• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Lucky Little Fin

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Lucky Little Fin Event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jackluyt

Shaman
Full event information is available here in an easy-to-open format:
https://tinyurl.com/2685k5sv
You are welcome to share this document with friends. It can be viewed on a normal PC without needing any special programs (like Facebook).
This information was recorded in actual game play in Beta Server - note that the Live Version may not be identical, as the designers reserve the right to make changes based on player feedback.

281398648_10220984090652607_5781139025754005606_n.jpg

Sir Derf

Adept
Day 1 - Manta Ray Super Mana building... current reporting not being repeated...

I'm saving my currency and re-rolling for Manta Rays. (Don't confuse with Manta Boats)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
So - Inno really are bringing on the concept of the Randomised-production Evolving Building, then...? Oh yay. Not.

1. Please tell me that the rewards from the Evolving Building are much, MUCH, MUCH better than those yet seen on Beta?
2. In fact - please tell me that the ONLY rewards will be either: Blueprints, RRs, Diamonds (and not only 1-5 of them, either), Blueprints, or RRs?

Everything else I have planned for in my City, and having any of it randomly increased, probably when I will least need it, too, does NOT appeal.

If 1 or 2 above do not apply, then...

3. Please count me out - certainly in terms of making any effort at all to win the [very much so-called, in my opinion] Grand Prize Building. I have enough Burning Pools (and near-current-Chapter Manta Rays, too), and have little interest in any of the other Dailies I've yet seen on Beta, so on second thoughts : please just ignore Points 1 and 2, because in my view this sets a truly HORRID precedent - in a game which already uses overly swing-y RNG to award (to those who are lucky enough) far, far too many items which are anything from useful to near-essential to game strategy - so to start randomising the value of something as time-and-labour-intensive to achieve as Event Grand Prizes, too, is NOT a good idea.

In fact, on further consideration, it would be rather nice - for a change - to actually just DO SOME NORMAL CITY STUFF without 'one-recurring-Event-or-another' bringing on that now all-too-familiar and dismal sense of near-obligation to disarrange most of my City productions - and my logging-in schedule - until I can get those first 'block' Quests out of the way and reach the peaceful Nirvana of the Daily Repeating Quests...! :D

TL;DR : Bah, humbug. Does that count as feedback...? ^_^

SkyRider99

Mentor
The quest tasks seem to have improved quite a bit. It is nice to see more options for completing some of the tasks. So instead of getting blocked by some impossible (?) activity, like scout a province for seven days, I can still keep the wheels turning by completing an alternative.

It would be nicer-er if I could get more troop instants via the daily prizes, instead of buildings I do not really want. But that is just me. I imagine a lot of new players can make good use of those free buildings. :)

Jake65

Sage
The quest tasks seem to have improved quite a bit. It is nice to see more options for completing some of the tasks. So instead of getting blocked by some impossible (?) activity, like scout a province for seven days, I can still keep the wheels turning by completing an alternative.

It would be nicer-er if I could get more troop instants via the daily prizes, instead of buildings I do not really want. But that is just me. I imagine a lot of new players can make good use of those free buildings. :)
RNG is under the impression I need supply instants. Lots of them :D

Drago44

Novice
Drago44 here...
01: How is it even possible to move on in this event when you need x2 unit refill as a task? You can only get these refills by playing the game? Plus when you do get refills it automatically gets added to your army ( or disappears).

02: Negotiate encounters? This can only be done in spire, which is easy from the start, but as you go further up the spire it becomes impossible due to the amount of resources you need to solve the encounter.

03: Its now been 2 days and I still can not move on, so I will have to wait until the next spire encounter..( At least 3 day wait now) before I can progress in this event...which means I will lose 5 days in total on this event...pointless.

Jake65

Sage
01: Most tasks have an alternative for ones which might be stumbling blocks. Use 2 unit refills OR Negotiate 2 encounters.
(unit refills go to your inventory, distinct from 'x number' of troops which go straight to your army.
02: Tournament and province encounters can also be "negotiated" It's when you use goods instead of fighting. It's just the choice of wording, tournaments and provinces are more liking buying or bribing :)

Drago44

Novice
Negotiating encounters on the world map would not work for me earlier...seems to be working now so I'm able to move on...thanks for replies guys

Stucon

Illusionist
Anyone else notice that Sentient goods now count towards your 'Produce a good amount of ... Goods of your choice.' quests.
Woohoo!

Deleted User - 849634047

Stuck at quest 28 - asks for spell frags with no alternative. Under the new tech tree disenchanting is blocked until crafting is unlocked mid chapter 3.

Jake65

Sage
Stuck at quest 28 - asks for spell frags with no alternative. Under the new tech tree disenchanting is blocked until crafting is unlocked mid chapter 3.
Oh no! And if you're not in chapter 3 then you can't get them from the spire either....
There might be another way that's slipping my mind?
Best thing to do is shout @Herodite as loud as you can :)

Deleted User - 849634047

Oh no! And if you're not in chapter 3 then you can't get them from the spire either....
There might be another way that's slipping my mind?
Best thing to do is shout @Herodite as loud as you can :)
Spire is unlocked in ch 5 now :(
I contacted support and a very helpful person came to my assistance. That's twice in a week that the support team has come to my rescue! My heroes!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Ladyjovo you've now reached the Daily Quests! So... in simple terms, all Players end the event on exactly the same day. There are now 9 Days left (ish) so if you are caught up on the Quest Line with 9 quests left to finish, you will now receive one a day to complete.

I hope that makes sense!

Kind Regards

Herodite.