• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Keep animation on expired buildings

kimkimkim

Summoner
I would like to suggest that the animation on buildings stay intact even after it has expired. I for one have a few good buildings, like the ferris wheel, the trading outpost and the wishing well, to name a few, that give me decent culture, ok maybe not the trading outpost, but the other ones are over 900 in culture for me.....and until I come across something to replace them with, they will remain in my city.....soooo please keep the animation on buildings that have expired.

Pauly7

Magus
I second that wholeheartedly. I made the point a little while ago and was shut down pretty quickly. I then decided that I am no longer going to build Wishing Wells and the like for this reason. It's especially so with those premium buildings like the Moon Mirror which I only purchased because I liked the look of it and then they took the animation away.

cwgiii

Shaman
I actually like this idea. However, I do think there should be some sort of visual indication that the building has expired. Possibly the zzz's shown for idle production structures could be implemented for these structures as well (I realize that this is not necessarily as visually pleasing, but would be a compromise). Or, the animations could remain while the structures change color. Or, some other clever way could be developed to visually distinguish expired structures from those that are still working.

DeletedUser3571

While it will not effect me, i know that there are people who play for the aesthetic of the game. So i support it.

FieryArien

Necromancer
As long as I can easily distinguish between animated+functional and animated+expired version, I like the suggestion. There are some unique buildings which I believe people would like to keep (personally, I’m quite ruthless when it comes to event buildings with obsolete stats).