• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

World Map Limit Required Orcs for Encounter Negotiation to Corresponding Research Tree Section

DeletedUser791

[Summary]:
For players who haven't reached the Orc&Goblin research tree stage, remove the requirement of Orcs for Encounter and Province negotiations.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Yes. Nothing found in this forum.

[Details]:
With V1.10 a feature has been added that requires players to provide Orcs (besides the usual goods) to negotiate encounters in provinces.
I propose to limit this requirement to players who have reached the Orc&Goblin research and remove this requirement for other players earlier in the research tree.

[Reasons for Implementing]:
Without having reached the stage "Orcs&Goblins" a player cannot produce Orcs. Hence the player will not be able to conquer any new provinces without making use of the fighting system. Subsequently a player within earlier research tree stages cannot add any Province Expansions, cannot collect runes for Ancient Wonders and cannot collect relics nor Knowledge Points without fighting.

A hugely frustrating experience (which ultimately could see hundreds of players quitting the game) as one of Elvenar's value propositions is (now was) the lack of a dedicated focus on a fighting system but the opportunity for the player to decide which route to take (fighting, negotiating or a mix).

[Balance]:
Just recently, InnoGames implemented Ancient Wonders in Research Tree Stages 2,3 and 5. Players of earlier Research Tree Stages are now forced to fight encounters, some of which are tough to beat and more effective to be negotiated.
Without the ability to negotiate encounters in earlier Research Tree Stages, players will not be able to collect runes for their Ancient Wonders, making the recent implementation of Stage 2,3 and 5 AWs useless.

I support the addition of Orcs as a requirement for negotiation for players who have reached the Orcs&Goblins stage, making the game a bit more challenging but strongly oppose this requirement for players earlier in the research tree.

DeletedUser297

Zzzyk - completely agree with you. Can't think of another part of the game that is as totally unfair as this addition. It is difficult enough for those at the Orcs & Goblins stage but, to require others to need orcs when they have no way to acquire them, is as poorly thought out as it can be. If I were a player who was forced to fight to gain a province and needed orcs to complete a province (or use diamonds!) and had no way to get them, I would quit the game. I'm afraid this will happen quite rapidly if the situation is not changed. One of the reasons this game appeals to many people is because fighting has not been necessary in order to clear a province. Please do not make it a requirement to fight or spend money to play the game.

DeletedUser1224

There's a deeper issue here...as the game developers are already aware - this game was to provide us with the flexibility to play purely as builders and avoid the military aspects of the game. The developers have once again changed their minds about something, ignored the feelings and thoughts of their customers and enforced a mode of play that the builders don't want.

There's no point in filling in any further surveys from Inno Games as they'll just do what they want to do anyway.

I support Zzyk's suggestion to help the people further down the research tree.

DeletedUser1829

I must be missing something. I have a town purely focused on negotiating and am not concerned by this at all. It in no way impedes my ability to not fight, in fact I believe it balances the game. Compared to my towns with a fighting focus I had a distinct advantage to reach further into provinces then a person focused on military only at the same stage of the game. That is completely unfair as a balanced game. The orcs simply put a negotiating restriction on me like very high enemy numbers do to fighters.

What I see the restriction does inhibit though is players who chose to focus exploration on boosted goods only as you hit the orc requirement much sooner and are likely forced to do closer in provinces of non-boost to get enough provinces to unlock the chests for each tech era.

I am still completely capable of gaining runes for wonders and farm them from tournaments by catering.

DeletedUser

I agree orcs should not be required for negotiation until people have reached that part of the tech tree. HOWEVER, they will not change this, because if they did, people would just not bother reaching that part of the research until they'd completed enough provinces that space won't end up being such a massive issue as it is when you suddenly find yourself strapped for space in the middle of dwarves/fairies and unable to get any expansions by negotiating. The solution would be to simply set a fixed number of provinces people are to complete per chapter and to be honest about the fact that such a restriction exists. This is just a clumsy, dishonest version of that designed to imply players can get around it by concentrating on the military aspect of the game. Restricting space seems to be the new agenda, at least since we were forced to build the MA.

