• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Lack of goods to trade stalls the game

DeletedUser7995

In Feryndral there is a definite shortage of Gems available. I post 2* & 3* trades and they sit there for days. There are never any T3-T3 trades on Gems that I can see. INNO say they see no problem (as usual) but I have reached a point where the number of Gems required has stopped my tech tree and residence upgrading. Maybe a player should have trades auto-completed after x days up to a limit based on where they are in the game. Getting close to just giving up on the thing.

Pauly7

Magus
In Feryndral there is a definite shortage of Gems available.
I expect that it's just your given neighbourhood and not Felyndral as a whole. It sounds like your area may be bad. Make sure that you have the "allow automatic movement to better position" checked in your game settings. Don't hold your breath for action particularly quickly, but in theory you will eventually be moved to somewhere with better trading neighbours.

kimkimkim

Summoner
@carran , I would have to agree with pompey, sounds like you need a better fellowship, It's not Felyndral itself, it's the people you are with and your neighbors or lack of....I will have to retract my comment about finding a better fellowship as it seems you are an archmage of the fellowship you are in.....unfortunately it looks like most of your players have yet to reach the research for T3 goods to build them, so it will be a waiting game to get gems from them so in that case I suggest doing what Pauly said and hope INNO moves you to a more active part of the map.

Last edited:

Julian

Sorcerer
10 of your 22 players are boosted in gems. In a month or so when they get round to making them, you'll find your fellowship awash with the stuff.

DeletedUser4149

keep in mind that Felon-whatever is the 3rd world. you're gonna find fewer large trading partners there and weaker competition for tournament and overall score rankings. so you gotta take the good w/ the bad.

kimkimkim

Summoner
keep in mind that Felon-whatever is the 3rd world. you're gonna find fewer large trading partners there and weaker competition for tournament and overall score rankings. so you gotta take the good w/ the bad.
from someone not even in this world, this statement is completely untrue.....to stay on topic, the fact is that all the fellows in that fellowship have not even gotten to their T3 boosts to make the gems and if the neighbors are not putting trades up for gems then carran must be in a dead spot on the map and clearly needs to be moved

DeletedUser4149

from someone not even in this world, this statement is completely untrue.....to stay on topic, the fact is that all the fellows in that fellowship have not even gotten to their T3 boosts to make the gems and if the neighbors are not putting trades up for gems then carran must be in a dead spot on the map and clearly needs to be moved
the statement i made is on topic. there are more reasons why this player can't exchange goods besides his or her fellowship, although that is a big part of it too. we can trade w/ neighbors too and so can this player's fellows. everyone in the fellowship can't all be in a bad spot. they can work together better to trade. i had no problems trading in the older world of arendyll because many cities around me were older than me and had lots of goods to trade. people who play in a newer world have to deal w/ the fact that there are fewer large cities to take their trades.

yes, competition is weaker in Felon because of being a younger world. i experienced a similar difference playing in Windy compared to Arendyll. just look at the scores of top fellowships in each world. top 2 fellowships in Arendyll this week have 60k+ already in the tournament. no fellowship in Windy or Felon reached 50k yet. 40k would only be ranked 10th in Windy and ranked 6th in Felon. i see differences like this just about every week.

Felon is a smaller pond than the other worlds. people there have the benefit of being able to rank higher in both tournaments and overall rankings because of that. they have to expect to have weaker trading partners also. you should expect an even bigger difference if you get to the point when you can trade T4,5,6 goods. those are easier to trade in Arendyll compared to Windy. Felon is even younger than Windy. the game makers created these differences when they added the 3rd world. blame them if you have issues trading and please don't blame me for realizing them.

DeletedUser4149

it's also possible that you recruited cheater, feeder cities who's only purpose is to feed kp to other cities or earn diamonds for another city by using wishing wells and these cities aren't interested in growing themselves. they could be there to grow other cities that aren't even in your fellowship.

don't you find it strange that nobody in a large fellowship has a single wonder besides you? i haven't even looked at Felon-whatever world but after looking at the stats, it seems very strange that people are earning tournament rewards and don't have a wonder to spend them on.

i could be wrong about this but i've seen this happen many times before. this is a consequence of Inno's policy of turning a blind eye towards cheaters. people who play fairly join or form fellowships that are dysfunctional because certain players don't care much about the city they are using to feed another one. then the people who do play fairly can become discouraged by the lack of help from their teammates, sometimes causing them to quit or at least become lost when trying to learn the game.

using wishing wells to earn diamonds for another city that is attached to that account is probably within the rules from what i can tell. feeding all of your kp to another city isn't but both of these actions will hurt the development of a fellowship.

note-i'm not accusing you of cheating. i'm suggesting that cheaters may have joined your fellowship and are hurting your team's activity, growth, and trading.

DeletedUser5093

carran's issue is one that happens to a lot of players. Being moved to a better map position is something that takes forever, and getting a good fellowship can be a bit hit and miss, or else not possible due to other reasons. I used to have a city like that. I would put up 3 star same-tier trades and they'd still be there a day or so later. I ended up abandoning it. A solution is definitely needed. I like the original suggestion of having certain types of trades taken by a bot after a certain amount of time. Perhaps 2+ star same-tier trades that have been up for over 24 hours? This would mean players in empty neighbourhoods would not be disadvantaged, while not impacting those in active neighbourhoods.