• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

It's quiet...too quiet.

SkyRider99

Mentor
It may be just me, but the forum postings seem to have tailed off lately. Now that the holiday season is over things might pick up a bit. Hopefully.

Perhaps the game could pop up an invitation-to-forum window occasionally when players login?

Cheryn

Bard
Inno has gone to their max to make sure we cannot play forward in a fun, somewhat challenging and advancing game. They want us to be STUCK! They want us FROZEN. My question is, for how long and WHERE and WHY do they pick these points? I personally don't want to give my game up, but I've come to a point where I can't move, can't upgrade, can't get an EXPANSION to save my life, I think I'm done. I'm tired of the ridiculous math I'm forced to perform, I'm tired of trying to keep balances PERIOD! Nothing gets numerically easier or better, no matter what you craft or how you train! Maybe in the slightest margins....but who cares about slight? Nothing comes up in MA that you NEED, you don't even win what you NEED in spire, and it's becomes a whirlpool sucking me down. I'm so close, I can't stand myself because I know people who have played for over 7 YEARS!! OMG! If I was making progress, hey, I'd keep playing! But when there is nothing I can do, but collect and play tournament with a bunch of people who are so fat and happy that 10 chests makes their day....I should call it a good year, I think. I am generally not a quitter, even when the worst is ahead of me. But this game isn't for people who face adversity everyday. Uphill is hard for everyone and this game has brought me to the conclusion that I am an ant pushing a rubber tree plant up a hill, in the desert, with no muscle, in bare feet, and don't even know why or what's on the other side of the hill.:eek: Maybe that's why they are quiet? Don't want to whine?

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@SkyRider99 I always find that the Forum becomes less active during events and Fellowship Adventures!! :)

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
It may be just me, but the forum postings seem to have tailed off lately. Now that the holiday season is over things might pick up a bit. Hopefully.

Perhaps the game could pop up an invitation-to-forum window occasionally when players login?
Many writers have gone from this forum, that´s why.

Killiak

Artisan
I stopped posting here because I felt it was inconsequential.
Inno only rarely changes what they built/made, and if they do change something it is very very small.

This post by Marindor showcases this perfectly. A lot of the upcoming changes are set in stone, everything is planned and implementing player-suggested changes is near impossible. Also take a good look at how the CM's filter out ideas.

So what is the point of giving feedback to changes here? Zero.

Pauly7

Magus
If you want an increase in forum activity what you need is for Inno to make some dramatic change that everyone hates. That brings everyone here. So if it's a bit quieter maybe that could be a good thing?

When I saw the thread title I was thinking of Roobarb and Custard... Was anyone else on my level there?

SkyRider99

Mentor
Uphill is hard for everyone and this game has brought me to the conclusion that I am an ant pushing a rubber tree plant up a hill, in the desert, with no muscle, in bare feet, and don't even know why or what's on the other side of the hill.
I can certainly empathise with that @Cheryn. I am in Ch XIX and have had to put a lot of things on hold. But I have a great bunch of fellows in our fellowship and we just find other ways to keep entertained. I could offer a couple of ideas, but I don't want to come across as patronising. You are obviously an experienced player. :cool:
Maybe have a look at a different way of engaging with the game and activities. The thrill of discovery may be on the other side of that hill. Unfortunately even diamonds cannot buy you shoes AFAIK. :D

I stopped posting here because I felt it was inconsequential.
Please start posting again in that case @Killiak. Our collective discussions cannot be expected to markedly influence the game. But our comments are read by the moderators, and our thoughts and ideas are put forward for consideration. It's complicated :)
I am reasonably sure that I'm not alone when I say that reading posts like yours is an interesting and rewarding past-time. I think that the forum is more about the community spirit, and is not really a vehicle for influencing the game devs. But it does happen on the odd occasion ;)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@SkyRider99 : Your Forum join date says 8th January 2021... were you reading this Forum before you joined it, or does your baseline for comparison start at around that date? I'm asking because if you didn't read the Forums until about a year ago (as per your join date), you'd already missed the days when there were maybe four or five times more posters, both regular and occasional - and that's a conservative estimate (I never thought to actually count them all, so no hard data - sorry). The reason why it becomes obvious when only a few people post, these days, is because there are now so few regular (and occasional) posters to start with, compared with (for example) the US Forum - whereas a year or more ago, the much larger base number of posters on this Forum made it far less noticeable when what actually amounts to only five or six people temporarily stop[ped] posting. The good news, of course, is that those posters will be back... well, probably (since I'm not a prophet!) :)

SkyRider99

Mentor
Your Forum join date says 8th January 2021... were you reading this Forum before you joined it
Although I have been playing for a few years, I didn't have time for extra activities such as the forum. My comments and postings are certainly based upon only one year of forum exposure. It is good to have members such as yourself to provide some historical perspective. Times change :cool:

Gargon667

Mentor
But when there is nothing I can do, but collect and play tournament with a bunch of people who are so fat and happy that 10 chests makes their day....I should call it a good year, I think. I am generally not a quitter, even when the worst is ahead of me.

An active player shouldn´t have trouble finding a more ambitious FS than that. Aiming for higher goals would also mean you have people around you that play faster and therefore will be able to help you get through the difficulties you have, honestly there isn´t much in terms of blockages until you reach chapter 15. The first 14 chapters can all be played in 2-4 weeks each if you want to. 15 is a transition chapter and after that it´s one permanent constipation...

Cheryn

Bard
An active player shouldn´t have trouble finding a more ambitious FS than that. Aiming for higher goals would also mean you have people around you that play faster and therefore will be able to help you get through the difficulties you have, honestly there isn´t much in terms of blockages until you reach chapter 15. The first 14 chapters can all be played in 2-4 weeks each if you want to. 15 is a transition chapter and after that it´s one permanent constipation...

Interesting advice on blockages. I don't play with MONEY, and I do play daily and often. I know I made a least one or two serious mistakes, just not exactly sure where. So as previously suggested (not by you, I'm thinking) ....I'm just WAITING for the dam to burst and the goblins to die.

Gargon667

Mentor
Interesting advice on blockages. I don't play with MONEY, and I do play daily and often. I know I made a least one or two serious mistakes, just not exactly sure where. So as previously suggested (not by you, I'm thinking) ....I'm just WAITING for the dam to burst and the goblins to die.
No need to spend money in this game for anything, unless you want to catch up with ranking scores top 1 quickly lol.