither. It's just random chance. You've only had 4 goes so you've just not been as lucky as you would like, but it's not that weird. The free diamonds and other things do get given out.
I have received none but crappy knowledge points.
That's the first time I've heard knowledge points described as "crappy". They are what makes the Elvenar world go round.

DeletedUser5037

@wiccabird; if you do not want your KPs, then I will be more than happy to give them a loving home! My "Unwanted KP Sanctuaries" are always looking for lost or unloved KPs who need somewhere to live out their lives in peace and harmony with other unwanted KPs! A place where they can dance and sing all day, all night! Do all the things that happy, loved, wanted KPs do!

Just visit my city (at any time) and deposit them into one of my AWs! I promise they will be looked after!

alsael

Enchanter
@wiccabird; if you do not want your KPs, then I will be more than happy to give them a loving home! My "Unwanted KP Sanctuaries" are always looking for lost or unloved KPs who need somewhere to live out their lives in peace and harmony with other unwanted KPs! A place where they can dance and sing all day, all night! Do all the things that happy, loved, wanted KPs do!

Just visit my city (at any time) and deposit them into one of my AWs! I promise they will be looked after!
:p:kp::kp:

pobble

Spellcaster
Like so many thinks in Elvenar, which prize is desirable depends where you are in the game. I haven't managed to win the diamonds from magic academy yet either. But second best for me is the KP, because like for Faldorin they get a welcoming home in my Ancient Wonders.

If I win one of the buildings, it is never something I really need, but I can always recycle into more spell fragments ... I would rather have the KPs though!

DeletedUser8409

KP is the true endgame to this game. Unless all your research is complete and all your AWs are level 30 I don't see what's crappy about KP.

Just what are you hoping to get if KP is crap?

If you're hoping for diamonds then it is a 20% chance half of the time, and not an option the other half. So 10% chance overall. So in 4 goes you more often than not won't get diamonds.

DeletedUser8632

I am in Faeries now and kinda got over it but I can tell you for a lower level player this can be extremely frustrating. The forum is full of players playing 1+ years, telling the newbies how great KP is. But you have to understand and remember that it takes a while to understand AWs and the value of KPs because for the first 9, 10 chapters KP is neither an issue nor a relevant resource.

So, yeah, try at least to not see everything from end-game perspective. And don't tell me you'd rather have 30KP instead of 500 diamonds.

Killiak

Artisan
And don't tell me you'd rather have 30KP instead of 500 diamonds.

I'll take 500 diamonds, for the simple reason that I can replace a workshop for a premium one with diamonds, which actually will save me space on the whole. (more production of supplies, need less workshops and thus less residences)

Space that I can then use to place some Wishing Wells, which will give me more KP and diamonds.

Considering the long run though; KP is the true endgame, and the more efficiënt sources you can get of it, the better.

Deleted User - 1759805

Even from the end-game perspective 30KP is crappy comparing to 500 diamonds. 30KP I can generate in less than a day without doing anything. 500 diamonds... not so much. Plus, in end-game 30KP doesn't really move the needle - a single AW level costs hundreds. So yeah, I'd be happy to get 30KP for free; but if I get 30KP when an alternative was getting 500 diamonds I won't be happy.

DeletedUser8632

Thanks for your replies. Again, I want to reiterate that I do not think 30KP for free is a bad deal. But in this game - maybe more than in others - the usefulness of things lies very much in the eye of the beholder (Level/Chapter, Playstyle etc)

And, going out on a limb here, I believe that Inno is now more interested to keep their long-term (end-game) player base happy and interested.

DeletedUser8409

I am in Faeries now and kinda got over it but I can tell you for a lower level player this can be extremely frustrating. The forum is full of players playing 1+ years, telling the newbies how great KP is. But you have to understand and remember that it takes a while to understand AWs and the value of KPs because for the first 9, 10 chapters KP is neither an issue nor a relevant resource.

So, yeah, try at least to not see everything from end-game perspective. And don't tell me you'd rather have 30KP instead of 500 diamonds.
I'm sorry but I disagree. I've done early game, mid game and end game and KP was king throughout.

Early game KP gets you through the research. It isn't until Guest Races that you can't produce goods fast enough to use all your KP in Research. For the first 5 chapters the only thing I was restricted by was KP as I was able to produce goods quick enough to cope.

Mid game [Dwarves onwards] KP gets you research and starts off your AWs. Upgrading an AW is easier early to mid game than it is for an end game player. Getting an Ancient Wonder from level 1 to level 6 doubles its rewards and costs relatively quite little in KP. 30kp is 10-20% of an AW upgrade level for an early player in something like Golden Abyss. Later on AWs cost far, far, far more in KP to upgrade and each upgrade gives the same increase so proportionately less too.

Upgrading an AW from from 1 to 6 doubles its reward and costs about 1k kp. Upgrading from 16 to 21 increases its reward by 25% and costs many thousands of KP.

If you are able to upgrade an AW but you are not doing so, and you are cursing KP, then its not that the KP isn't useful for you, its that you aren't realising just how useful it is. That 30kp is worth much more to you than it is to me.

DeletedUser1874

Indeed. Even from an endgame perspective, I don't see how 30 KPs can compare with 500 diamonds. 30 KPs take less than a day for an endgame player to gather from buildings alone (and that's without considering how easy it is for endgame players to rack up hundreds of KPs each tourney), whereas 500 diamonds take me about a week with 33 Wishing Wells (distributed over 3 towns because they take up quite a bit of space, obviously).

And from an early-game perspective, I'd still take the 500 diamonds and use them for premium expansions or magic buildings. Much more useful than a measly 30 KPs, so much so that there's really no point in comparing the two rewards.

DeletedUser3671

I hope it's because there's something i don't understand.

What is it with the so called diamond farms ?

What's the win having another city filled with wishing wells and getting diamonds in that if you need them in another city for upgrading, expansions or buying magic buildings. We can't give diamonds to other players.

It might though be because i don't play a game where i just sit and wait to only collect from wishing wells twice a day for a period of more than three months ;-)

DeletedUser3571

Diamonds are shared on one account, so if you have a city in en1 and en2 on the same account then the diamonds earned on en2 can be used on your main city in en1.

DeletedUser3671

Diamonds are shared on one account, so if you have a city in en1 and en2 on the same account then the diamonds earned on en2 can be used on your main city in en1.

Okay, so if i do it with the same login i will be able to share diamonds ?

I have to separate logins to my two cities.

Deleted User - 1759805

Okay, so if i do it with the same login i will be able to share diamonds ?

I have to separate logins to my two cities.
Then from the game's perspective you have two players, and you can't share diamonds between players. You do, indeed, share diamond pool across worlds on the same login.

DeletedUser3671

Then from the game's perspective you have two players, and you can't share diamonds between players. You do, indeed, share diamond pool across worlds on the same login.
Hmm, interesting setup. I though don't want to start another city. I'm already in the process of wondering whether to stop playing or not. Too much of an event(produce stuff) game than a city building one.

wiccabird

Seeker
Thanks for your replies. When I say crappy, I mean NOT NEEDED, I can wait to get kp's, I'm in no hurry, I don't want diamonds either, I can buy them. I like the things you can't buy and it's frustrating after months of trying to get a cool building/tree and just get the same thing over and over.
I play for enjoyment, not to be competitive so kp's aren't as important to me. I don't mind giving them away if you are in need of them.
I love this game, it's just so frustrating winning something that is common after spending, creating and waiting with excitement only to get the same boring thing over and over. On a brighter note, I got something different this time.....time boosters, better than kp's all the time I think :)

Does anyone know if we can get more artifacts for past event buildings?