• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Library Set

rock stream

Scholar
Can you build the library set twice in different places?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Can you build the library set twice in different places?

off course you can, in fact how you build your set depends on you imagination
1590417633853.png

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Not really, you can decide where you want that and where it doesnt matter.

for example:
endless scrolls has this production / connection bonus
1590480285323.png

For most people only the green ones matter as they have already more spellfragments than they can ever use.

So whats the solution for a few insane setcombinations?

1590480366668.png

This is a game breaking scrolls production combination (if you can manage to collect it)
It produces as much as 2 scroll factories on a day doing 7 3 hour productions
The middle can be filled with any combination of gumtrees or manaplants.

This is one of the reasons this set could destroy players with scrolls production as they would not be able to get rid of there scrolls anymore if these type of combination start to pop up in there neighbourhood

1590480513257.png

A more balanced set and easier to get, it maximises mana / gum tree production and gives the endless scrolls 2 connections out of the 3.

1590480587802.png

This is my personal favorite when it comes to libraries
It maximises 2 libraries with as little in between as possible, that at the same time is as effective as possible.
And you can mirror these as many as you like

Some sets like this one give you the ability to be creative in a different way.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I think this library set is a mistake. Perhaps not entirely a mistake, but the combination of how easy it is to pick up multiple sets and the goods it gives out being solely Scrolls (and potentially very large quantities) is already killing the trading system and severely disadvantaging those people with Scrolls boosts.

It wouldn't surprise me to see it nerfed - Bell Spire style. They could make it much rarer, but there are already a lot of people who already have several sets.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I indeed forsee long term issues with this set, which I did tell them when it came out. Fortunatly they already noticed some issues with scrolls.
I am just not sure they understand why.
It's not just scrolls, there are other goods that have serrious problem, which good where depends mostly on the server
Especially sentient goods are an issue. for my main world this is Bismut, but I have heared it's all over the place, so we can't blame this set for it.

They do need to find a way to adress it, the wholesaler is it's current shape ain't the solution.
But it might be that the long term solution might be at that place, but when they do they also have to modify the blooming trader guild.

Whatever the solution might be, yes this set is a problem and it will become a bigger one in the future if nothing changes.

DeletedUser9591

I think that library set pieces became rare lately. At least I do not get them so often as before :)

Pauly7

Magus
Not rare enough. If people want 6 library sets they will just wait a while. I am currently getting a Gum Tree and a Mana Plant both just about every week. The other bits take a bit longer to appear. Also, at this point making them rarer doesn't help when people already have all they want. It just impedes their ability to upgrade them.

Gargon667

Mentor
The damage is already done. The market is flooded with Scrolls, Dust, Tree Gum, Bismut and to a lesser degree Moonstone.

The only problem is Scrolls. That became obvious just a few weeks/month after the Spire started. Well for people who looked at the numbers it was apparent, as soon as it came out, but the impact on the trader has been rather faster than I thought it would be, however for some reason it has not become worse and worse as I expected.

Dust is no problem, because it is only produced in low level buildings, which means, the total number is small and it disappears as cities grow.
Sentient goods are not a problem, because they decay. More people have more Gum in storage, more decays and a new balance is found. Yes it is a balance skewed to Gum being more common than the other T4s, but it is a balance. Same for all sentients.

An elegant solution other than nerfing would be introducing a new building that uses scrolls to produce something else. Of course it could make ink (that then decays) but it could be anything really like a goods converter that turns scrolls into any kind of goods/any other resources, even something completely new. With the current rather high need for Orcs in chapter 15/16 I would vote for making paper Orcs :). Then again I guess the Orcs use went up by design because people had hundreds of thousandsof them sitting around bored (unfortunately decay was invented after Orcs). So maybe something new would be the way to go...

Pauly7

Magus
An elegant solution other than nerfing would be introducing a new building that uses scrolls to produce something else. Of course it could make ink (that then decays) but it could be anything really like a goods converter that turns scrolls into any kind of goods/any other resources, even something completely new.
I like the idea, but it still isn't ideal because this then swings the balance in favour of those who have Scrolls boosts. I wonder how much chaos it would cause if they said that from this point the Library sets now produce your boost, or boost +1. People may be left with a bit of rethinking to do, but they wouldn't have to really change their set ups as they'd still be getting the same amount of T2.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Please remember guys that the Moonstone Library set has to be placed exactly as the wiki page states for all of the rewards to be maxed, one item out of place and that limits the rewards .
Placing multiples in rows can work to utilise the gum tree and mana plant's from both sides.

Gargon667

Mentor
I like the idea, but it still isn't ideal because this then swings the balance in favour of those who have Scrolls boosts. I wonder how much chaos it would cause if they said that from this point the Library sets now produce your boost, or boost +1. People may be left with a bit of rethinking to do, but they wouldn't have to really change their set ups as they'd still be getting the same amount of T2.

I agree that would be another very easy solution, but boring ;)
Making a new scrolls economy would be much more challenging, and yes it will lead to cases where scrolls boosters are the ones winning and others where they are loosing, which will lead to tons of complaints, but I personally would find it much more entertaining :) I do not think it very likely to be implemented, the only thing in favour would be that such a scrolls economy would be pushing the Spire even more for 66.7% of players that don´t make scrolls from their boosts. And pushing the spire seems to be something Inno likes to do :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Please remember guys that the Moonstone Library set has to be placed exactly as the wiki page states for all of the rewards to be maxed, one item out of place and that limits the rewards .
Placing multiples in rows can work to utilise the gum tree and mana plant's from both sides.

This only counts if you are able to aquire only one of each building, once you can acquire multiple of the same pieces this theory goes trough the window. and I have already show above how you can powerplay / poweruse these sets clearly because of it.

The only problem is Scrolls. That became obvious just a few weeks/month after the Spire started. Well for people who looked at the numbers it was apparent, as soon as it came out, but the impact on the trader has been rather faster than I thought it would be, however for some reason it has not become worse and worse as I expected.

Dust is no problem, because it is only produced in low level buildings, which means, the total number is small and it disappears as cities grow.
Sentient goods are not a problem, because they decay. More people have more Gum in storage, more decays and a new balance is found. Yes it is a balance skewed to Gum being more common than the other T4s, but it is a balance. Same for all sentients.

An elegant solution other than nerfing would be introducing a new building that uses scrolls to produce something else. Of course it could make ink (that then decays) but it could be anything really like a goods converter that turns scrolls into any kind of goods/any other resources, even something completely new. With the current rather high need for Orcs in chapter 15/16 I would vote for making paper Orcs :). Then again I guess the Orcs use went up by design because people had hundreds of thousandsof them sitting around bored (unfortunately decay was invented after Orcs). So maybe something new would be the way to go...
Good issues are mostly created by an imbalance in players who continue / stop to play. this is especially prevalant with sentient as a small percentage difference between players of the same bonus good can create massive differences on the marken and create issues.

For scrolls this problem is mostly localised and can be camouflaged or a more prevalent depending on how many scroll produceres there are and how many produce there own scrolls using these sets. in your local market. with some interconnectivity trough fellowships.

They tried to adres scrolls with the upgrade cost of the city hall in the new chapter. but this is a short term solution for a long term problem.
They will need to find other solutions to solve this issue of imbalance. not every world has a tree gum / bismut issue there are plenty worlds with other sentient good issues.