• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quests Less clicking

DeletedUser114

[Summary] - Instead of clicking through quests a drop down menu so you can choose the one you want.

[Details] -At the moment I have to click through 25 quests to get to the one I need, this equates to thousands of clicks when I do my neighborly and fellowship rounds, I like to do the quest collect coins as can many times as I can as it gives tools as a reward which is a great help.

[Reasons for implementing]
-It would save the player's mouse, plus the risk of RSI injury :)

[Impact on other game features]
- If this could be implemented ( and I not even sure if it can ) I can't see it impacting on the game at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser306

@ unicorn - I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion/idea, something which I made aware to our Support Team, who suggested it should be posted on these external forums

So I do hope we can get these quests as a dropdown menu in the next update, certainly would make quest completions/rewards easier to focus on.

Seems this QUESTS topic was raised on June 11th, posting below ... (can someone from the Developer's Team act on this please?)

I see are several repetitive quest and my propusal is if would be possible for developers to make them in a sub-menu,listed,and when u complete them to fill automated,to have the possibility to collect simultan rewards,will be more atractive for us,the players,
for example if i have to collect my houses i need to set my repetitive mission "collect 50k coins for 4.5k supplies as reward"..ok ,i need to cancel 15 missions for repeat this mission and collect my coins to fill this mission several times,and is booring after a wile...cuz i need to make many missions every day...
I dont know if everyone undestand my ideea,i hope u do,i know my english is bad :(.
Please make the missions to complete automated to not be necesary so many cancels :D
And for the players,please reply with Pro/Contra or/and complete my ideea if necesary :)
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser66

As it stands at this point, using the repeatable quest system is too beneficial for a player. It can be manipulated in such a way so that large amounts of coin and supplies can be gained. As you can see from what you're doing, you probably have never run out of coin or supplies for some time because you can easily gain it back through quests. There is no need to have workshops in your city since a player can gain more supplies from quests than from workshops. Not the way Elvenar was intended to be played.

So there will mostly like be a change, but not the one you're hoping for...

DeletedUser306

Actually that's a fair enough point about why have your own Workshops when the rewards alone are greater ... be interesting to see if any revised updates have any effect on the quests etc

DeletedUser

what happened to getting coin and supply when you help your friends? I have only been getting coins and I needed the supply too!

DeletedUser66

what happened to getting coin and supply when you help your friends? I have only been getting coins and I needed the supply too!

You will always get coins if you help out a neighbor or fellowship member. You will get coins and supplies if you help them out within 24 hours of them helping you.

If your neighbors or fellowship members don't help your city out, there is no way to benefit with supplies unfortunately.

DeletedUser281

My understanding of the repetitive quests is that as you progress through the game, the rewards for completion of the quests increases. This makes sense given that the resources needed later in the game increase. For any player just going through the game, many of the quests auto-complete when you get to them because chances are you have already done whatever was necessary to complete it. I gained a ton of coin and supplies just because I had naturally progressed in the game and the quests and side-quests had not yet caught up.

I think this is a good idea, in order to allow players to complete a quest that is more easily attainable, rather than have to click through each quest and decline it until something that can be done is available.

DeletedUser306

Having read all replies on this subject and the pro's and con's of making the Quest System easier to utilise - how about splitting the quests into different topics, ie a quest icon for Building rewards, another icon for Province rewards etc etc, this way we could decline through less than 25 quests to get to our chosen one with more than 1 icon on the left-side but say 5 covering each type of quest.

I for one get fed up on the 150k coins collected for 10k supplies when visited fellowship members and the globe too.

DeletedUser66

If any changes are going to be made to the quest system any time soon, it would most likely be a timer on repeatables to prevent players from declining all the quests until they reached the desired one or have some sort of mechanism in place where a currency will need to be paid in order to skip a quest.

DeletedUser114

So we are to be penalized even more as well the re balancing, if the game is this badly flawed why the heck did they release it ?

DeletedUser126

At this stage a "desired quest" for me, would be one that I can actually achieve with the resources I have available. Not goods or supplies I have available but resourses. Buildings that can produce the requested items. A building within reach of the requested level.
Some of us have more time than others and max out on the learning tree way ahead of time. Others are tacticians who understand and like the military side. Some would prefer no military involvement. Why is one right and one wrong???
A game that effectively supports all and favours none would survive longer.

DeletedUser66

So we are to be penalized even more as well the re balancing, if the game is this badly flawed why the heck did they release it ?

How is it so badly flawed if there is a problem with the repeatable quest system?

What you're suggesting is taking a exploitable problem in the repeatable quest system and suggesting changes to it so it can exploited even more easily because you do not wish to waste time on clicking through 20 odd quests you don't want to do. What is the point of having these 20 odd quests as repeatable quests if players simply skip passed them so they can get back to "Our taxes" quest?

As I said, there will be changes made and not to penalize you as a player but to correct the error so that the repeatable quest system can be used as it was intended to be used.

DeletedUser114

Hmmmm you keep using the word exploiting the repeatable quests as if we are doing something illegal we are not this is the way the game is designed, how do you know this is not the way it is supposed to be ? And if it is not then it is a flaw in the game design, plus the game has another huge flaw how about disappearing neighbors ? the way they delete hard won neighbors is not very good (well for the players at least as it slows the game even more), Folks are losing an awful lot of coins and the resources the coins could buy when they disappear.

So yep I would say the game is flawed, but even so I really enjoy playing even though it is a huge click fest.

Uni.

DeletedUser66

Yeah well, it is an exploit. In the gaming industry, an exploit is the use of the gaming system by a player to gain an advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. We already know this is unintended since we are already seeing re-balancing on quests that were taken advantage of. How do I know this? Logic.

We have already established in other threads that the disappearance of neighbors is an actual feature to replace inactive players with new players. But that has nothing to do with this idea.

No need to get upset with me, I am just pointing out that suggesting an idea on a feature like this will not happen. There will be changes made to this feature, but unfortunately, not the ones you're hoping for.

DeletedUser114

Hi Da Twista.

I am really sorry for making you think I was having a go at you this was not my intent.

My original post was to highlight all the clicking in the game I stand by this there is far to much clicking, visiting neighbors and fellowship rounds takes me 40 minutes or more if the lag is bad, and as we get more and more neighbors this is going to get worse and worse and the time it is going to take doesn't bear thinking about.

Sorry again Uni :)