• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Introducing Me - BuilderViktor

BuilderViktor

Adventurer
Hi Folks!

I joined just a'couple a'days ago and really am a novice at this method of communication, the gaming part I mean, and would appreciate anything that anyone might point out when I make a boo-boo.

I have started my first city and have been reading some of the archive notes. Being new, I have discovered that there is a shorthand for sayings which I have not yet experienced. For example, I came across the phrases "Lock building-AW" and "purchase KP or AW packs".

Now I know the meaning of many words, including 'lock', 'purchase' and 'packs', however the 'building-AW', 'KP or AW' provide little information for the novice gamer/player and, incidentally, should I say gamer or player? I realize that it would be a little awkward explaining every nuance on an individual basis in every message so perhaps an appendix or similar for this sort of problem could be added somewhere (sorry have not had time to chase up wiki yet), perhaps a link.

Anywhooooo, thank you for letting me say Hello sorry, Hi!
BuilderViktor

DeletedUser5381

Welcome to Elvenar, Viktor.
Did you build your city in Felyndral or Winyandor?

DeletedUser5976

Hi Viktor welcome, that is a good idea. Until there is something like that. An AW is an ancient wonder. You unlock them by doing the necessary research. You will encounter the research for the first two in chapter 2. After that every new chapter will have a research for another two. You will need to save Rune Shards (different ones for each type) to fill a wheel of runes to be able to build one. To upgrade them you will need to feed them knowledge points (kp). Hope this explains a few things.

We also use the initials for the spells in game like PoP (Power of Provision), EE (Ensorcelled Endowment) etc. Spells can be made in the Magic Academy (MA)

If you have questions just ask, people are very helpful in these forums.

BuilderViktor

Adventurer
Thanks to everyone who wrote - I am gradually getting used to the abbreviations and some of the nuances of the game. However, it's become a bit expensive and I wonder whether others have found this also. I tried the Elvenar Art comp but, woefully, only got two correct, better luck next time.
BuilderViktor

DeletedUser5381

Yes, Viktor this game can get very expensive depends on your playing style. I recently had a long term teammate move to a new group because not enough players were motivated enough. This player was using ONLY magic residences to save on space, I find that the more actual money you invest in your city the more it feels like a job. Another friend recently said think of this as a marathon not a sprint. Look around at the biggest cities you can find, they have been working on them for at least 2-3 years.