• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Is there a server-wide scroll shortage in Felyndral?

Vesper Flash

Dreamer
Hi,

I just wanted to throw this out there to see if other players in Felyndral (en server) are having the same issue. For several weeks now, I've been finding it very difficult to get hold of scrolls, either from players on my map or others in my fellowship. Several players in my fellowship have said that they also have a problem getting scrolls. The trader tells the same story - never any scroll offers when you search there, and trades asking for scrolls are seldom accepted unless they are 3 star. You can imagine the difficulties this leads to in tournaments, the spire, or even just ordinary building upgrades. I did manage to reach an agreement with one player on my map who had a scroll boost, but have since been moved on the map. I put up my trades as usual in my new position, and unsurprisingly all my trades were taken - except the one asking for scrolls. This issue is impacting the entire fellowship, and several parts of the map too, so I'm wondering whether there's a server-wide shortage of scrolls, and if so, what players can do about this.

Thanks,
Vesper.

kimkimkim

Summoner
There's definitely not a server wide shortage of scrolls, unfortunately you must be in an area where there are not a lot of players offering them or they simply are hoarding them.....I would just try to reach out to some active neighbors (check elvenstats to see if they are active) and keep doing what you're doing, make agreements with them.....hopefully you'll get some soon, if not, start inching your city towards me and I'll give you a bunch ;)

SkyRider99

Mentor
I see ebbs and flows in most of the goods in the Trader. Sometimes a lot of scrolls for example, and then there is a drought. Just now my Trader shows a lot of trades asking for scrolls, but there is a lot that are cross-trades so the exchange rate is not great.

My Ascended Goods have been slow lately as well. I guess it depends on the time of day/week/year and how many players are keeping active with their (fair) trades.

Vesper Flash

Dreamer
Thanks for your responses, so it seems that the shortage is just local. I've found you on the map, kimkimkim, but unfortunately you're out of reach for the time being (but not impossibly out of reach, it will just take a long time to get there). I also find neighbourly help useful for seeing who is active, obviously anyone who returns the help is there. I messaged a few of my neighbours with scroll boosts, and one player has thankfully reached out to me in game after seeing my original post on here - though I still have a few weeks' worth of provinces to clear before I can reach them. Thanks for your point as well SkyRider, I'll keep watching the trader and see if the scrolls appear.

rock stream

Scholar
As a scroll producer I would say there is a shortage of scrolls/high demand for tier 2 goods. Tier 1 appears balanced. Tier 3 appears to have lower demand.
This is based on our fellowship and my map (ring 15) trading group.
After the adjustment to scroll supply about a year ago, I've increased my manufactures from 2 to 4.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I think this has to do with the tweaking of Moonstone Libs. Before, you could get multiple Moonstone sets but everyone's Moonstone library and Endless Scroll piece made scrolls. The higher chapter Moonstone sets made an obscene amount of scrolls. They flooded the market with scrolls and it trickled down so nobody could get rid of theirs if they were scroll boosted. To make it even worse, scroll boosted players would have to discount their wares to move it, which exacerbated the issue even more. I know because I am scroll boosted. They sat and sat and sat. The only people that took my scroll were my big FS mates who took pity, but one of them was sitting on 11M scrolls even though she wasn't a scroll boosted player! I built a BTG and leveled it up to buy a lot of unboosted from wholesale as well as to give her a break. And so, a lot of scroll players got frustrated and quit! Now we have a scroll deficit so people like me who endured the hard times get to finally kick back. We don't have to be beggars anymore. We get to be pickers since there are plenty of people requesting scrolls now. Also, 2 of the 3 scroll boosted combos includes steel for their T1 boost. That has a ripple effect as well when it gets to Sentients. For example, there are now less steel and less tree gum since tree gum boosts are for are steel boosted players. They have since made Moonstone T2+1 so we have to wait for that to ripple back out.

Vesper Flash

Dreamer
I've been looking at the trader recently and can see that the scroll shortage applies to several areas of the map - most of my fellowship members are now asking for scrolls and these trades have stood for some time despite all being fair. I thought Schadenfreude's post was interesting - my Moonstone Library used to produce scrolls but a while ago this was changed to marble/crystals. If some players were able to make scrolls in huge quantities I suppose it's still possible they could be hoarding them, even this long after the changes to the Moonstone Library. Since a lot of scroll boosted players quit, this could explain why I'm getting no response from scroll boosted cities nearby. With time I'll be able to solve the problem within the fellowship (as scroll-boosted members grow) and by upgrading the Blooming Trader Guild. I'll also inch towards the players who have offered to help on the map, but this will also take time. Thanks again for all the help and positive responses to my original post.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I've been looking at the trader recently and can see that the scroll shortage applies to several areas of the map - most of my fellowship members are now asking for scrolls and these trades have stood for some time despite all being fair. I thought Schadenfreude's post was interesting - my Moonstone Library used to produce scrolls but a while ago this was changed to marble/crystals. If some players were able to make scrolls in huge quantities I suppose it's still possible they could be hoarding them, even this long after the changes to the Moonstone Library. Since a lot of scroll boosted players quit, this could explain why I'm getting no response from scroll boosted cities nearby. With time I'll be able to solve the problem within the fellowship (as scroll-boosted members grow) and by upgrading the Blooming Trader Guild. I'll also inch towards the players who have offered to help on the map, but this will also take time. Thanks again for all the help and positive responses to my original post.
this is all true.......a scroll boosted player who was fortunate enough to receive many, many moonstone library sets that were producing scrolls in abundance felt there was no need to build any scroll factories....and now that Inno changed what the moonstone library makes, those scroll boosted players are not gonna give up their scrolls that easy because then they would have to now build scroll factories to make more......and we all know that lack of space in one's city is always an issue

p.s. I speak from experience but I am willing to give up my scrolls as I have no problems getting more

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I only see the announcement for when they updated the Sentients on Moonstones, which was Dec 2021, but the T2 changes happened before that. I see someone say it was introduced in Beta in Sept 2021. So sometime between Sept and Dec last year was when we got the T2 adjustment. Hasn't rippled out for a year yet.