• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

KP lotery

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I think it would be a fun idea for us all to have a Knowledge point/or perhaps a diamond lottery. Like we all put 10-20 KP or diamonds into a pool and said date there is a drawing (fair and transparent obviously) and whomever has the winning numbers wins/shareed winners the pool. This might be fun.
G

Pauly7

Magus
Sounds fun. My first thought, though, is whether this constitutes gambling and whether they would be prevented from doing it anyway. It is probably a more reasonable idea with KP than it is with diamonds.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@gathsdell Wow.... this is a good but such a sticky wicket :D

It's a wonderful idea however, whilst there are no specified rules concerning "Gambling" (probably due to any shareable items such as KP, not having any monetary value) there is SOME worth to it and could therefore constitute Gambling!? Odd I know... Also, you need to consider the ways in which the winner will be determined, could this be manipulated, could you trust that person, could this become open to Push Accounts (which are definitely forbidden) and in the event of a dispute, Support unfortunately would not be able to help!

So whilst a brilliant idea! I would certainly tread carefully as to the specifics involved so you don't run into any of the above! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Gargon667

Mentor
More gambling than all the other random rewards? I see no difference: every event we have a new game resource we spend for random rewards.

Diamonds could be called an exception, since they can be bought with real money, but KP (or CC or any other game resource)? Is just that: another game resource. why not spend it on more random rewards?

gathsdell

Soothsayer
hey all,sorry to be gone so long,RL and all.
Yes I agree Diamonds may be too sketchy, but a rare and unique building(one of a kind)? or a special AW perhaps? Actually I think that is perfect a KP lottery for a 1 of a kind AW!! Perfect not game play altering,but certainly worth a few KP's to enter. On drawing day a screen?(which all could view) that randomly generates the winner. Obviously with only the number of participants so someone will win ie:1475 entries 1475 numbers. Maybe here on forum so it's easy for all to accsess the drawing.
Let me know what you all think please I think this could be a really cool "add on" Elvenar lottery sounds sweet :))