• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Jan 2021 New Carnival Event- Beta Server

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new event just started in the Beta Server - more information to follow shortly.

You are welcome to share this file with friends and fellowship:
https://tinyurl.com/yxa5plsb
More information will be added as the day progresses.

141736718_10218491759465885_1462091607468588742_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman
142731812_10218506777521327_2892484154223895859_o.jpg

I need some help with this one - still working out how these work!
  • There are always nine different Rotating Chests in previous events - each with their own percentage chance of winning the Daily Exclusive and various other prizes - but this time it is complicated by the way that different chapters get different prizes for some of the items.
  • The number of Orcs is chapter related
  • Cities that have not unlocked Sentients Goods appear to get unboosted Tier Three. It looks like it is the one on the right of your boost - to be confirmed. (My small city has boosted Dust and gets Gems)
  • The Tier Two goods in this example are unboosted and appear to be the one on the left of your boost - to be confirmed
  • Cities that have not unlocked Orcs will presumably get either goods or supplies - to be confirmed
  • There are two biscuit brown chests and two green chests. I wonder if this is intended or an error?
  • Please feel free to share any corrections / additions!
  • I am wondering if cities above XII with get T5 and T6?

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Personally I find the answer to most these questions irrelevant. I doesn't really matter if you get boosted or boosted + 1. Who wants goods in their event chests anyway? But if they do insist on giving us goods during events then a somewhat better option would be to get sentient good instants and seed instants. These are decaying goods so having the option to store some for those moments/techs/chapters when you need a lot might be useful.

There are two biscuit brown chests and two green chests. I wonder if this is intended or an error?
This is weird. There are also 2 light blue chests, and no traditional red and purple chests. It's probably an error unless it's their plan to confuse us by having different value chests in the same colour. Personally once I know what the best chest for me are just look for the colour rather than the number so this would be a bit annoying.

Gargon667

Mentor
142731812_10218506777521327_2892484154223895859_o.jpg

I need some help with this one - still working out how these work!
  • There are always nine different Rotating Chests in previous events - each with their own percentage chance of winning the Daily Exclusive and various other prizes - but this time it is complicated by the way that different chapters get different prizes for some of the items.
  • The number of Orcs is chapter related
  • Cities that have not unlocked Sentients Goods appear to get unboosted Tier Three. It looks like it is the one on the right of your boost - to be confirmed. (My small city has boosted Dust and gets Gems)
  • The Tier Two goods in this example are unboosted and appear to be the one on the left of your boost - to be confirmed
  • Cities that have not unlocked Orcs will presumably get either goods or supplies - to be confirmed
  • There are two biscuit brown chests and two green chests. I wonder if this is intended or an error?
  • Please feel free to share any corrections / additions!
  • I am wondering if cities above XII with get T5 and T6?

YAY chests! Makes it for me automatically the better event compared to last one :D (Yes I had a peak at the values, before saying that lol)

I am pretty sure that the double images of some chests must be an error, I hope they´ll fix it before it goes live.

Not a fan of goods myself, but as unwanted "filler prizes" go better than relics I suppose for the majority of people. Of course this highly depends on the quantities one gets in the respective chapter, which can make the prize entirely pointless or super awesome.

m4rt1n

Adept
Finally an evolving building seeds, even the ch17 culture options is still Mana, obviously the devs do not play the game beyond about ch 10.

Stucon

Illusionist
I am glad to see the chests back. At least there is a reasonable chance of getting what I need.

Deleted User - 1655881

Usually about two weeks after beta. Don’t expect any announcement until the day it starts.
Excellent! A new event to look forward to! More gorgeous buildings... I personally don’t really care what quests I have to do or what additional rewards I get, all a bonus as far as I’m concerned... I just love the originality of the new buildings involved :-D

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh you're gonna love it @Gargon667... Awful chance of picking up dailies, but lots of troop instants to sniff out.

I would bet the dailies are awful anyway, so the lower the chance to get that nonsense the happier I am :D Unless we can get troop instant dailies in which case I wouldn´t care if I get them from a daily or from the chest reward. I heard the new evolver makes seeds? Anoter thing I really don´t need. So troop instants are the absolute only thing of interest in this event. I am guessing I get more than the pitiful amount from last event, which got me pretty close to not bothering picking up the quests anymore at all. Last event sure wan´t worth all the clicking, if same thing happens again this time with my preferred event type with chests, I sure am out of it until there is anything of interest in an event. Well I will play the next Phoenix event if they give us old artifacts, still want to build those 2 FA birdies :) No luck with artifacts in the spire so far... I need a total of 12 more artifacts :D

Gargon667

Mentor
I NEED SEEDS!

Lucky you, wish I had problems that were that easy to solve :D In this case the event will actually be useful for you :) There always is a seed building in the dailies, just get 10-20 of them and your problem is solved, if not craft merchants. The only time i needed seeds was in chapter 15, I ran 8 sentient factories and had I think 20 golden palaces and 10-15 Festival merchants for the 2 month of that chapter. Outside that chapter seeds have been a freebie resource in the spire :)

Deleted User - 341074

@Gargon667 @Pauly7
You two each have cities that generally have no interest in daily buildings prizes, right?

The problem with advanced cities combined with RR spells is that for anything new to be of interest it must by definition be more powerful than anything previously offered, which arguably means overpowered, and that kind of power creep is dangerous for game balancing.

So, I had an idea not yet fully formed about a new event offering:
We already have 5-day Needles of the Tempest, Dragon Abbey, and Sanctuary in the ELR, MMM, and UUU but what about the rest?
Mini versions of most wonders could be made:
an ETC that makes your MM spells more powerful and/or pumps out a lot of seeds
A Maze that pumps out mana and/or reduces mana decay
Etc.

The key is that by offering 5-day expiring buildings they can be made powerful enough that players would actually want them without ruining the game balance or inflicting more power creep.

The enhancement to strategy is potentially fantastic.
For example, I'm at a stage where I've decided to add a couple of factories from zero to max, and that will cost a few hundred thousand seeds more than usual so some "throw-away" seed producers and/or some that reduce seed decay would be excellent.

Likewise, when working on a MH upgrade or some costly techs you could toss down some Mini Mazes for a little mana boost/decay reduction.

Adding in VS, and HF minis could actually make melee much more useful in fights too, breaking the "Range>Everything Else" in current combat.
(this would be harder to balance than the rest, but that can be handled)

Even the 3h troop production mechanic from wonders could be used. As long as it makes more troops than an instant at the cost of taking up space for 5 days and requiring interaction via 3h collects, I think it would be a desirable alternative prize.

Well, I think you can see where the idea is going, so do you think it worth pursuing, and fleshing out? I don't want to waste the time if it's not something that players would find enticing as a prize option.
Note to moderators: I'm aware that there is an ideas and suggestions forum where this might be more appropriate, but the idea isn't ready yet and in my experience ideas that aren't well thought out when first presented die without the possibility of resurrection. First impressions and all that.