I disagree that adding a feature requiring people to build military constructions at this stage in the game is a good thing. If people are going to need armouries to negotiate, that should be implemented towards the beginning of the game and not forced upon people who played the game for give or take a year completely avoiding the military aspect. In other words, if people are going to be required to engage in the military part of the game, albeit it passively, requiring armouries for negotiations should be part of the game play from the outset, such as needing an armoury at level x to "transport the required goods" or whatever, even if the armouries are not spitting out slaves pertaining to a socially disadvantaged race that are required as a negotiating resource - which could remain as a new feature of orcs (even if it's morally objectionable :p ). Or in other words again, if armouries are going to be compulsory, they should be compulsory form the start.

DeletedUser437

I disagree. It's kinda fun, you know. I see it as a challenge, or else the game will be boring.

DeletedUser336

Imho there should be a choice to use a certain amount of goods instead of Orcs for those who have not yet completed the Fairies Chapter.
I and many others would be for this sugestion, however wouldnt that mean, it would be as it originally was?

heres another thought along those same lines, what if, they were to use goods specific to the race your on in research? ie: in dwarves you could use copper and granite, then hit fairies an use some of their goods? and orcs WHEN you hit orc research, not before

AND only be activated after you unlock the first part of the specific research

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great ideas, but as I mentioned above, they won't implement that as people would just put going into orcs on hold until they'd completed a decent amount of provinces that would mean they had sufficient room for orcs and didn't have to waste orcs they generate and need for upgrades for encounters. The same thing happens at the beginning of the game when you need tier 2 and 3 goods for encounters, except that at that point it doesn't mean you won't be able to expand for literally months unless you buy gems.

DeletedUser1775

Don't mean to be a negative Nancy and keep repeating this but, please for the love of all that is holy, dump the orc requirement for negotiation. It bothers people to no end.

I get it, it is really cheap to clear with diamond, only like 250ish for each province, but that's not the point. Its a blatant money grab and people see it for what it is. I spend 2000 diamonds for expansion and i don't even blink but i refuse to spend even a single diamond on this.

As of now, all my future spending on this game is halted until the game is fixed. I am not the only one, there are a lot of rage in the community from the long term, PAYING customer of the game.

Time is the essence here, the longer this goes on, more player will get frustrated and felt ignored. And with games like this, once a players leave, they will not turn back.

DeletedUser

As of now, all my future spending on this game is halted until the game is fixed. I am not the only one, there are a lot of rage in the community from the long term, PAYING customer of the game.

Time is the essence here, the longer this goes on, more player will get frustrated and felt ignored. And with games like this, once a players leave, they will not turn back.

I agree. I'm sure there are players that don't mind feeling pushed to spend or don't notice it, but I'm guessing there are far more that dislike that. It's not a case of people wanting things for free; it's a case of wanting to invest money in the game when you feel like it as opposed to when you cannot advance unless you do.

DeletedUser1974

I think the developers dropped the ball on this one. People should be able to have the option to fight or negotiate. To add the ORC as part of negotiations is totally bad all together. It should never be an option.

DeletedUser1345

The "orcs" requirement for negotiating encounters - even for players as far back as the Dwarves chapter - must surely be out of concern for the physical health & well-being of Elvenar players.
After all, sitting for long periods at a computer, playing a game like Elvenar, is not good for one's health - so Inno is trying to drive players away from their computers...and from this game.
Thanks Inno, for caring about us so very, very much!

DeletedUser1925

The "orcs" requirement for negotiating encounters - even for players as far back as the Dwarves chapter - must surely be out of concern for the physical health & well-being of Elvenar players.
After all, sitting for long periods at a computer, playing a game like Elvenar, is not good for one's health - so Inno is trying to drive players away from their computers...and from this game.
Thanks Inno, for caring about us so very, very much!

Not sure about that.
unfourtanetly they want "junkies" that pay 80 eur multiple times. :p

DeletedUser1224

You've got more chance of seeing an Inno shaped kiss imprint on my hairy brown derriere before I buy any more diamonds

firerock

Enchanter
wont this just make those not yet at this level, complete a whole load of provinces before they reach this part of the tree to compensate? where is the incentive to go on? The Orcs as part of negotiating seems more of a block to me.

DeletedUser

wont this just make those not yet at this level, complete a whole load of provinces before they reach this part of the tree to compensate? where is the incentive to go on? The Orcs as part of negotiating seems more of a block to me.

Yes, which is why they will not do that. imo orcs should be either removed completely or required for provinces further away than any player had reached before orcs were introduced. That way, no one would be disadvantaged.