• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Long term speaking...

DeletedUser66

Hey guys,

I was never involved in the beta version of this game but I presume a lot of players here were.

Long term speaking, and by that I mean having perhaps most of everything unlock - or even everything and you're close to end game.

What would be the ideal amount of residences to have? This is one of the most, if not the most important aspect since it provides population which is needed to upgrade everything else basically. But progression is rather slow and I don't wish to build like 30 of them when 30 will not be needed.

What would be the ideal amount of workshops to have? While they still important for city growth, they only provide tools. Unlike residences, once you have completed everything possible, as in the upgrades on all your buildings, you will only need tools to build troops and prepare goods. I would assume one would have a lot more workshops while progressing through the game and then probably deleting some suiting the player's needs at end.

And finally...

What would be the ideal amount of goods buildings to own? I would like to have two of each if population would allow it. Two seems to be ideal to gain enough goods and use some for trading as well. At this point in my game I found I needed to remove the first two I don't have the special ability to gain more on and make place for the next three. Ideally, when I do have space, I would like to build those up again.

Must appreciate the advice in advanced from our professionals :)

DeletedUser23

A lot of this will depend on how many expansions you unlock via both diamonds and taking provinces. For example if you leave all your provinces until after all the technology is unlocked then the amounts of buildings will be skewed to the end etc.

Workshops are easy enough to answer: I think 8 is a great number while progressing. It'll mean that you never run short of supplies, and you can complete the daily quests in 1 x 1h production (Make 8 x Bread and then another Produce xxxx amount of supplies). When you've finished upgrading/techs then you may decide to reduce a bit but losing 1/2 probably won't give you much space/population back but it's upto you really.

Goods buildings; I had 2 while progressing through the Beta. Upped that to 3 towards the end, and now I've almost finished the tech tree I'm using all the space I unlock to build population and goods buildings. Currently I have 34 houses, 4 scrolls buildings, 3 steel and 3 elixirs, with 8 workshops and 3 armories. But I've got another 10 or so provinces to unlock so I might get another few goods buildings in there alongside the extra population needed.

As for culture, it's worth going for 125/150 while progressing, but at the end it's all about goods really and you can get better returns by just keeping 100% and using extra space for pop/goods.

P.S things will be different depending on if you're human/elf too, as the amounts from each building, and their sizes are all different. I'm human in the beta.

DeletedUser66

Thank you Sheepski.

I'm Elf on EN1 so there may be some differences.

Would you care to elaborate on the skewed amount of buildings at the end? I don't quite understand what you're getting at? At this point I try and unlock as many provinces as I can while going along. With each promotion of my troops and troop size I seem to progress pretty nicely this way.

I'm not entirely sure how many expansions are needed to unlock the full map, I think it will be 64 if I'm not mistaken. According to the wiki you can only gain 34 expansions provinces. Then there are another 20 from the tech tree which is a total of 54. Premium expansions go up to 15 in which only 10 would need to be bought to fill the entire map. That will be at a cost of 4250 diamonds if one wishes to gain the full map in any case.
EDIT^ A player actually starts off with 6 expansions already which means they will only need to buy 4 which will cost a total of 1850 diamonds.

But thank you for the insight, I tried keeping my culture up to 170% this far but by sacrificing a lot of space. I think it would be a better option to sacrifice some culture for more goods buildings since some goods are very difficult to come by.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23

What I mean is basically, if there are 34 expansions you can unlock via provinces, and you leave them all until after the technology tree is finished then you'll have a lot less space while progressing, so the amount of buildings you'll be able to build will be lower during that time, and skewed to when you start to unlock them. If you got them all straight away, then you'd get a lot more buildings a lot earlier.

That only affects the part of your question asking about how many buildings I had at the end compared to while progressing.

Just two extreme examples really, but could make a difference in how you perceive how many buildings you can get.

(Oh another difference you'll find is that some goods buildings are smaller than others, so you need more of them).

Yeah you're right about unlocking the whole space as far as I know. I always tried to plan how many buildings I'd be able to fit in and how much population I'd need etc when having the max space.

DeletedUser

If that is right then I will never have a full map of the world. I don't play with money only for Fun!!! It would be nice to have a full map. Oh well I will make do with what I can get playing for Fun and enjoy it!!!!

DeletedUser294

If i have done my calculations correct, I´ll have 50 houses, 3-4 armories and 22 goods buildings (7 gems, 7 slik and 8 marble) 8-10 workshops and 10 Gardens of harmony, when i got all 64 expansions. As you see , i´am only building the ones i have boosted and trades for the rest.

DeletedUser

Hey guys,

I was never involved in the beta version of this game but I presume a lot of players here were.

Long term speaking, and by that I mean having perhaps most of everything unlock - or even everything and you're close to end game.

What would be the ideal amount of residences to have? This is one of the most, if not the most important aspect since it provides population which is needed to upgrade everything else basically. But progression is rather slow and I don't wish to build like 30 of them when 30 will not be needed.

What would be the ideal amount of workshops to have? While they still important for city growth, they only provide tools. Unlike residences, once you have completed everything possible, as in the upgrades on all your buildings, you will only need tools to build troops and prepare goods. I would assume one would have a lot more workshops while progressing through the game and then probably deleting some suiting the player's needs at end.

And finally...

What would be the ideal amount of goods buildings to own? I would like to have two of each if population would allow it. Two seems to be ideal to gain enough goods and use some for trading as well. At this point in my game I found I needed to remove the first two I don't have the special ability to gain more on and make place for the next three. Ideally, when I do have space, I would like to build those up again.

Must appreciate the advice in advanced from our professionals :)

logically speaking when you have everything unlocked the ideal thing to aim for would be a maxed out city hall that you fill to capacity with coins and goods and nothing else because what would be the point of producing products, goods or coins after that? technically speaking the ideal way to end is with a blank map and just a city hall the same way you started with

DeletedUser66

Well you can always take over provinces, they are endless and you will need goods, coin and supplies for negotiating. There will be a point when there is no possible way to fight and win the battle after completing a certain amount of provinces since you can no longer unlock squad upgrades.

I have a level 15 hall and I don't think I'm even a third of the way through the game yet.

And when a new update comes with new features, you will be sitting with a lonely town hall.

DeletedUser

Well you can always take over provinces, they are endless and you will need goods, coin and supplies for negotiating. There will be a point when there is no possible way to fight and win the battle after completing a certain amount of provinces since you can no longer unlock squad upgrades.

I have a level 15 hall and I don't think I'm even a third of the way through the game yet.

And when a new update comes with new features, you will be sitting with a lonely town hall.

But you asked what is the best way to finish now as in under the current system, if you are going to assume that there will be more expansion of the game then your original question is impossible to answer since no one can predict how big the game will become and therefor not predict an ideal ending. My answer assumed you are talking about what the game is now whereas your question now seems to assume that the game will constantly expand