• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

lame end to the event

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I was not spaming just voicing an opinion!! Sorry I just thought general discussion was just that...generally discussing ones feelings sorry if I offended you you,Killiak

MargMa

Seeker
Forcing everyone to "space" completing of events might have good intensions but in reality makes it hard - of not impossible for some. Some people want very much to finish early, because they can get back to city building. These events mean so many are not doing that because - well if I collect now - it means 9 hour cooks are now 3 and I won't get through the next stage. This pretense of people finishing early and having a few unhappy because they didn't save "points" towards more valuable prizes is absurd. Many cannot complete because they actually want to city build and then cannot finish because they are out of - something. These events are becoming seriously unpleasant.
I get the impression you are making things hard to prevent people from being able to complete things - buy diamonds - buy buy buy - if you want to play
I have bought diamonds in the past - but since you have been trying to make the game seriously hard without, I have time and time again come to the conclusion - I might be better off doing something else. I don't like pressure and feeling it here more often. I come here to get away from pressure, but rethinking

Killiak

Artisan
I was not spaming just voicing an opinion!! Sorry I just thought general discussion was just that...generally discussing ones feelings sorry if I offended you you,Killiak

I am not offended, I am voicing my opinion about your situation, as well as explaining how these type of events work.
There is such a thing as an edit button, if you feel you need to add more to your postings, which reduces the need for multiple posts in a row by the same member.
I assure you that any additions will, in fact, be read by us forum-going Elvenarians.

Almondum

Spellcaster
Hello,

I understand your concern @gathsdell, and I am glad* that some wonderful people helped you find a way around it.
I would like to add something else, some people have a time-periods in their real life when it gets quite busy.

For instance, I help with experiments in a lab, during some weeks it's more intense and I stay for much longer and even have to go there on the weekends. In essence, sometimes it's very hard to come online everyday, specially once the "locked" quest phase is reached.
Additionally, the further one is into the event quests, the harder they are and when you are busy with real life, there isn't time to play for the things in-game (those quests).

What I am trying to say is, some people with busier real lives might not be able to complete the events under the current "quest locking" system.
I believe the option to finish all quests immediately once the event starts should be available from the day 1. If someone finishes faster, they always have the daily currency bonus and it's motivation enough to login and play. I don't think that "extra-optional" quests are needed per se, it would be nice, but since it's quite challenging to make exploit-free extra quests...well don't make them :), just remember (esteemed Devs) that it's not the fault of the majority of players that some smart fellas found a way to abuse the event quests.

Have fun and see you in-game,
Almond

* = edit

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Almondum : I agree. And while I don't agree with the following opinion/attitude, I'm quoting it nonetheless, because it's a viewpoint well known to be shared by many gaming companies these days [especially 'mobile-first' types, as Inno now describes itself]. Simply put, one of the several reasons why Inno tries to keep players logging in as often as possible and/or on schedules that are designed to suit their own strategy [rather than the players' often-busy Real Lives] is the fact that players can't spend money in-game if they're not logged in, and so [put simplistically] the more logins, the more chance that players might decide to click on that lovely shiny blue 'Pay with Diamonds' button you'll see on, well, everything in-game, near enough.

Again, this is not a tactic I enjoy, admire, or appreciate, in any game, nor yet do I find it justifiable, either, no matter how lucrative it may be (old-time gamer as I am!) - I'm a fan of the older view that states: 'make an excellent, player-centred game and people will WANT to pay for it'. But my view is, of course, only one of many, and Inno has long been a Big Business [which is now majority-owned by a much bigger business, too...] rather than, as it once was, the more traditional 'small, had-working team of developers and artists' type of company which some players, perhaps, still imagine it might be.

And for better or for worse (no launching, this time, into one of my walls-o-text, especially not on the niceties - or otherwise - of Capitalism!), where there is Big Business, there will no doubt be many financial managers, accountants, statisticians, Social Media analysts, etc., etc. - in fact, probably far outnumbering either game developers or artists... so whether one loves, hates, or even cares not about the way in which Elvenar's Events are evolving, I for one don't think that the developers themselves have voluntarily made [many of] the in-game changes we've seen in the past two years or so.

Almondum

Spellcaster
I agree with you as well @Laurelin
I also believe that a well made game will encourage people spending money. For instance, under the current design, if a person has time, they actually don't need to spend money, because they can login many times and do the things as they become available/ready (e.g tournaments and events).

For instance, working people can't get around a 16h Tournament cooldowns. Why? Simple, we have schedules :D and since days have 24 hours the 16h CD changes the tournament time everyday.
A person who can login many times, will just set an alarm, wake up and do it. A working person, will work and only do after 20-24 hours passed.
Same for the events, people who can login often don't need to spend money either and can do the quests as they appear.

Although people who login often are exposed to the diamond purchases more often, any regular/veteran player realises that if they have the time no money has to be spent. This is why I believe that Inno's strategy fails, but I am not a businessman and I don't have any financial data in from of me, so we can only guess and provide feedback!

If the game was more comfortable for the majority of people (including the working community), I believe people would be more willing to invest into things such as vitality surge, troops instants, unit empowering statues, artifacts, even if they logged in less often. All this because they would be more exposed to the content of the game (the one that has an impact - tournaments/events), instead of missing out because of unpractical cooldowns or gated quests.

Have fun folks,
Almond

Sir Derf

Adept
Or, you use the built-in features to decrease the cooldowns, thus allowing more flexibility with inter0scheduling the game with real life...

Almondum

Spellcaster
Of course! Those come couple of years after you start playing, until then it's very hard/uncomfortable to manage. The AW that reduces the CD + Bear thing.

Sir Derf

Adept
Almost like it's something that you could look forward to, and entice you to keep playing so you can get it and gain its benefits.