• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Magic Academy and spells.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Hello ,

I was under the impression that each spell in the MA required the same relics from every one. When I posted in the chat that there was a sil tournament going on and it was time to pile up on those relics because they where needed for the spell of provision. ( I have tu use a plank and a silk relic to produce that spell). One of our players responded that for her she uses plank and crystal relic to produce the same spell.

My question : What determines which relics will be used to produced a specific spell in the MA.

Thanks and be kind to my english :)

Deleted User - 106219

It depends on your boosted goods - spells use Relics for non-boosted goods. So if you have Steel as a boosted good the spells will not require any Steel relics.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Thanks for the answer Shadowblack but, if I may, : Steel, crystal and elixir are my boosted goods: To produce spell of provision I need plank and silk. So far so good :) The boosted goods of the players that responded in the chat in the Fellowship are : steel, scrolls and magic dust. She needs plank and crystal to do the same spell.
Sorry if I a, bit thick here : But are the non boosted good needed to create a spell are randomly given or is there a logic that I can't find ?

Deleted User - 106219

There is some logic to it, but you'll need someone else to explain it. I refuse to build the Magicless Academy, so I don't know anything more than what I already told you.

DeletedUser

Your boosted goods determine the relics required for spells, you will find that you don't use any of your own boost relics for any spells, so my city in Winyandor has the same boosts as you and uses planks and silk to make the Power of Provision spell, same as you, however my city in Arendyll is boosted in planks, silk and gems and requires 1 marble and 1 scrolls for the same spell.

You'll find that all the relics you can get are useful, either for your own boosts or for the Magic Academy.

DeletedUser219

There is a determined cycle to the goods. You can see this on the Wiki for some of the Building upgrades. For example an Elven level 18 Residence requires 850 of your (Boosted +1) Basic Good and 1020 of your (Boosted +2) Crafted Good. Comparing the requirements for people with different Boosts would disclose what the cycle is, if anyone really cares. @Katwijk probably has a spreadsheet on it.:rolleyes: