• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Introduce the reconstruction option from Forge of Empires

Hi,

I am playing both Forge of Empires and Elvenar. I love both games. However, rearranging buildings in Elvenar is a pain in the behind (pardon the expression(). Thus I would like to suggest introducing the reconstruction option from the Forge game.

This option enables you to temporarily store buildings (all if necessary) so that you may rearrange them.

This would make Elvenar much more enjoyable. Also switching two buildings when wanting to place one in the place of another would also be appreciated (another Forge of Empires feature.

I hope a developer will be able to see this!

Thanks in advance!

Pauly7

Magus
I doubt it would ever happen. As @m4rt1n says one of the key game elements is managing the rearrangement problems. I was actually pretty surprised that they released the teleport spell, but that alone allows you to do what you'd like to within the limits of how many spells you have.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
They said it would never happen in Forge either.... and that is also a city rearrangement game. forge also had building storage options like the teleport spell.

Timneh

Artisan
For me, the teleport spells did not add to the game, at the contrary. If there is a construction mode that works fine in another game - great for that game. I would not like it in Elvenar.

Just because something gets added to the game (i doubt this feature would be added) it does not mean you have to use it. Just ignore it.

lihwei9123

Seeker
Hi,

I am playing both Forge of Empires and Elvenar. I love both games. However, rearranging buildings in Elvenar is a pain in the behind (pardon the expression(). Thus I would like to suggest introducing the reconstruction option from the Forge game.

This option enables you to temporarily store buildings (all if necessary) so that you may rearrange them.

This would make Elvenar much more enjoyable. Also switching two buildings when wanting to place one in the place of another would also be appreciated (another Forge of Empires feature.

I hope a developer will be able to see this!

Thanks in advance!
I strongly agree with your opinion, as the game doesn't have this option.

Because of this, it's very hard to rearrange your buildings, and even worse, you cannot directly change the place of two buildings. Unlike FoE, since most buildings grow bigger and bigger when you keep upgrading it, this function is highly necessary (shall be even more necessary than FoE) in this game. Because this option is not yet introduced, when i plan to rearrange my buildings, i have to sell all the roads, move all the buildings neatly to a place, and then start arranging these buildings from the remaining empty spaces. With the reconstruction mode, this could be a lot easier, or make some functions similar to this, for example the coc's village edit mode.

lihwei9123

Seeker
We have the teleport spell than can be earned in the weekly spire.
Half the fun of Elvenar is the problem solving involved in rearrangement.
I don't agree with you, because obtaining a large amount of teleport spell is hard and takes a lot of time to get, this is not a good way to rearrange your buildings, but you can say they have to make the teleport spell a lot easier to get, so you don't have to be worried about the teleport spells you have while removing unnecessary buildings from your city so rearranging will be a lot easier.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I don't agree with you, because obtaining a large amount of teleport spell is hard and takes a lot of time to get, this is not a good way to rearrange your buildings, but you can say they have to make the teleport spell a lot easier to get, so you don't have to be worried about the teleport spells you have while removing unnecessary buildings from your city so rearranging will be a lot easier.

It ain't hard nor do you need many, a handful is more then enough, once you have the space to swap buildings you do all you need.

Julian

Sorcerer
Once you reach the guest races, just do your rearranging between chapters when your guest-race area is empty.

Pauly7

Magus
The teleport spell is a relatively new addition to the game. In days past there wasn't any such thing to aid rearranging of a city so it should be perfectly possible for you to do what you need to do without teleporting anything.

There are always times when rearranging becomes a bit of a headache, but as @m4rt1n said, this is part of the fun and part of what Elvenar is all about. In the early chapters working out a strategy to rearrange a city is a big part of the game. Once you reach the guest races the point will become moot, however, as everyone has large free areas once they reach the end of a chapter that can be used to move buildings around. By this time you will also likely be picking up more teleport spells, so that becomes an option.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
You do not need a large amount of Teleports. We rearranged our cities for years without them even being available. Teleporting away one big building will be enough in any case. Using more spells increases the comfort while reducing the challenge.

Timneh

Artisan
I do not play FoE so i do not know what they have there but i hear a lot of times people saying that the things they have in FoE all seem to be introduced here so that feature might at some time come here. We will see in time.

It ain't hard nor do you need many, a handful is more then enough, once you have the space to swap buildings you do all you need.

Nice to see so many people agreeing with me. I just ignored the thread I created mostly because of the first reply (sorry :cool:). That and not getting any email alerts for the other replies.

FOE is more fun because you can explore and play around with different designs at will. I love coming up with wacky city plans to fit everything I want.

The teleport spells are not so easy to get when you also have to level up buildings and everything. It seems like an excuse to force players to waste valuable RSS in the spire (which is not always worth it).

I can´t help but notice more differences in general: in FOE I stay logged in when I click remember me. In Elvenar as soon as I use the phone app, the browser game does not recognize me anymore (which annoys me immensely). Elvenar takes a lot longer to load both on mobile and PC compared with FOE. This is surprising considering they are the same company.

Another miss in my opinion are the event buildings. They are so awesome in FOE especially the latest airship and world fair. It is totally worth it to go through the hassle of getting and leveling them up. Whereas in Elvenar the latest two or three event buildings were totally meh. I almost always delete them at the beginning of the next event as they soon become a huge waste of space. Large and under-powered.

I also have at least 10-20 daily event reward buildings gathering dust in my inventory. Why does disenchanting give only scroll fragments? I have A TON of those from the spire. Something similar to the FOE trader would be a lot better. Or also give some catalysts when disenchanting rare buildings.

I know there are two different games with just similar concepts. I can´t help but wonder how much better Elvenar could be if they listened a lot more to the players. I have read around online and my feelings written above are shared with a lot of other players.

At the end of the day Elvenar is just a game that is supposed to be fun. Not an additional stress and worry that you may mess something up if you place a stupid building wrong. I get enough stress from my day to day life.

Pauly7

Magus
You list lots of ways that you think Fall of Empires is the better game... Seems like the answer is to play FoE. There's nothing wrong with that if that's your thing, but Elvenar isn't FoE. I would probably stop playing if it was.

You list lots of ways that you think Fall of Empires is the better game... Seems like the answer is to play FoE. There's nothing wrong with that if that's your thing, but Elvenar isn't FoE. I would probably stop playing if it was.

Well I love both games. Those were just my observations on how Elvenar could improve. I do not think these would make it like FoE.

Also I think that in FoE it is way too difficult to obtain diamonds and everything is too expensive (diamond wise). This is one aspect in which Elvenar is much better. That and the sweet looking building designs ;)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Well I love both games. Those were just my observations on how Elvenar could improve. I do not think these would make it like FoE.

Also I think that in FoE it is way too difficult to obtain diamonds and everything is too expensive (diamond wise). This is one aspect in which Elvenar is much better. That and the sweet looking building designs ;)

I always felt the other way around hahaha, at least at the time I played forge.