• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Limited Uses for Sentient Goods

DeletedUser227

Anyone else feel a bit disappointed in sentient goods?

I can't trade them for standard goods, and other than upgrading my buildings and finishing the tech tree they have no use.

So far, they feel like a glorified guest race good. My 2 suggestions to make producing T4 more enticing would be to allow us to trade sentient goods for standard goods and implement an option to cater with sentient goods instead of standard goods in Tournaments.

This is otherwise just another bland resource with no uses between guest races, like mana and seeds. Except we can trade our bland resources now!

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
I tend to agree with you. Once all the research oaths chapter is finished I will not produce them anymore.
I am now researching the expanded trader in the tech tree. But if there are no other players in my part of the world who produces sentient goods I will have to buy them at the wholesaler in the market....At what price ???

Lelanya

Mentor
How proactive have you been Mike ? Yes a balanced goods production is needed. What have you done to see that it happens? My Wyn chat circle is filled daily by Elementals level players exchanging tips about expanded mana production. We've collected some balanced boosts and are urging all to get moving so they can support each other. Further many players in this chapter are corresponding to share what they've learned. I'm almost tempted to make an info thread about it.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
I am not in your situation Lelanya. We are only 2 in my FS who are at this chapter and none of my neigbors are there also. But will see how it works out with time :)

Deleted User - 106219

I tend to agree with you. Once all the research oaths chapter is finished I will not produce them anymore.
I am now researching the expanded trader in the tech tree. But if there are no other players in my part of the world who produces sentient goods I will have to buy them at the wholesaler in the market....At what price ???
The trade range for Sentient Goods is much greater than the range for Standard Goods. Also, accordng to what I heard on Beta, you can buy Sentient Goods only with Sentient Goods, not with Coins or Supplies. So you are better off trading with other players.

DeletedUser227

You guys are getting off-topic.

This discussion is supposed to be about the limited uses for sentient goods once were done the elementals chapter.

DeletedUser227

Another idea, why can't we use sentient goods to gain KPs? What's the purpose of new goods if they have no uses?

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
seeds decay into nothing, sentient good decay back into their normal T1. So once i am end of tech i will be always producing sentient goods.
3500 tier 1 goes into 5100 T4 if i recall correctly, so 3500 tier 1 eventually turns into 5100 tier 1. At least thats better then 3500 seeds turn eventually into 0 seeds :)
I say once im end of tech , because before i imagine id better not use seeds on sentient goods, but rather on tech tree etc

DeletedUser227

seeds decay into nothing, sentient good decay back into their normal T1. So once i am end of tech i will be always producing sentient goods.
3500 tier 1 goes into 5100 T4 if i recall correctly, so 3500 tier 1 eventually turns into 5100 tier 1. At least thats better then 3500 seeds turn eventually into 0 seeds :)
I say once im end of tech , because before i imagine id better not use seeds on sentient goods, but rather on tech tree etc

You're still better of building a T1 manufactory for accumulating goods. You're spending T1 goods to make T4 goods and letting them degrade back to T1, while holding a massive amount of goods as T4 which serve no purpose.

Best strat will be to build some T4 and T5 manufactories right before the next guest race, unless Innogames implements a reason to keep them around.

DeletedUser2437

I'm in the same Fellowship as Kerykeion. We have quite a number of players who are already working our way through the elementals chapter, yet the problem is that once we finish the tech tree and the few upgrades that require them there is basically no incentive to keep producing T4 goods. Sure some of us will retain limited manufacturing capacity to help fellows who are still progressing but the other players on the map? Good luck to them.
I honestly feel like it was a huge mistake to make Sentient goods decay over time. We already have two tech related goods from guest races that do that! And I'm not saying it's a bad gimmick either. Id be fine with a third guest race good that decays if that is what they wanted to implement. BUT MANUFACTURED GOODS SHOULD NOT DECAY! Goods are the only constantly useful resource in the game that does not have a quantity limit. Money and supplies have a cap. Guest race goods are either only useful to that race or they have a cap. Mana and seeds decay over time. I guess orcs don't have a cap but they aren't used for anything other than tourneys/provinces and the occasional workshop upgrade. Actually orcs do more closely fit the bill for a Good than the current T4.
My primary complaints about T4 is that it does not behave as any other Good. It cannot be used for tourneys, it cannot be used for KP, and it cannot be stockpiled for later use. It serves no purpose in the longer term and once we don't need it for tech we aren't going to keep it around.

DeletedUser227

Huh. So good to know the players above me will be keeping everyone's best interest to heart!!
There are a couple of good points in here but as usual overwhelmed by negativity

We waited for 9 months for Elementals. We expected something worth waiting for. Instead, we got another iteration of the same boring goods that have no use other than progressing through the tech tree and upgrading buildings. The only difference is we can trade them. Ho-hum.

