• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Magic Academy - Crafting: Mystical Object Reward Update

• Thread starter DeletedUser6935
  • Start date

DeletedUser6935

Problem: Getting enough Vision Vapor to fill the Mystical Object is a challenge and once filled the prospect of opening it for the reward is supposed to be...well, rewarding. However, the prizes are sometimes Buildings, which are always so very lousy. With the exception of maybe the really new players/cities they provide absolutely no benefit to the point where some people play the ironic-game of "Who has the most Winter Lampions?" for sympathy points.

Fix: The other prizes in the Mystical Object; be they Diamonds, KP or Time Instants; are still very useful to all players, so keep them. The problem is the Buildings you can win; so either swap them out for something useful, e.g. the new Troop Instants, or make the Buildings you can win useful. Make them a Trader Outpost, or Wishing Well, or Carting Library/Monument of Knowledge, or Ferris Wheel Galore, or even just a Rainbow Flower Cage. You know, things that people can find a use for other than disenchanting. There are plenty of other things to disenchant, so we don't need useless buildings from the Mystical Object to add to that disenchant list.

Please and thank you.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree, almost completely. The exception may possibly be the Windmill of Evil, which many find useful. The rest are just a hindrance for most. You're right, though, that for a player in the first few chapters they can make use of some of those culture buildings like Frozen Flames, but for most of us they're just spell fragment fodder.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I am usually lucky with these, however, I get those dreaded winter lampions every single time they show up!

Gargon667

Mentor
I would say the best building is the Igloo Festival, but basically every building that gives Pop is useful. Not sure the Venars Rocks II are still in there, haven´t seen those in ages, so they may have been removed at some point.
Anyway I find even Mana Sawmills have a right to be there, even though I personally have no use for them. The only thing completely useless are the Culture only buildings, but no matter what I think there are lots of people out there that actively want culture buildings. So I think your chances to get rid of those buildings are pretty close to zero. Also people will never be happy, if those buildings are gone, the next one will come and complain about 35 KP are way worse than 50 or whatever, it is human nature to complain...
Anyway I have made my peace with them, there always have to be some crappy prizes, too, kind of makes me more happy to get a good prize when I know I could also have gotten some crap lol.

Hekata

Artisan
I'm pretty sure those buildings are there to stay. New players are usually happy with them. I like the Windmill of Evil a lot and I'd like to see the Father tree instead of the winter edition of that one (too many winter buildings in the M.O. in general). I don't really need more culture but the Father tree is beautiful and in my 3,5+ years of playing I have never managed to win one :(

DeletedUser6935

Fair point about the Igloo Festivals and Windmills of Evil. But, seriously, Winter Lampions and Father Glitter Trees? Maybe for newbies and for those that place for visual aesthetics but for the rest they are spell fragment fodder.

Alternative proposal: I still believe that all the prizes in the Mystical Object (MO) should be coveted, given the effort required to get to the point where you can open the MO. Why not offer two or three mystical objects to choose from? They would each still have two or three different prizes in them to be awarded randomly, a bit like the event chests, but that way players can choose MOs with prizes they want. With the building prizes including those suggested in the initial post.

Pauly7

Magus
I would just be happy if they stop making all of them Winter buildings as @Hekata says. I think they're all hateful and I wouldn't build any of them even if it was Winter... but worse still, they don't even give out any of the ones with worthwhile stats. I would build the occasional small useless culture building just for decoration if they weren't ******* snowy.