• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

library set building and other ...

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
Yes i know many old players complain that they have many sets of the building and welcome the removal of the set from tower.
But then the game punishes new players and players that where unlucky and did not get the building set.

Having 3 set is a good number with the tower to have some constant supply of catalyst with 4 making your life way better.

No matter what you put in the place people will be always complaining. And the developers should never PRIORITIZE old players over new players

All the games i have seen that happening the game slowly dies out, since the new players are playing a game and seeing what older players have and what they can not get. And this goes to thee events with the company pandering the old players over the new ones. Do you like fire phoenix you can not have it level 10 evolved since i will charge you a premium of 2 new artifact for 1 old. Did the developers have any brain cells left? So not only you say to the new players to choose if they want the new building or the old but in case they want the old they will not even get it fully evolved, while the old players will have the artifacts of the new building which they may choose or not to build.

Some events did not appear again and instead we had new events coming out.
While there can be a debate on if the library building are good to place same be told for the evolving building every player can choose a style of playing and decide for them what is worth to be built in their city. The problem is the developers took upon themselves to create a cast system
and punish the new players for simple not playing the game from the beginning of the introduction of the evolving building trent.

How that is an even play field for ALL PLAYERS?
How that is not a DISCRIMINATION solely based on what time a player start the game?

If company want to keep introducing new evolving buildings which is a failed strategy since the space of the city is limited , and you can not teleport evolving building on your warehouse makes a building of that a huge decision and investment, which for me apart a few ones, they are USELESS.
I will not build a building and later on have to sell it and not be able to build it again if thing change again. Whats the point?? As game evolves and rules change how good a build fare can change and thus make evolving building a POINTLESS addition to the game.

If you have a different opinion . PLEASE KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF
the usual bullie tactics are not appreciated, every time i post something having people openly harass me.
THIS IS AN OPEN LETTER TO DEVELOPERS not to fellow gamer.

DeletedUser

You seam to forget the mayor problem with the Library set; INSANE amounts of scrolls flooding the markets. In my ch12 city i have a neighbour, which is willing to trade 100k scrolls to 50k crystals. And everyone of us which have scrolls as boost are pinned to the board and have a hard time trade our boost to the two other goods.

No, having more Library sets is a really bad idea. Yes, they need to find a way to level the mess the created. But they are not going to because they can't, unless they kill-off every Library set above 1 in each city, and give them something else they can use, Magic Residence or WS or whatever.

One thing that many don't get about this game, is that it's a; Business - You seem to forget that too ;)

All that heckling of the developers; Please stop it.

Who do you think tells them what to come up with mechanical-wise ?

Who do you think pays their salary ?

And who do you think approves of what they create ?

YES; C E O's

So stop blaming people who has absolute no saying in the decision making of how the company goes about it's business. Take a job at INNO as a developer and tell the CEO's that they are idiots and are destroying the game; Let's see how many seconds you last in that job :cool:

So if you don't want anyone to argue with you about what you post, at least get these things straight, and remember; This is a forum, WHICH is for EVERYONE. So please stop telling us what we can do and not here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor
If you have a different opinion . PLEASE KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF
the usual bullie tactics are not appreciated, every time i post something having people openly harass me.
THIS IS AN OPEN LETTER TO DEVELOPERS not to fellow gamer.

This is quite a funny part :D

So here i go harassing you right away: No developer will ever read this message, while the only people that actually do read this message are your fellow players :D

Now as to old buildings, most of them are of no special importance and one cannot keep them all available all the time.

The only old buildings of real importance are the Firebird, the Brown Bear and maybe the Polar Bear. For the Firebird Inno has actually been surprisingly good at making it available to everyone with both having some artifacts available through the 6 weeks spire and then by having the exchangeable artifacts in the easter event, so everybody had a chance to fully (or close enough to it) evolve a Firebird from zero just in the last half year. If they choose to evolve the new bird instead that is their choice. No need to get everything for free.

The bears have not been available in a while now, but should soon follow the same picture, most likely the next artifact coming up after the Mermaids are out should be the bears and the bear event will follow after the summer so in less than 6 month it should be possible to also fully (or close enough to it) evolve one of the old bears, if one chooses. What more could one reasonably expect?

The library set is a whole different story though and I agree that Inno is not choosing a very good solution to the problem, but since the main strength of the library set is the FA, it is a problem that mostly only affects FA enthusiasts. For the average Joe there is not much use in having 10+ sets...

sgjennings

Adventurer
You seam to forget the mayor problem with the Library set; INSANE amounts of scrolls flooding the markets. In my ch12 city i have a neighbour, which is willing to trade 100k scrolls to 50k crystals. And everyone of us which have scrolls as boost are pinned to the board and have a hard time trade our boost to the two other goods.

