• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Is my event over?

Oscar Park

Adventurer
How to get 10 encounters? Hmm? Well all my provinces need Orcs, which I haven't got, I can't fight them cos I'm a rubbish fighter and have nowhere near the troops anyway. So is that it for me?

DeletedUser3097

Yet another (cold) SNAP, m4rt1n! Just thought I'd let you s'know... :)

DeletedUser7653

How to get 10 encounters? Hmm? Well all my provinces need Orcs, which I haven't got, I can't fight them cos I'm a rubbish fighter and have nowhere near the troops anyway. So is that it for me?
This is interesting. I am still n Chapter III so I have not yet encountered other races, but this sounds like you are not presented with the negotiation option in your encounters.

I am following a non-combat strategy. This has worked very well; stumbling in the Halloween event because I could not make enough troops in time is my only failure, so far. I produce only my Boosted Goods and am able to trade consistently for the other Goods I need to negotiate encounters. If there come a point where combat is the only option in encounters I will be very disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
This is interesting. I am still n Chapter III so I have not yet encountered other races, but this sounds like you are not presented with the negotiation option in your encounters.

I am following a non-combat strategy. This has worked very well; stumbling in the Halloween event because I cold not mae enough troops in time is my only failure so far. I produce only my Boosted Goods and am able to trade consistently for the other Goods I need to negotiate encounters. If there come a point where combat is the only option in encounters I will be very disappointed.

You can always negotiate encounters, but after a certain amount they require Orcs as well as goods and these are produced in Armories, from the Orcs and Goblins chapter onwards. If you require them before reaching that chapter like @oscar park has then you can become stuck for a while unable to negotiate without paying diamonds.

DeletedUser7653

You can always negotiate encounters, but after a certain amount they require Orcs as well as goods and these are produced in Armories, from the Orcs and Goblins chapter onwards. If you require them before reaching that chapter like @oscar park has then you can become stuck for a while unable to negotiate without paying diamonds.
It is interesting but, after some thought, not surprising, that something can be required before being available.

Deleted User - 1634960

If you are careful with your expansion on the World Map, it is not difficult to get past the Research needed to produce Orcs well before you are required to negotiate with them in Encounters. It can be slow, but not difficult. ;)

DeletedUser5976

that something can be required before being available.

If you keep yourself to the number of provinces needed to unlock the next chapter then nothing is required before being available. However as space is a valuable resource in Elvenar, it is tempting (and a viable option) to keep on scouting and unlocking provinces for more expansions. So the developers introduced a little difficulty there to pace people.

DeletedUser7653

If you keep yourself to the number of provinces needed to unlock the next chapter then nothing is required before being available. However as space is a valuable resource in Elvenar, it is tempting (and a viable option) to keep on scouting and unlocking provinces for more expansions. So the developers introduced a little difficulty there to pace people.
Ahh, thank you. That makes sense now. I have been getting slightly ahead of myself with scouting, but managing to fulfil the requirements so far. So I shall slow den a bit now.

DeletedUser5976

The orcs are required in the 11th ring around your city. A little overscouting won't hurt. I have just entered Orcs and have overscouted so far that I could unlock the chest for Woodelves already (had I done the research of course) and still don't need Orcs to cater new provinces. By the time I do (soon), I should have started Orc production. So as you can see, some overscouting (even a whole chapter ahead) is no problem. Severe overscouting can become a problem.