• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Invasions on Wonders

elvenprincess2

Alchemist
Can you consider stopping members of other FSs from stealing chests for upgrading our wonders. Every time, my own FS members contribute but then are kicked out by invaders from other FSs. This is very annoying and restricts our growth considerably

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @elvenprincess2 I can imagine this is frustrating for you and members of your FS however I don't believe there is a way to restrict other players outside of the FS from contributing to your AWs. Have you noticed if it's the same Neighbours that continue to Contribute? Is it a particular FS that keeps doing this?
They may be under the impression they are helping and most certainly wont be aware that you would prefer it only from FS Members.
I would maybe contact the Players concerned and advise them (Kindly) that whilst you appreciate the help, you're FS has a strict policy concerning AW Research.
If you have space, and they are without an FS, even go as far to invite them if you so wish :)
Let me know how you get on!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

elvenprincess2

Alchemist
Reasonable point but I think they are doing it to further their own Aws not to help others. I doubt if any request, however polite, will stop this and, yes, it is the same ones. They wait until the research is almost complete and then each of them put in more kp, ensuring it is enough to finish the research and so knock our own members out of the rewards and leave all the chests to them instead. How about bringing in a way to allow individual players to simply "block" them from our own cities instead if you cannot do a universal block to stop this annoying behaviour

Lelanya

Mentor
@elvenprincess2 I hear you and understand. Would your fellowship consider starting some kind of Ancient Wonder exchange point system? There are several kinds of systems, and they would discourage those who pursue these activities.
- You can make a mail exchange with 5, 10 and 20 point messages (or whatever suits).
- You can make a Wonder Club where everyone gives a set amount, until the Wonder is full and then move down the list.
- You can try the pile on Wonder system where someone tracks donations from others in the fellowship and each participant accrues points to determine who is next on the list.
- You can continue on the way that you have but ask for donations early, and then use your own instants to finish up the Wonders before they are swooped or sniped. You can also just add more points to each other's Wonders.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you. I should warn you that some other members of the Forum may post here and defend the system that they pursue, of building up instants at others' expense. When you get the answers you need, you may want to ask Support to close this thread.

Pauly7

Magus
Oh, it's been a little while since this last came up! :)

To try to give the polite version - If people donate KP to your Ancient Wonders, it isn't an invasion, it's a donation. You should be thanking them, if anything.

However, you may prefer to keep the chest rewards within your fellowship, as most of us do. In which case set up any one of the KP swapping systems that @Lelanya has described above. The simplest thing to do is option 1, which is just to run simple KP swap threads. Whichever system you choose, the key is - don't ever donate to your own Ancient Wonders. Always level up others'. This way you will all donate well beyond the value of the chests and there isn't ever a question of people jumping in to take the rewards.

I'm not in the category of people that goes around targetting other AWs to donate to. I have better things to do. However, I have nothing against the people that do. They are just playing the game. If anyone doesn't run a suitable swapping system then it is to be expected. Many people will welcome getting the free KP from outside donors.

alsael

Enchanter
maybe the solution would be to make it optional.
Put an all/fs button to the wonder:all-everyone will be allowed to donate kps, fs: only fs members are allowed to donate kp to that wonder
The owner of the wonder can decide the option he wants

Gargon667

Mentor
How difficult is it to send a message to your FS called "10 KP swap thread"? If noone in your FS can be bothered to use the thread, you have clearly no interest in your FS to cooperate on AWs in general and you are most likely far better off having random people donate to your AWs than your FS members.

Does the game really need to waste programming time on something like this, if it can be fixed by yourself in 1 minute? I would rather have them work on something useful instead...

Deleted User - 2077221

Should definitely be an all/FS only option like alsael mentioned.

Deleted User - 2077221

Alcaro the ability to do KP swap threads doesn't have anything to do with closing your doors to neighbors.

There's literally no reason why someone shouldn't be able to toggle fellows only or even a "noone" option

Alcaro

Necromancer
Alcaro the ability to do KP swap threads doesn't have anything to do with closing your doors to neighbors.

There's literally no reason why someone shouldn't be able to toggle fellows only or even a "noone" option
imho, it would be a pretty much an useless feature, but beside that, this is a game where you play in a "world", it's not a single player. I find it awkward to shut down your city for other players ... what are you going to do when you need sentient goods and your FS can't help you? Then you open up and post/ take trades? Doesn't sound right to me.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am thinking maybe lots of people play this game exactly because there are so few interactions with other people? I mean compared to many other games, you can play this game just fine up to a certain point without interacting with anyone. I am sure some people play that way, they probably get annoyed with me every time I visit them when I am out of gold (I agree not especially good behavior if I only come visit when I want something lol)
If we make a server for the southern hemisphere we might also make one with 0 interaction? Delete all ranking lists and the messaging system and all FS, delete the trader, grey out all your neighbours on the map and voila! Well except those pesky AWs that is, I wonder what we can do about it?
Sorry I know, I just can´t help it.... I can´t stay entirely serious for too long...

DeletedUser5093

This issue comes up once every month or two and the comments are always the same, so allow me to summarise the main points for you, and save us all some time.

The main argument comes from a very small group of players who don't like people outside their fellowship donating to their wonders, because they would prefer the prizes only went to people in their fellowship, and therefore propose a game mechanic that will allow them to restrict wonder donations in some way as a solution to this issue.

The response from the devs is that they will not be changing things, as this is how the wonder donation system is intended to work.

The response from the majority of the player base is that if you don't want people outside your fellowship winning the chests then you just have to make sure your fellows donate enough KP to your wonders that it is unprofitable for anyone else to consider it, or if they try, they at least don't manage to get the main prizes. A simple but effective way to achieve this is to use KP exchange threads. Essentially, you already have a simple and easy mechanism to achieve what you want to achieve, with the benefit that it won't negatively affect anyone who doesn't have the same play style as you.
Most outsiders who donate to your wonders only drop a handful of KP in, so it's not hard to bump them out. And for the rare occasion when someone drops such a huge amount of KP into your wonder that your fellows can't get one of the chests, does it really matter? The outsider has significantly reduced the amount of resources you need to upgrade your wonder, so you are receiving a big benefit from this practice regardless of who gets the chests. Anyone who's giving you such a big gift kinda deserves the prize at that point.

I think that's all the key points. Have I forgotten anything?