No, having more Library sets is a really bad idea. Yes, they need to find a way to level the mess the created. But they are not going to because they can't, unless they kill-off every Library set above 1 in each city, and give them something else they can use, Magic Residence or WS or whatever.

One thing that many don't get about this game, is that it's a; Business - You seem to forget that too ;)

All that heckling of the developers; Please stop it.

Who do you think tells them what to come up with mechanical-wise ?

Who do you think pays their salary ?

And who do you think approves of what they create ?

YES; C E O's

So stop blaming people who has absolute no saying in the decision making of how the company goes about it's business. Take a job at INNO as a developer and tell the CEO's that they are idiots and are destroying the game; Let's see how many seconds you last in that job :cool:

So if you don't want anyone to argue with you about what you post, at least get these things straight, and remember; This is a forum, WHICH is for EVERYONE. So please stop telling us what we can do and not here.

Can't they just fix the Library sets so that different Goods are produced? So for 1/3 of the players it's Scrolls, another 1/3 it's Crystal and the other 1/3 it's Silk? That would solve the problem!

sgjennings

Adventurer
This is quite a funny part :D

So here i go harassing you right away: No developer will ever read this message, while the only people that actually do read this message are your fellow players :D

Now as to old buildings, most of them are of no special importance and one cannot keep them all available all the time.

The only old buildings of real importance are the Firebird, the Brown Bear and maybe the Polar Bear. For the Firebird Inno has actually been surprisingly good at making it available to everyone with both having some artifacts available through the 6 weeks spire and then by having the exchangeable artifacts in the easter event, so everybody had a chance to fully (or close enough to it) evolve a Firebird from zero just in the last half year. If they choose to evolve the new bird instead that is their choice. No need to get everything for free.

The bears have not been available in a while now, but should soon follow the same picture, most likely the next artifact coming up after the Mermaids are out should be the bears and the bear event will follow after the summer so in less than 6 month it should be possible to also fully (or close enough to it) evolve one of the old bears, if one chooses. What more could one reasonably expect?

The library set is a whole different story though and I agree that Inno is not choosing a very good solution to the problem, but since the main strength of the library set is the FA, it is a problem that mostly only affects FA enthusiasts. For the average Joe there is not much use in having 10+ sets...

What do the Brown Bear and Polar Bear do? Thanks.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The brown bear gives you a bonus (5% per level) on troop production in your 3 buildings.
The Polar bear reduces the cooldown time between tourney rounds (10% + 1% per level)
That is if they are fed. In their normal state, the brown bear gives troops and the polar bear a variety of things according to your chapter level.

DeletedUser

Can't they just fix the Library sets so that different Goods are produced? So for 1/3 of the players it's Scrolls, another 1/3 it's Crystal and the other 1/3 it's Silk? That would solve the problem!
Nope. The problem is that they have 10, 15 and more sets. So no matter what goods it would be it would still create problems. Yes, not as tiltet as only scrolls, but still problems.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Nope. The problem is that they have 10, 15 and more sets. So no matter what goods it would be it would still create problems. Yes, not as tiltet as only scrolls, but still problems.
What problems you mean?

Well, I can imagine it could somewhat cripple the training, if it was boost+1 or +2. So I’d vote for boost+0, so people still need to trade. But otherwise?

I remember the problem with many event buildings producing T3 goods and the awful 1:16 trading ratio in trader. That combo was a problem. But trader is better now, so I don’t think Libraries would cause similar problem, if they were producing boosted goods.

So what problem am I missing?

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
im pretty sure the main issue inno had with it, isnt that we were all getting scrolls. I think the reason they removed it, is because we were getting to many CC, and spellfragments from it. Making spire less attractive, and making events too easy.

DeletedUser

What problems you mean?

Well, I can imagine it could somewhat cripple the training, if it was boost+1 or +2. So I’d vote for boost+0, so people still need to trade. But otherwise?

I remember the problem with many event buildings producing T3 goods and the awful 1:16 trading ratio in trader. That combo was a problem. But trader is better now, so I don’t think Libraries would cause similar problem, if they were producing boosted goods.

So what problem am I missing?
There will still be way to much T2, which still would give the problem of wiping out T1 production as it is today. I see a lot of cross trades from scrolls to T1 in both my cities which a place in different areas of the map.

