• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

January Competition Time!!

Sir Derf

Adept
Rightyho... allow me to define this right down to the simple of simples.... :)

Similar to Cluedo...
If the game of Cluedo were played in only a single round. By English Majors. Oh, and you had no cards dealt to you in the first place. I think you're playing the game wrong...

Meema

Seeker
Hi silmaril, I just entered my January quest but not sure it went through or not, can you plz tell did I enter into quest Thanks

Stucon

Illusionist
Hi @Stucon we'll certainly take your feedback on board for future Competitions however I must say, we've already had some sterling entries from our players!! If you don't give it a go, you've a 0% chance of winning anything!
Hope you have had at least 75 good answers. It'll give you a 1 in 2 chance of getting a someone to give the Inn to.
I will just add person, place and weapon and keep my intellectual efforts for something worthwhile.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Meema I can confirm you're entry has been received! Love your work! :)

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hope you have had at least 75 good answers. It'll give you a 1 in 2 chance of getting someone to give the Inn to.
I will add a person, place, and weapon and keep my intellectual efforts for something worthwhile.

When there is a bigger prize, there is a bigger challenge. We are looking for awesome and interesting stories, and we value that very much. However, with such a grand prize we have, we needed to take it up a notch :)

Too bad, you didn't want to share a good story. Remember that there are a lot of diamond prizes, and good stories will count here!

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I am biased. My most favorite competition so far was the one where we had to guess the buildings. In spite of multiple correct answers to the competition, there was only one correct entry. Now that would have been worth a gravity inn!

m4rt1n

Adept
The same as any competition, if the answer was glaringly obvious, where would the fun of it be?
Also the reason we are able to offer this coveted building, which is the rarest in Elvenar!!! as the first prize due to the involvement needed.
If you do not know about this very special building, please check out our Gravity Inn-troduction from when we launched this beauty!

Hi @Silmaril your link doesn't seem to be working.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
@Herodite said we could ask questions if we don’t understand something. I don’t understand the following: ‘he is no sea worm’. I have even googled it and I get no sensible explanation.

Sir Derf

Adept
@Herodite said we could ask questions if we don’t understand something. I don’t understand the following: ‘he is no sea worm’. I have even googled it and I get no sensible explanation.
Seems pretty self-explanatory. You know those worm things, that live in the sea? We call them sea worms? He's not one.

Spellcaster
Con someone confirm my entry went through please? I got likes on the post so im guessing something went wrong.

Moaners on these forums are getting irritating. This thing doesnt cater to me in every way possible? Better complain to people doing something nice, how dare they not consider me specifically. If you think of a short story as too mentally taxing then dont bother. Better conserve that mental energy for the important things like breathing and digesting food.

Stucon

Illusionist
Moaners on these forums are getting irritating. This thing doesnt cater to me in every way possible? Better complain to people doing something nice, how dare they not consider me specifically. If you think of a short story as too mentally taxing then dont bother. Better conserve that mental energy for the important things like breathing and digesting food.
If this is aimed at me you have it quite wrong. I teach creative writing and write shot plays used by professional actors. This, "cater{s} to me in every way possible ... ". It is my opinion that the probability of winning is not worth the effort.

Gargon667

Mentor
If this is aimed at me you have it quite wrong. I teach creative writing and write shot plays used by professional actors. This, "cater{s} to me in every way possible ... ". It is my opinion that the probability of winning is not worth the effort.

That may be the problem with you being a professional: If you only write when you get paid for it, it sure is a bad deal. But I suppose some people like writing just for the sake of writing, in which case it is a great deal :D

Gargon667

Mentor
Now just to clarify, whilst there is a Winning Combination, this is a purely (pre selected) random combo, as your choices should be. Give it a whirl!!

Just wondering how this works out with your otherwise stated "no gambling" policy? Is it because I have to offer nothing (but my time) to enter? But then again most things I could offer to get in are gained by spending nothing but my time...

Stucon

Illusionist
That may be the problem with you being a professional: If you only write when you get paid for it, it sure is a bad deal. But I suppose some people like writing just for the sake of writing, in which case it is a great deal
I don't see why you have taken such offense at my opinion that the reward is not worth the reward.
Just a note, the last 'paid' work I did was 3 short plays for a newly created theatre group in the summer of 2020. I charged them a nominal £3 as I did it to support a new venture.
By all means disagree with me but don't there is no need to be unpleasant.