• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Is there a way to trade with a specific player or members of your Fellowship only?

DeletedUser7653

I am a new player and would like to set up a trade with either a specific player or any member of my Fellowship. Is there a way I can prevent any other player seeing this trade?

I know I can set a filter on trades to show only those my fellows have set up, but these trades are also accessible by any other player in our fellowship or not (am I right on this?).

I know I can set up a ridiculously disadvantageous trade, but that can be seen by anyone and could lead to me getting a bad rep with players it was not intended for and my current game strategy rather depends on my maintaining a good rep for fair and honest trades and vice versa, if my trading partner sets up such a trade.

Pauly7

Magus
No at the moment it isn't possible. Your trades will still be visible to anyone who has you in their discovered area.

DeletedUser7653

Thanks Pauly7. That is what I thought. We will have try it with really disadvantageous trades and hope that nobody grabs them. :)

DeletedUser5976

If your trading partner is online, you can make a deal in the chat and they can pick it up fast. That works most of the time. Otherwise it is indeed poor trades that no one else will touch.

DeletedUser7653

@LadyHavva
Thanks very much for your reply.

This is pretty much as I thought.

I'm not sure how much specific trading goes on but maybe I should add a suggestion to add this function.

DeletedUser3366

In a boosted world, unfair trading is fair. The initial paradigm we learn in the game is that 1 wood == 1 marble == 1 steel. That is not true. The price of what you sell should vary whith the boost you and your trade partner have for producing the goods you want to trade.

examples:
You have steel and he have marble, both of you have 30% boost.
If you post a trade offering 120 steel for 100 marble other players will snap it up - But You would still have made a profit selling your steel at that price.
But if HE post a trade offering 100 marble and demanding 120 steel then most other players will not touch it. The offer will stay until you take it as you agreed.
The profit now goes to both of you. All players understand the basic 1=1=1 so others will tend to ignore the offer as unfair
Later when you need marble you post an equally unfair offer of 100 steel for 120 marble, both of you profit (again) and if someone else is desperate enough to 'steal' the unfair offer then you can just post it again.

The end result is that BOTH of you should make more of what you are good at making, and less of what you are not good at making. And the trade offers should be made by the player who is not good at the goods he want. It is called "Focus on you core competences" in business language ;-))

The unfair price depends on the player taking the trade making as surplus of what he is good at. And Elvenar complicate that further by making some goods more rare than others, it seems very few people on my server have boosted potions or scrolls. This may be different on other servers. you will need to do the math and find out what is the rare goods on your server.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

it seems very few people on my server have boosted potions or scrolls.
The goods are ordered the same way on all servers. It just may be that people with certain goods around you go inactive and that gives the impression of a shortage of certain goods. I guess in theory it is possible that in this way certain goods become rarer on certain servers.

DeletedUser3366

Thank you. I have studied the bosts on hundreds of cities around where my city was when I started and found that some bosts were decidedly rare while other were very common (eg wood).
I have not been that thorough in my current location but going by my explored area the pattern seems to be pretty much the same (here gems are common, but dust and potions are rarer)