• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion July 2022 Fellowship Adventure - Feedback

Sir Derf

Adept
As I just posted in a different thread, I have generally found that at the end of FAs, I have many unused Sack badges. I'm guessing in the 60-70-80 range. In my analysis of efficient paths and waypoints in the previous version of the FA, I completely ignonred Sack badges, they were so plentiful. I've long felt that this was a badge that needed rebalancing. I don't know if 4x is too much, but I'm more surprised that they hadn't done something with this badge sooner than that the did this now.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
Before this change I've always ended up with way more coin badges than I could use. We'll see how it works out this time.

Jake65

Sage
Has anyone else noticed that the amount of goods need for bracelets has also gone up? It use t be 44k for chapter 15 now it's 67k
It's crazy!! I've got 6 level27 marbles, with MM spells on them I have to run 2x 3hour productions to get one badge.
Coins now are 40% of my main hall capacity. 41M capacity, 17M for the badge.
The trader is going to collapse under the weight of all the coins I'm going to have to throw at him (her?)

Hekata

Artisan
As to the sacks, I've played the game, and I've always found that I had tons of sacks left over at the end of FAs. When I did my analysis for determining the most efficient paths and waypoints in the earlier formulation of the FA, Sacks of coins was one of the badges I completely ignored in my computations. I don't know if 4x is the right multiplier, but in my opinion, that was a badge that was in need of some serious rebalancing.
That might be because your FS isn't competing for top spots. When you just go for 1 path, or even to just complete the maps, it's not that hard to get enough of any badge. Once you go beyond 60k points a lot of badges start to become a problem.

foolfighter

Alchemist
As I just posted in a different thread, I have generally found that at the end of FAs, I have many unused Sack badges. I'm guessing in the 60-70-80 range. In my analysis of efficient paths and waypoints in the previous version of the FA, I completely ignonred Sack badges, they were so plentiful. I've long felt that this was a badge that needed rebalancing. I don't know if 4x is too much, but I'm more surprised that they hadn't done something with this badge sooner than that the did this now.
Yes we always ended up with a surplus, but generally less than double what we needed. To make what we need now 4 times as much is overkill, it is going to cause problems. This is going to prevent a lot of FS frrom getting into the Pit.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm in Chapter 17 (sooooo close to finishing) and with a Level 38 Main Hall (did I mention I was sooooo close to finishing, for which the final Research if Main Hall 39) I get 129k Gold per NH. I have 383 Neighbors and Fellows. A full round of NH thus gathers 129k * 383 = 49.4M of Coins, which by current levels of about 23.5M / Sack means I gather about 2.1 sacks a day from full NH, or about 12.5 over the FA. Yes, this will be harder.

foolfighter

Alchemist
We operate a spreadsheet for our FA so I have the stats to hand. So far 9 of my FS have opened the FA and collected badges. We have collected 1058 badges so far of which 1 is a Sack of coins !!

foolfighter

Alchemist
I'm in Chapter 17 (sooooo close to finishing) and with a Level 38 Main Hall (did I mention I was sooooo close to finishing, for which the final Research if Main Hall 39) I get 129k Gold per NH. I have 383 Neighbors and Fellows. A full round of NH thus gathers 129k * 383 = 49.4M of Coins, which by current levels of about 23.5M / Sack means I gather about 2.1 sacks a day from full NH, or about 12.5 over the FA. Yes, this will be harder.
If all 25 of your FS do that then you'll have around 312 Sacks of coins. (and not all of us have that many neighbours to visit). And if all 25 of you get half a sack of coins a day from your own residences, that would be another 75 Sacks, so 387 in total. As all three routes on all three maps takes 360 you'll barely be able to do that let alone do much in the Pit.

Sir Derf

Adept
Well, my FA only strives for 1 path per Map on 3 Maps, so I think we're better off than that. And we'll basically get the same rewards.

Sir Derf

Adept
For all those who are panicking, Blue-Blue-Blue has the lowest Sack cost, requiring only 70 Sacks.
Given the balance of badges, my Fellowship goes for Green-Green-Green, which requires 116 Sacks.

Sir Derf

Adept
Hey INNO, I'll gladly slip a few of these unannounced more expensive Sacks of Coins off the back of my Ox-cart as I roll past your HQ if you'll implement an unannounced change to the timer on the top of the Fellowship Adventure Map screen, so that it doesn't display in days rounded down, but scales like all the other timers everywhere else in Elvenar.

Just sayin'...

foolfighter

Alchemist
For all those who are panicking, Blue-Blue-Blue has the lowest Sack cost, requiring only 70 Sacks.
Given the balance of badges, my Fellowship goes for Green-Green-Green, which requires 116 Sacks.
You miss my point. I accept that the way you play the FA the new rules will make it harder but not impossible to finish and gain all the prizes. But for those that are more highly competetive, striving for higher ranking in the FA and regard the Pit as the main part of the game (which requires getting all routes on all maps), then it's probably not going to happen much in this FA.

If this is deliberate it would have been nice to be told about it beforehand. I also think that bracelets are taking more resources than usual - my factories are 2 levels higher this time but it's taking several rounds of collections even with MMs on to get 1 bracelet.

Jake65

Sage
You miss my point. I accept that the way you play the FA the new rules will make it harder but not impossible to finish and gain all the prizes. But for those that are more highly competetive, striving for higher ranking in the FA and regard the Pit as the main part of the game (which requires getting all routes on all maps), then it's probably not going to happen much in this FA.
Agreed. I think that excluding players that buy FA badge packs the top rank FSs will be those with the most timers and coin instants.

magrat101

Seeker
Just took 20 minutes making 7 coins badges on a PC. A little bit quicker on a tablet because the neighbour visits go faster. How many players have that much time to spend on one kind of badge?

Jake65

Sage
Just took 20 minutes making 7 coins badges on a PC. A little bit quicker on a tablet because the neighbour visits go faster. How many players have that much time to spend on one kind of badge?
Wow, that's pretty good I think. I need to visit roughly 250 neighbours to get a badge. I haven't got that many neighbours to visit though.