• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Lets try new type of trades!

DeletedUser3548

Hello! I'm guessing that I'm not the only one, who can't wait the time, when there is possibility to trade also with other things than only goods or sentient goods. For example artifacts: everyone has in their inventory some artifacts they don't need but someone else does. So why not trade with them, instead of crafting them into spell fragments? And to think even further: why not trade also with all kind of instants and summonings? It is doable after all because everything has a price in Elvenar and before we disenchant some instants or summonings into spell fragments, we can see their value differences. So, by using same logic it is easy to convert them into 1,2 or 3 star trades.

Why not try it? It will make this game much more exciting.

With best regards

Strider

Hekata

Artisan
It's nice idea and it has been suggested before in various forms. I believe it was dismissed because of possibilities to abuse the system and cheat.

DeletedUser3548

But how can we cheat here, when an artifact equals another artifact? Or instant and summoning equals another instant or/and summoning, spell fragmentally speaking? From mine point of view it is only a matter of technical skills to make it happen and to make it happen a way that there is not possible to cheat. I mean how is this system abuse, when there is a possibility to trade the last artifact I need to evolve my Fire Phoenix one last time?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
It's all very well with your good wholesome reason for doing so, but what will happen is that people will use multiple accounts or multiple cities to give themselves double the number of artefacts. They could even devise systems with actual players. Imagine if, during the 2019 Phoenix event the biggest players had managed to end up with double the number of Fire Phoenixes that way.

Inno is only willing to let people break the game balance if they are spending money to do it.

Julian

Sorcerer
Also, are spell fragments the right measure? If you disenchant a Chapter 1 building and a Chapter 16 building, don't you get the same number of fragments? And it would suggest you could buy buildings with fragments. But I've got millions of the things.

DeletedUser3548

Like I said, it's matter of technical thinking - it all depends who's kung fu is stronger - cheaters or those, who writes the game and game rules (they have to see 10 steps forward to prevent any kind of system abuse). About measuring by using spell fragments - that was just an example. No doubt there could be an algorithm, which makes everything into right balance, no matter what chapter we're talking about.

Pauly7

Magus
I still don't see it working. It isn't about algorithms. It's about how players will use this trading system to their own advantage. If you allow, for example, players to freely trade 1 artefact for another then players will do whatever they have to do to get as many of them as they want. I think the devs will have in mind how much they want the average player to win. I think they want to limit people to a single evolved building per event. This can be skewed by those buying diamonds, but at least that's limited to how much money people want to spend. (Note the disappearance of the Wishing Well.)

Also, for this to work as you see it all the trades couldn't be completely like-for-like or there would be no point doing it. You would need to be able to think "Well, I don't need these extra artefacts, but I do want that glossy garden" and people will use multiple accounts (not necessarily push accounts) to get themselves whatever they want and in big quantities.

I think events such as last year's Mermaids event showed the devs how far people are willing to push if there are potentially unlimited rewards. Since then they've taken steps to not allow that to keep happening.

DeletedUser3548

I know about push accounts problem but it is easy to track those players, who's using that method to gain easy profit. I know that because there is one professional programmer in our fellowship and he explained us everything we had to know about it. He can easily check, who's using push and who's not because there is very easily recognisable pattern. The question is, why Inno doesn't do anything about it?

Another question is: if Inno wants that players use more diamonds, why there wasn't possible to use diamonds, when I liked to craft myself an artifact during the last Phoenix event? If I want to craft something so desperately and I don't have all ingredients - at the end of the event I was out of new phoenix artifacts-, I can usually use also diamonds for that but not, when we're talk about artifacts... Why? What's the thinking?

Alcaro

Necromancer
If Inno would want to reinforce their own rules, would not exist push accounts, but Inno likes it because the biggest % of peeps having countless push accounts are also big spenders. A game can be abused as much as the developers want or find it acceptable.

I know about push accounts problem but it is easy to track those players, who's using that method to gain easy profit. I know that because there is one professional programmer in our fellowship and he explained us everything we had to know about it. He can easily check, who's using push and who's not because there is very easily recognisable pattern. The question is, why Inno doesn't do anything about it?

Another question is: if Inno wants that players use more diamonds, why there wasn't possible to use diamonds, when I liked to craft myself an artifact during the last Phoenix event? If I want to craft something so desperately and I don't have all ingredients - at the end of the event I was out of new phoenix artifacts-, I can usually use also diamonds for that but not, when we're talk about artifacts... Why? What's the thinking?
I know what you mean. In one of my cities I prayed to get a recipe to craft one old phoenix artifact and waited from the time we won the last new artifact in FA until May 6th, checking every damn 6 hours. If I'm not wrong that means around 10 days. And I DIDN'T GET THE RECIPE!! I would have paid with diamonds to get that recipe ... well actually I paid several spins but with the same result - 0 recipes.

Your idea is great, I am tired to exchange the same stuff forever. Would be actually awesome to get rid of so many things that devs graciously gave them to us in the last events (pages of useless 1x1, 1x2, 2x2 buildings or many other buildings I will never build).