I was expecting a new permanent fixture in my city. I was expecting a new dimension of trading. I was expecting new design strategy to manage 4 different manufactory types. I was expecting a new boost to my KP generation through goods. Instead, I got some boring temporary resource that I will be demolishing the moment I finish Elementals.

I stuck around through a 9 month wait for permanent new goods. These are not permanent new goods. These are boring, repetitive guest race goods. Next time I'm faced with almost a year of waiting, I'll know the pot at the end of the rainbow is a garbage can.

We lost a ton of active top tier players waiting for Elementals, and with this slap in the face we can expect to lose even more next time we're waiting eternally for a guest race. There's no motivation to stick around if the new content is rehashed and unrewarding.

DeletedUser803

Ive just started Elementals, it seems to me there is too much moonstone in the trader but hardly any Platinum up for trade. I would have thought the distribution between Moonstone/ tree gum and platinum would be relatively even, but Im not seeing this. anybody have any answer/ information?

cwgiii

Shaman
I am not there yet, but I am not surprised. Seeing that the Tier 1-3 goods do not seem to have balanced representation within the trader (for many reasons, some of which are outside Inno's control). The Elemental goods would only exacerbate these imbalances, IMHO.

DeletedUser3781

If there's a lot of trades asking for platinum, the platinum players have no reason to post their own - they can just take what's already offered there. I think you'll never see all three sentient goods balanced in the trader when the trading area is the whole world. Just post your trades and they will probably be taken in reasonably short time... at least that is my experience in Winyandor.

DeletedUser2437

Best I can tell, what you are seeing is the result of a decaying good with limited use. Players who have finished the chapter have no reason to keep producing it beyond helping their fellowship, and you'll be seeing those as trades with zero stars at 1-4 ratios since they wont need anymore themselves. No help to you from those I'm afraid. The trades you are seeing at 1-1 are from the players still working through the chapter which leads to another problem. Tier 4 goods require seeds, and compete for them with Elemental Artifacts, Mana buildings, and completed techs. Now, because newer player are working through the chapters one to the next they aren't really sitting around at the endgame dumping their KP into wonders for months on end, they are unlocking new tech as quickly as they can manage. But higher level wonders increase the amount of seeds you gain which means new players simply wont have as many seeds as older ones. SInce seeds are also a decaying good most players (who don't have many to begin with) wont want to waste them. Unlocking a tech is permanent and requires nothing else, a good investment for seeds. Artifacts also do not decay which means and of them that are gained stay forever, another good use for seeds! Now ill be honest I really didn't need any new mana buildings for this chapter after having the Maze and Abbey, as well as several Frozen Fountains from the winter event set. But many players will need to improve their mana production and that too is a good investment for seeds. Then you have Tier 4, A decaying good that needs decaying goods to create, and useful only for moving through the chapter.

This leads to the unfortunate situation where goods are frequently imbalanced in the trader, and during my own progress I have seen it shift wildly between all three different goods! And the reason for this is simple: Every other use of seeds is a better investment than Tier 4! Anyone who needs it will produce it as fast as they can until the have enough, trade it as effectively as they can manage, (a good fellowship works wonders here) and then once they fulfilled their immediate needs they stop entirely until more is required. You likely have a lot of time ahead of you with your T4 manufactories sitting idle while you use your seeds for other things with lasting benefits.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Ive just started Elementals, it seems to me there is too much moonstone in the trader but hardly any Platinum up for trade. I would have thought the distribution between Moonstone/ tree gum and platinum would be relatively even, but Im not seeing this. anybody have any answer/ information?
I thought so at first also. But in reality it's pretty easy to trade what I need. I just accept what I want/need and if there is no offer that I need, then I place my own offers. I'm still producing moonstone even though I have more than enough to finish this chapter. That being said I'm doing pretty well with seeds, so I don't feel the need to save those up.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
It took me a couple of weeks after finishing elementals to get the t4 goods needed to upgrade my regular t1 factories, but, after that was done I deleted my 2 t4 factories. If a new chapter takes 9 months like last time, or even if it takes 3 months, I refuse to tie up some 3 or 4 expansion per t4 factory to make something I have no use for and decays. I'll have some extra regular goods factories thank you very much, and I can do a little more catering for tourneys. I can rebuild the t4s for a new chapter in 4-5 days.

That's the problem with t4 goods, if most players think like me then the t4 trading market is about to collapse, which will make life difficult for players starting elementals in a month or 2.

DeletedUser5976

which will make life difficult for players starting elementals in a month or 2.
I shudder to think what will happen in a year, that's probably how long it will take me to get to elementals. It will at least be a challenge :p

By the way is it sentient goods or sentinel goods? I see both in the forums.