• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion July 2022 Fellowship Adventure - Feedback

Sir Derf

Adept
I'll venture a guess... Maybe players had adjusted their gameplay after the 2 reductions and started putting more Manus in play during FAs, thus collecting more T1, and they adjusted back up to compensate?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Ramases I've merged your post with this similar one! This ensures I keep all the feedback in one place! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Jackluyt

Shaman

UPDATE:
The changes were apparently a mistake. From the German forum: "This should not have happened yet with the current FA, however we decided against fixing that now during an ongoing FA."

I just added these comments to my event note and master file:
  • As always, the design and technical execution is immaculate.
    Well done Elvenar designers!!
    ♥♥
    BUT!!
    The rebalancing of the badge requirements that appeared in the July 2022 round is a typical example of overkill by the game designers! It is true that Coins and Elvarian Guards had become too easy and we all had dozens left over at the end, and a rebalancing was needed. But now they have gone to the opposite extreme!

After the change, most players now struggle to make one or two coin badges per day, playing normally - and that forces us to use the neighbor visit icon on the map screen to visit hundreds of people that we normally wouldn't, and even that is not enough.
    To unblock the yellow path, I just had to use THIRTY of my Coin Rain 100% instants - and that is clearly not sustainable.

Also, recent game changes had removed the repetitive click-click-click-click-aaargh!! from the Fellowship Adventures, making it more acceptable to people whose enthusiasm was lukewarm. Now the designers have re-inserted the boredom into the game, with totally unrealistic numbers required for the coin badge. I do hope they will reconsider!

Changes to Elvarian Guards are probably OK given that many players are overstocked with Armories and have lots of Vallorian Guard and Orc Strategist buildings in their cities.

The Bracelet changes are harsh but perhaps we can live with them - but the COINS? No no no no!!!
    Please reconsider!!

This rebalancing ought to be reconsidered and softened. Why oh why did they not first test the changes in Beta?
    That is what beta is there for, after all!!

I do hope someone passes this comment and others similar to Hamburg!

UPDATE: The changes were apparently a mistake. From the German forum: "This should not have happened yet with the current FA, however we decided against fixing that now during an ongoing FA."

294320001_10221259589019894_4227788955448119447_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Or, read both answers at the same time...

The modifications work as intended, but should not have happened yet. The two statements aren't really in opposition.

Maillie

Spellcaster
In my main city in Winyandor, where I have finished the game, I have nothing but Magic Residences. I also have 15 pages of NH to go through every day, most gold hands. If I can't come close to getting a single coin badge then your term of "working as intended" means no players should be able to complete this badge in a single visit. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Dear mods, it seems you owe the devs some cookies or a round of drinks
No cookies for the devs today! :p

GSV3MiaC

Alchemist
"Me too".. Coins were too easy, are now too tough. Try 'incremental improvement' folks instead of overshoot and correct. And beta test changes and listen to the feedback.

Have enough trouble motivating FS member to play tourney and FA without making them impossible. "sack of coins" please, or "bag of coins" not "ruddy great dump truck of coins". Yes, bracelets too.

Pauly7

Magus
Very strange decisions. Bracelet badges were one of the toughest for most people... so they just got made tougher. Sacks of Coins were harder for some, easier for some, but it was probably balanced about right... and now they just got made to be near impossible.

I would be interested to hear the logic behind it, though I suspect we never will. And Guard badges? Still just as easy to the point of being literally pointless... and they stay the same.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Very strange decisions. Bracelet badges were one of the toughest for most people... so they just got made tougher. Sacks of Coins were harder for some, easier for some, but it was probably balanced about right... and now they just got made to be near impossible.

I would be interested to hear the logic behind it, though I suspect we never will. And Guard badges? Still just as easy to the point of being literally pointless... and they stay the same.

Apparently the version they loaded accidentally was not meant for release. So there is no telling what they have in mind; it may have been an experimental FA version they were testing on their simulator, and someone got the versions mixed up...

MargMa

Seeker
So fix problems with fs adventures and then make them - impossible again. I was under the impression this was to be a bonding experience with members of the fs. This new coin demand means - small cities - one hopes you would encourage - feel hopeless to contribute. I finished the last chapter and using boosts to get these badges. Also have people fed up with Elvenar and have people leaving - well done you.
Competitive yes - impossible - not going to encourage anyone.
We are not relishing the challenge - but disgusted and people fed up with not being able to compete
.Make things fair, allow smaller cities to participate more through diligence. The way things are now - I have people saying - I'm going elsewhere - and so are my friends.
Make people work - fine - but allow them to aim for possible

Pauly7

Magus
Clearly Inno has determined that players are currently holding much bigger stocks of Coin Rains than they want people to have. Coins are the next resource that they are finding a way to make scarce again. In order to do this they must kill off those inventory supplies.

So they use FA as a way to try to deplete those stocks. Problem is, it will only work for a certain percentage of the populous, and it isn't going to help with the collective diminishing enthusiasm for Fellowship Adventures. I, for one, am virtually done with them if they are just going to treat them as ways to deplete a certain targeted resource every month, without even doing anything to make the rewards more palatable.

Kwiver

Seeker
I sadly have to concur with the last two posters - it's one thing to make changes without getting player feedback (which is already silly/dangerous), however it shows a disgusting lack of appreciation for players and the time they invest to not even bother mentioning the changes in advance - or at all. The growing disinterest becomes mutual quite quickly...

balloo

Adventurer
ok INNO..you have killed the FA...who wants to play and compete in a game that you can never finish..yes, its just a game..but is it...so many of us play to compete and have fun...and this game means a lot to us..not only for the friends we have made, but for the fun of playing. We all look forward to the FA, getting finished, getting in the top 10...achieving the goals......so WELL DONE...you have killed it stone dead, and as for the final rewards....LOLOLOLOLOL....beyond anyones reach now.......WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP.....and congrats to whoever decided that Elvenor should hit the dust......

owl76

Bard

Guards are not easy for all. No one in my FS has a D222-z "Simia Sapiens", as none of us have got that far yet. Also, nearly no one has a brown bear. I expect with those that the Guard badges become really easy. Otherwise you are left using a lot of time boosts.