• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Is mana needed after the Amuni chapter?

Alwina

Seeker
Looks like you do not need much mana after the Amuni chapter. Should i sell all the mana buildings or kee p some?

Pauly7

Magus
You always need mana, but once you're far enough to have your Dragon Abbey up to a good level then that can mean you're able to do without most other mana producing buildings.

Gargon667

Mentor
Looks like you do not need much mana after the Amuni chapter. Should i sell all the mana buildings or kee p some?

Depends on your play style as always: Constructs and Elvenar needs very little mana if you use PP spells, by the time you finish that chapter your mana buildings will be way out of date anyway, so most likely you will be fine deleting most (or all) of them. Just make sure you get new ones at a higher chapter, so you can deal with a new increase of mana needs in Chvapter 16 and onwards.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
With tournament changes, we are going to have a lot less spells due to not winning dozens of each in the 3rd, 4th round after #9, and a lot less relics to craft spells... Spire haters are going to suffer even more...

Gargon667

Mentor
With tournament changes, we are going to have a lot less spells due to not winning dozens of each in the 3rd, 4th round after #9, and a lot less relics to craft spells... Spire haters are going to suffer even more...

Less spells yes for sure, but how many less I don´t know... I currently use far less than I get, so we´ll see which way it ends up going. All I use on a regular basis is 1 PoP on each of my 2 WS each day, makes 14 per week. I will easily get that even in the new tourney. So all the extras I get can still be used to make up for higher demands...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Less spells yes for sure, but how many less I don´t know... I currently use far less than I get, so we´ll see which way it ends up going. All I use on a regular basis is 1 PoP on each of my 2 WS each day, makes 14 per week. I will easily get that even in the new tourney. So all the extras I get can still be used to make up for higher demands...

14 spells is not enough for most people to rely on the abbey.
14 Pop you need 14 provinces and a 10 chest fellowship for that.

but 14 is also about the limit that most will be able to do.
the first 8 are easy but after that the difficulty ramps up very quickly on the new beta format.

So keep your mana producting buildings.

Gargon667

Mentor
14 spells is not enough for most people to rely on the abbey.
14 Pop you need 14 provinces and a 10 chest fellowship for that.

but 14 is also about the limit that most will be able to do.
the first 8 are easy but after that the difficulty ramps up very quickly on the new beta format.

So keep your mana producting buildings.

Sorry I don´t get your calculation at all? I mean I get 14 PoP from a tourney easily. 6 of them from province 1-9 (on day 1 and 3) then another 8 provinces on day 1.

No need for anything else, but yes of course Neighbour help will occasionally produce them and so do the extra chests in the tourney team rewards (one PoP every other chest from nr. 3). But those are on Top of what I thought, or well can replace them if one wants to do even less in the tourney...

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh you still need mana, you just haven't found the areas that use it, but you will.

Well there really isn´t all that much: Catering in the spire, Upgrading Constructs AWs and well making tea in the dwarven settlement. All 3 of them together is not really much. Maybe I forgot something?
The new tourney would add more of course, but I can´t say I hate the idea, finally something to do with all the mana that sits there decaying....

Pauly7

Magus
I keep all my culture buildings constantly polished to increase the coins for the Spire. Right now I struggle to break even with EE spells so in the future I will get less mana from the DA for sure. Whether or not it will still be enough - I don't know yet. At the moment my EE usage keeps my mana up to a certain saturation point where it decays as much as it accumulates. It sits at about 4m. If I'm using half the EEs then probably that saturation point may be half the amount, but that would still be OK.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Sorry I don´t get your calculation at all? I mean I get 14 PoP from a tourney easily. 6 of them from province 1-9 (on day 1 and 3) then another 8 provinces on day 1.

No need for anything else, but yes of course Neighbour help will occasionally produce them and so do the extra chests in the tourney team rewards (one PoP every other chest from nr. 3). But those are on Top of what I thought, or well can replace them if one wants to do even less in the tourney...

I missed the 3 extra round 3. so 17.

3 from province 1-9 on round 1
3 from province 1-9 round 3
5 from round 1 province 10-14
6 from 10 chests
------------
17 total.

Don;t forget that doing another "9" on round 1 might be undoable most players on current beta.
Provincie 16 for example the enemy is as difficult between the current 5th and 6th round. 143% of your SS. and your SS could be like 14000 at that stage

The new tournament changes are drastic and designed to make the star very easy, but also to limit your ability to do many provincies a lot.
This means you will have a much harder time to collect spells, which gives you less fuel for your abbey. so advising someone do destroy it all and live off your abbey might have been a sound advise on the current rules, but might not be good of an advise in the future. depending on how they handle the development of it before it goes live.