DeletedUser

im pretty sure the main issue inno had with it, isnt that we were all getting scrolls. I think the reason they removed it, is because we were getting to many CC, and spellfragments from it. Making spire less attractive, and making events too easy.
The scrolls problem makes players very upset because they can't trade, which in the end make many of them leave the game. I myself is one that am thinking about that. But i can help myself a bit of the way, since my two cities have completely different boosts. But it's still insanely annoying not to be able to trade and have to wait days for even just a little of the trades to be taken.

I'm not sure how though the set will make events too easy. There's only a few quests that demands fragments or CC's.

Gargon667

Mentor
Like what? The only problem is the imbalance of produced goods (scrolls only), if the sets produce an even ratio of goods averaged over the whole server the trader will work perfectly as intended and nobody with a scrolls boost will have a disadvantage.

Gargon667

Mentor
There will still be way to much T2, which still would give the problem of wiping out T1 production as it is today. I see a lot of cross trades from scrolls to T1 in both my cities which a place in different areas of the map.
Overproducing an entire tier is no problem whatsoever, people can simply solve their own problem, by getting rid of T2 factories.
cross tier trades are no problem. You don´t have to accept them. If people have trouble getting their trades accepted they can solve the problem themselves (see above)
Current trades of scrolls for other tiers are mainly motivated by the overproducing of scrolls, not overproduction of T2. I place scrolls in the trades asking for ANY of the other 8 goods, I don´t care what goods or tiers I get for them, I can then trade anything I get for what I originally wanted, by placing an opposite cross-tier trade. So If I can get steel for scrolls, I will then place steel for crystal in my next trade.

Also FAs are forcing an overproduction of T1, and Event buildings (used to) push a T3 overproduction. A certain amount of T2 overproduction would only balance the server more, but really that is not an issue any more with the trader as it is nowadays. Cross-tier trades are now more or less fair trades and can account for imbalances with no problem. In my neihgbourhood lots of people still overproduce T3, which makes me happy as I can simply keep my T1 factories between FAs instead of switching them back to T3 factories and save teleports that way. And my neighbours are happy that they can get T1 for their T3, so the trader with the current fair trade rates makes everybody happy and actually means, you DON´T have to produce a balance between tiers anymore as long as there are other towns with a different imbalance. That is how trading should be.

DeletedUser

I know you like to be right and be the holder of the truth ;)

But you seem to forget the problem with trading T1. The lack it creates. Now it's just scrolls tried to be passed down for T1, but it doesn't matter which T2 it is. You also seem to forget all the player complaints about it.

From what i can see in my trader, many of the players which complained about it has left. Probably stopped playing because they couldn't get their trades taken. I didn't have so much of a problem then, and then i was negotiating everything. I'm very happy that i took up fighting, so that i don't need all the goods anymore for tournament, cause i have a rather hard time moving just the small amounts in need for the Spire.

But it's okay that you're happy with it and your trading seems to works, but it doesn't for many other players.

Gargon667

Mentor
I know you like to be right and be the holder of the truth ;)

I do like this new title :D Very befitting for an Orc! We don´t have the brains to lie and as long as we win the fight it is us who (don´t) write the history books. So yes we are always right by default :D

But you seem to forget the problem with trading T1. The lack it creates. Now it's just scrolls tried to be passed down for T1, but it doesn't matter which T2 it is. You also seem to forget all the player complaints about it.

I cannot forget a problem that I have never seen! What lack are you talking about? There is no lack, if anything there is an overproduction we were talking about?
What other players are complaining about what part of trading? I don´t see anyone in here complaining, except for you. And you complain about the wrong thing :D

The discussion started with the trouble created by spire libraries (too much scrolls), various people suggested a very easy solution to the problem (change to boost+X) and that´s it.

From what i can see in my trader, many of the players which complained about it has left. Probably stopped playing because they couldn't get their trades taken.

A very unlikely reason for quitting to play, but of course not entirely impossible. people stop playing all the time, once they are gone they are fair game for everybody else to claim they left for whatever reason they want to assign. Most commonly used as an argument against the new tourneys btw :D So now you claim they left because they couldn´t get their trades taken, whatever. I claim they left running away from an Orc Horde!

I still haven´t seen what the problem supposedly is, if Spire libraries have a boost+X production. Apart from the fact that they are far too powerful of course, but they have always been that. Anyway if you can describe an actual problem caused by this I would be very interested in discussing it. I do love arguing over mechanics real or hypothetical :)