• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Lack of T5 goods

DeletedUser

We went through this with the Elementals, but it seems far worse this time around with the Amuni.

In Arendyll there is a distinct lack of Arcane Ink, but in Winyandor it's far worse with the lack of Royal Velvet - I'm now having to build a silk factory even though my T5 boost is Arcane Ink because its better to earn 700+ Royal Velvet every 3 hours in a non-boosted factory with spell then get 0/24hr on the trader!

On checking the trader, there are 7 pages of trades of Obsidian for Arcane Ink but 15 for Royal Velvet!!!

Considering how many months we waited for the new guest race to come out, surely there would be more people with T5 goods than when Elementals was released and we needed T4 goods?

DeletedUser4517

I'm glad someone else has noticed this issue. I'm on Arendyll as well, and since the Amuni have started the supply of Arcane Ink is just minimal. I have had so many issues trying to progress in my city and through the research tree. I've noticed some people have seen this trend as well and are taking advantage of this by offering 0-star trades for their Arcane Ink for exorbitant amounts of other Tier 5 goods. I've had fair trades up for days without a single bite, and I'm sure others have had the same issue.
Surely there is some way that we can bypass this unforeseen bottleneck? Perhaps reduce wholesaler prices in the trader until enough people with scrolls reach the Amuni chapter? I'm thinking of doing what Lisica is doing and just building some scroll manufactories of my own to try to get around this issue. This is very frustrating, as the amounts of Tier 5 goods needed are pretty high when you cannot get any of one of the resources required.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions to help with this situation?

DeletedUser7733

I'm in Elementals and make platinum. Currently, there's 12 pages requesting platinum. Most of the time, I pick trades that offer the amount I need but if you put a little tiny discount on it, eg 999 for 1000 you will show up at the top of the list and I'd pick your trade. It's still unfortunate that you have to do a discount but it still might be better than building non boosted production.

DeletedUser4517

I'm in Elementals and make platinum. Currently, there's 12 pages requesting platinum. Most of the time, I pick trades that offer the amount I need but if you put a little tiny discount on it, eg 999 for 1000 you will show up at the top of the list and I'd pick your trade. It's still unfortunate that you have to do a discount but it still might be better than building non boosted production.

That's a good idea Clever, and I'll give it a go to see if it helps the situation out! My guess is though that there just aren't enough people with scrolls in the Amuni chapter to produce for the entire world yet. I'll report back later and let you know if your idea worked :)

DeletedUser4149

the problem will get worse if the game makers decide to reduce the amount of new players in each world by creating a 4th or 5th world for players to choose to start their cities, like they've done on other servers. the higher the total number of players in each world, the more likely there would be to have a more even number of players w/ each boost. this would also improve the quality of many of the fellowships that are finding that more players are leaving the game than starting new cities and rising in the ranks of the worlds that were created earlier.

Deleted User - 106219

On Win the lack of T5 is becoming a major problem. My boost is Arcane Ink and I need Royal Velvet for upgrades required by the story quests. Only there is NO Royal Velvet to be had anywhere. I posted fives trades of 2000 Arcane Ink for 2000 Royal Velvet. They went down to 1800 for 1800 and again to 1620 for 1620. Not a single one has been accepted. No one seems to be asking for Arcane Ink, and the only people offering Royal Velvet on the Traer are asking for Obsidian instead.

DeletedUser

I'm lucky enough to have space to put down non-boosted factories, but anybody who didn't buy expansions and therefore is space limited will be really really struggling - I'm now trying to upgrade silk on Arendyll and crystal on Winyandor and the lack of Arcane Ink and Velvet respectively is fast becoming an issue which could be make or break in game terms.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@Lisica , I presume you have a 700% boost for t5? If you traded 7 of your boost for 1 of a non boost, you would still be better off than building a non-boost. In the real world you wouldn't need to go anywhere near that far. 2 to 1 trades will be snapped up, I bet even 1.5 to 1 would be.

DeletedUser

@Lisica , I presume you have a 700% boost for t5? If you traded 7 of your boost for 1 of a non boost, you would still be better off than building a non-boost. In the real world you wouldn't need to go anywhere near that far. 2 to 1 trades will be snapped up, I bet even 1.5 to 1 would be.
arghhhh I came here to complain! Don't take away my moment ;)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
:)

Well, you still have a point, because posting giveaway trades will help you, but if the server as a whole isn't making enough of a particular good, then others will just wait longer for their trades.

davemc

Bard
I produce velvet in in Win but find I use more velvet than anything else. I tend to take trades first from my neighbours that visit daily. But will be finished Amuni in a few days so will take any trades I can

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I produce royal velvet in Arendyl. And most of the time I go to the trader and there is zero demand for velvet. I find the hardest to get arcane ink, but I usually get it in the end, so I wouldn't say I struggle with it.

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
guess my luck just suc badly. in elementals my boost was gum, now is ink. market was and is always full of those offers. platinum was hard to find then, royal velvet now. when i click on market it looks total opposite of what u r saying. maybe we just play at different times o_O