I hope it will stay away for a long time, the longer the better but we do know something is comming.

Pauly7

Magus
so advising someone do destroy it all and live off your abbey might have been a sound advise on the current rules, but might not be good of an advise in the future. depending on how they handle the development of it before it goes live.
You are right, of course. Best to wait and see. I think it will still always be a good idea to work on the DA, though, as it will give Mage attack power on top of the mana benefit.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
And you still are forgetting relics:

- Pet foods.
- AW Upgrades
- Combining Catalysis

And I guess some will craft other spells too.

We are going to generate far fewer relics than we do know. So ensure you have a few thousands of each, and max out all tournaments since this new format we are going to get dry of those.

Forget about 24/7 CC crafting, we won't be able to upkeep that neither, which means less crafting at the MA, less growth in KP, and AW, as well as fewer boosters, orc nests and other wonderful stuff from the MA.

Gargon667

Mentor
I missed the 3 extra round 3. so 17.

3 from province 1-9 on round 1
3 from province 1-9 round 3
5 from round 1 province 10-14
6 from 10 chests
------------
17 total.

Don;t forget that doing another "9" on round 1 might be undoable most players on current beta.
Provincie 16 for example the enemy is as difficult between the current 5th and 6th round. 143% of your SS. and your SS could be like 14000 at that stage

The new tournament changes are drastic and designed to make the star very easy, but also to limit your ability to do many provincies a lot.
This means you will have a much harder time to collect spells, which gives you less fuel for your abbey. so advising someone do destroy it all and live off your abbey might have been a sound advise on the current rules, but might not be good of an advise in the future. depending on how they handle the development of it before it goes live.

I hope it will stay away for a long time, the longer the better but we do know something is comming.

thanks for clearing that up, now I am with you :)

btw I think there are only 5 PoP in 10 chests, but that´s a minor issue, I think it more likely to do more provinces in round 1 than being in a 10 chest FS, but of course either works...

I don´t play beta so all my gueses come from reading about it and from what I got it was supposed to get difficult after province 20? and Impossible after 30? So I figured 18 for round 1 should be no biggie... but if we assume at least 2 or 3 from extra chests (and maybe 1 or 2 per week from neighbour help that would be enough PoP for WS purposes.

I agree that there will be much fewer spells in the future than there are right now. What I tried to say is I never use more than 14 on a standard basis I don´t actually ever use my Dragon Abbey for mana (other than these 14 PoP per week), apart from very rare circumstances... So I see no problem in the future for me. The only thing that can change that is if I start catering in tourneys. I assume I will place some mana buildings then... Or of course use more spells just for that (there should still be some EE and MM in the tourney for that).

But I don´t see what all this has directly to do with the discussion above. Someone asked if they should keep some pre-Amuni Mana buildings. I don´t think anyone should keep old mana buildings for too many chapters. By the time they need the mana buildings they will be horribly outdated, so I suggest to get rid of them now when you don´t need them and make sure to get newer ones later for when you actually need the mana. I still believe that. I never suggested to switch from mana buildings to Dragon Abbey (although I personally still think this will work for me)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
The only thing that can change that is if I start catering in tourneys. I assume I will place some mana buildings then... Or of course use more spells just for that (there should still be some EE and MM in the tourney for that).

Indeed, in fact, we need to prepare ourselves. I am only right to click "research" to Halflings but stalling. I know it is not much, but I hope for my level is good enough:

goods.JPG
orcs.JPG

I keep them more balanced, and nope, gems is NOT my boosted :p, NOPE, neither are crystals, I generate zero in fact (well, some at the new docs).

I hope its good enough, for the tournament, is a big screwup...

And I insist, don't forget the relics... those CCs will become scarce, and you need them even to open the MA (almost).

Hekata

Artisan
I don´t think anyone should keep old mana buildings for too many chapters. By the time they need the mana buildings they will be horribly outdated, so I suggest to get rid of them now when you don´t need them and make sure to get newer ones later for when you actually need the mana.
The problem is that new buildings give far less mana than the old ones. At least the ones we got in the last 3 events do. And I'm not even talking about the mega sets, just the regular dailies like the mana hut, or the autumn pond or the burning pool etc... I think the better option is to upgrade them if one has enough RR spells. Or at the very least teleport them back into inventory in case there are no better buildings when one needs lots of mana again.
Some construct/elvenar upgrades also require a lot of mana like the MH and the 2 AWs.