• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Magic Academy - New Poll

Which do you think would be best for the game?

• No change

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Allow Magic Academy to be removed by player

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • A reduction in size only

• A reduction in size, plus better spells (same length etc, more types)

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • A reduction in size, plus longer lasting/permanent spells or x cycles

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Same size, but better spells (same length etc, more types)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Same size, but longer lasting/permanent spells or x cycles

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

As many of you know, there have been ongoing discussions between players about the Magic Academy. Some have requested a new poll, so here it is.

• No change
The building should stay as it is now, in all aspects.
  • Allow Magic Academy to be removed by player
Allow the building to be deleted (with the ability to rebuild later), to give the player more space etc.
  • A reduction in size only
The building should be reduced in size, but other aspects remain the same.
  • A reduction in size, plus better spells (same length etc, more types)
The building should be reduced in size, and there should have a greater variety of spells.
  • A reduction in size, plus longer lasting/permanent spells or x cycles
The building should be reduced in size, and the spells should last longer or work over x amount of cycles rather than timed.
  • Same size, but better spells (same length etc, more types)
The building should stay the same size, but there should have a greater variety of spells.
  • Same size, but longer lasting/permanent spells or x cycles
The building should stay the same size, but the spells should last longer or work over x amount of cycles rather than timed.
  • Other
Anything not covered in the above options.

DeletedUser

In the event of an "Other" vote, it would be super helpful if you commented on what you want.

EDIT: For instance having the MA shrink with each (non diamond....) upgrade would be a legit "other"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1353

I chose allow the MA to be removed by player, but better spells/more types is also high priority for me.

I was thinking a little bit how the removing of a MA would work. The ability to use spells would have to get disabled if you remove it, otherwise you could produce a bunch of spells, remove the MA and still use them which would be a bit unfair. Also, if you remove it, all spells you had stocked up (if any) would have to disappear with no relic return I guess.

For many points is an important factor to the game, including myself. It's always fun with a bit of competition within the fellowship and globally as well, so would be nice if the MA awarded some points.

Deleted User - 106219

I was thinking a little bit how the removing of a MA would work. The ability to use spells would have to get disabled if you remove it, otherwise you could produce a bunch of spells, remove the MA and still use them which would be a bit unfair. Also, if you remove it, all spells you had stocked up (if any) would have to disappear with no relic return I guess.
I disagree. We get some free spells, and we can use them even without a MA. I see no reason to change that.

Allowing us to remove the Academy and rebuild it later is the main change I'd like to see. Things such as a reduction in size and better spells are a distant second.

DeletedUser114

I voted for a reduction in size with better spells....but maybe it should be removable then everyone would be happy :)

DeletedUser

Here is my cherry picked take-away from this. (some rounding)
0% like it as is. (no rounding ;-P)
82% want it smaller (also including really really small!)
41% want more spells (not better) v 29% more and much better spells (surprising to me, decent margin)
18% are ok with the size IF it improved

In addition, there are some flaws, such as a poster noted that they voted for something, but also would be happy for it to be removable, implying that the removeable vote is actually significantly higher than stated 23%. Another poll would be required to ascertain the correct figure.

All in all a very conclusive and useful poll. Now to wait and see!

P.S. My idea of making it smaller with upgrades should have been in the poll, as it is an awesome idea :D

DeletedUser

I voted:
A reduction in size, plus longer lasting/permanent spells or x cycles

But I would also like the option to delete.
  • I think the MA as is, is too big and not useful enough.
  • I think that spells should be more adaptable to cater for people able to log in several times a day AND those only able to log in once every day or two.
  • I think permanent spells are a great idea.
  • I think that the MA should be able to be deleted, most especially for new people (as it takes up so much of that precious room at early levels)
  • IF it is not changed to be deletable, then PLEASE move the mandatory quest much further down the tree.

DeletedUser

allow it to be deleted
but
if not , then reduction in size,1x1 or even smaller if possible!:D

Allow it to float around, you can place it where you want (flying, of course, so anywhere) and you can "embiggen" it to see cool stuff flashing in the windows!
Go hard or go home! :D

DeletedUser1739

they should have added at least a lil bit of culture to it since it eats up so much space and just sits there doing nothing *my case lately*
I was a bit fooled by the new upcoming spell thinking it might be useful but changed my mind...I just want it gone...

DeletedUser1683

This poll is ridiculous.

There has already been a poll. The result was emphatic. That players should be allowed to remove the MA.

What you decide to do with the MA, I really don't care.

DeletedUser

they should have added at least a lil bit of culture to it since it eats up so much space and just sits there doing nothing *my case lately*
I was a bit fooled by the new upcoming spell thinking it might be useful but changed my mind...I just want it gone...
Adding a culture value to it is a nice idea. Perhaps both culture AND population (as isn't an academy often somewhere that students live and study?).

DeletedUser

This poll is ridiculous.
Your post is ridiculous.

There has already been a poll.
Yes, there was a previous poll. The players decided there should be another poll, not Inno.

The result was emphatic. That players should be allowed to remove the MA.
The result was obvious, but not very helpful in suggesting alternatives to deletion.

What you decide to do with the MA, I really don't care.
Stop posting then.

DeletedUser971

Bartimaeus46, now that you have the MA, how much are you using it. Are you planning on upgrading it to five to get most benefits and did you find it hard to place in your city?

DeletedUser

Bartimaeus46, now that you have the MA, how much are you using it. Are you planning on upgrading it to five to get most benefits and did you find it hard to place in your city?
I've used it a few times, it's not running at full capacity though.
At some point I'll upgrade it, as with everything else.
Not that hard at all.

DeletedUser971

And the placing? Did you not find that scrolling thru the optional quests you could generate more benefits than the spells could provide.

DeletedUser896

The upgrades above level 2 should be available for all players, not only diamond users. That would greatly improve usefulness of this building.

DeletedUser

And the placing? Did you not find that scrolling thru the optional quests you could generate more benefits than the spells could provide.
No problems with the placing. It took me longer to upgrade and move all my housing from 2x2 to 3x2 than it did to plop down an MA. I could probably place another 2 without much hassle.

I'm still doing quests, still have room to move and upgrade things, can make spells when I want.
Would I rather have a better selection of spells? Yes
Would I delete the MA if I had the option to? Probably not.
Do I think there needs to be a change? (other than Inno's longterm plans) No
Maybe they could add a spell cost to advancing to the next chapter. That way nobody can say the building is useless.

DeletedUser971

Bartimaeus46, thank you for your answers and that is good that you like it. I on the hand do not use it, have not placed it near a road and have not used a spell other than the mandatory one, which I put on a lvl 1 workshop that I deleted afterwards. If its an important part of the game, I have not worked out yet what that is. It is people like me that have no need for it that want it removed and I don't think I am alone in this.