• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Lots of small trades

m4rt1n

Adept
To add here small cities make small trades as they have a small amount of goods, small cities can also most likely only accept small trades from the trader, we were all small once, now I am big I use my 60 trades also to get things I need, If I put up one trade for 5 million it will never get taken but 50 for 100k go in the day for example to many different players.

Baffa

Seeker
It is spamming, simple as that. The limit on number of trades that one player can make is 60 last time I heard. That’s over 7 pages of trades. I think that it shouldn’t be over 30 trades, even 20 trades is more than enough.

I don’t see a valid reason to make that many trades. It’s not helping much small players as they are much better off to post their own trades because their discovered map is very small and they can’t see many trades anyway. The only time it helps them if you are a very close neighbour or in their fellowship. I think that the best way to help them is to check the trader often. But this is very hard if we need to go through pages and pages of cross trades or other repetitive trades and then accept large number of them. This can be over 60 clicks to help someone while it could be easily done in under 20 or less.

The game needs to encourage active trading, not placing a huge number of trades and let them sit there for a week making other players to avoid checking trader. With a reduced number of trades, it’s less clicks to check the trader than post a large number of small trades repeatedly.

With sentient goods, there’s a large number of players that can see the trades. The bigger the trade the higher up on the list so posting a large number of small trades puts trades at the bottom of the list making it slower to get accepted. Again, a smaller number of bigger trades is better.

So at this moment it looks like that the only players that get the most benefit from large number of trades are the ones that are posting unfair trades and are hoping for misclicks or desperation of players that can't wait for a little bit for their three star trades to get accepted.
Interesting. We have a palyer with a 12 K city. He is posting 8 pages of trades. Most are like this image. How is that even possible, or fair?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-20 110935.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-20 110935.png
    533.7 KB · Views: 61

m4rt1n

Adept
Interesting. We have a palyer with a 12 K city. He is posting 8 pages of trades. Most are like this image. How is that even possible, or fair?

All is fair if the trader allows the trades, whatever they are, we can either ignore or take the trades, there are many filters available to find the trades that suit a player. Just don't take the trades in this situation, unless they help you, some players use the trader to gain goods in this way hoping 1 or 2 are taken accidentally in my own personal opinion, but to me shows they don't have the best city set up for their gameplay.

Baffa

Seeker
You are too kind @m4rt1n. :)

My perspective is that they are called 'unfair' trades for a reason. Whilst such trades do have a place, for example to help a FS member who has a small city, I for one wish I could filter out all 1-star and 0-star trades in the normal course of events.
Agree @SkyRider99 , I feel so strongly about this I'll probably leave and join another FS.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer

It is possible and whoever posted them thinks it's fair. Personally, I don't think it's fair but fairness is subject to our personal preferences so we all look at it a bit differently so each to their own. I used to help small players every couple of hours but it needs a lot of scrolling through the trader to find their trades and the amount of "stale" trades was spoiling my enjoyment of the game so I do it much less frequently now, only every couple of days or so. It would be great if the game reduced the number of trades per player, I don't think there's a need to allow that many trades.

Baffa

Seeker
how is possible for a 12K city with 5 manufactories...to have THAT amount of resources? I'm lost!

Jake65

Sage
how is possible for a 12K city with 5 manufactories...to have THAT amount of resources? I'm lost!
I'm also curious about that.
Perhaps saving up over time and continuously posting 0* star trades which get taken.

owl76

Bard
Start with a smaller, similarly uneven trade. Once that is accepted then put some of the reverse trade up. Keep going until you have lots of resources.

Killiak

Artisan
Personally, I urge my fellows to just set up big trades. We got plenty of 'old' players in the FS who can pick up these trades easily for them.
It saves on having to click through page after page of stuff.

However, keep in mind that there's also a bunch of quests that require people to put up trades. So if they put up a load of small ones that don't get taken because nobody ever looks at them.... then they get a new quest to set up trades.... well, you can see where it goes.

That can make it spammy, and there is no real way to ignore small trades or 0-star / 1-star. At least on the forum we have an ignore button for members, filtering messages for us. We could use a better trade-filter, for sure.

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Lots of small trades don't bother me, I don't take 0 star trades or cross tier trades, but I clear what I can from the trader.

Jake65

Sage
However, keep in mind that there's also a bunch of quests that require people to put up trades.
What I do for these quests is place a trade of 1 marble for 1 steel repeated as many times as the quest requires.
I then delete them immediately before anyone sees them and pulls an eye-roll muscle :)
Not in the spirit of the quest but, well, ......

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Lots of small trades don't bother me, I don't take 0 star trades or cross tier trades, but I clear what I can from the trader.

How often do you do that and how big is your map?

PS: If you want me to stop posting just let me know, there's no point for me to be here if I'm not wanted (also @C-Nymph).

EDIT: There's definitely a lot of happier places out there. ;)

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Remember also that new cities to the game will post loads of small trades, we all did it initially after unlocking the trader. :)

Sorry but I never did. I didn't see any point because I was the smallest fish in my pond. I just wanted to make it easier for other players to take my trades not harder.

OldHag

Necromancer
How often do you do that and how big is your map?

PS: If you want me to stop posting just let me know, there's no point for me to be here if I'm not wanted (also @C-Nymph).

EDIT: There's definitely a lot of happier places out there. ;)
I try to check the trader a few times per day, to be honest, I'm never flooded with hundreds of pages of trades, for example I only have 136 pages of trades for all goods at the moment, which is not a great amount in my opinion. I use the filters for each good and often have no trades for some of the goods, but it varies.

I'm 633 provinces big - I should be bigger but I keep forgetting to send my scout out...lol

p.s Not sure where this comes from but why would I want anyone to stop posting, there are few enough posters here as it is. I'd love to see more people post, but for whatever reason a lot of people just don't bother or give up posting.

Edit - I also have 5 pages +2 of Incomplete provinces, however big that is.

Last edited: