• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Inform App players about Browser-Version advantages

Arraminta

Novice
Hi,

I am fairly new to Elvenar (maybe 2 weeks, end of Chapter II). I found the game as a recommendation in the Google App Store and only played it on my phone thinking that the browser version is more or less the same.

Today, I logged in to the browser version and was amazed at the vast amount of new information and possibilities.

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the Tutorial/Wiki descriptions but it would have been really helpful to know that if I logged in to the browser version I would be able to receive additional information :)

Pauly7

Magus
It's true, there are still a lot of differences. People think of games as being app based these days, so I can see that many people wouldn't even find out that there is a browser version.

When I started playing there wasn't any such thing as the app version. You literally couldn't reach the game at all if you were away from a PC and if you were away for a weekend or something you had to just leave your city to fend for itself. When the app was first released it had only a small fraction of the functionality of the browser. They started improving it stage by stage until it got to the point today where it is fairly comparable.

Sure there are still a few things you can only do on the PC. There are also quite a few things that are much better to play on the app.

Aznar

Novice
I remember that I found out early that PC version exists, though I was pretty sure I couldn't log to my mobile city and would have to create a new one. I discovered it by accident when there was a competition on forum that forced me to log in.

rock stream

Scholar
You could reverse this question to list all the advantages the app offers. For example
♪no clicking
♪easy map visits
♪able to visit everyone on the map regardless if the main hall is under construction
♪quick and efficient (auto) fighting
I'm really liking the app although it does have a few drawbacks

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Hi,

I am fairly new to Elvenar (maybe 2 weeks, end of Chapter II). I found the game as a recommendation in the Google App Store and only played it on my phone thinking that the browser version is more or less the same.

Today, I logged in to the browser version and was amazed at the vast amount of new information and possibilities.

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the Tutorial/Wiki descriptions but it would have been really helpful to know that if I logged in to the browser version I would be able to receive additional information :)

The browser version arrived years ago, the app arrived last year :) But INNO is working hard the app too. Many of us have seen it grow since "birth."

FieryArien

Necromancer
The browser version arrived years ago, the app arrived last year :)
Not really. ;-) Elvenstats registered my account’s existence on 2018-03-14, but that happens only after the city grows a bit. I remember finishing the whole Valentine’s event. The point being: I’ve joined the game through the app and it was through some advertisement on iOS, so the app probably wasn’t even brand new at that point.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Mmmmmm weird @FieryArien , maybe it existed and it was poorly marketed. I found the game online on a PC, I started to play right before Phoenix 2019 FAs, and I believe the app did not exist by them. I even recall there was a launch announcement here, but might be a false memory of mine then.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The app is around a bit longer than a year now, perhaps even more than 2 years. Me and my friends started playing it around the same time and we were mostly mobile players. I remember that our first FA we had to go via the Puffin app to get the browser functionalities that you see on computer. Slow was the understatement!

The functionality of the app has increased a lot since then and I find that I use it about 95% of the time now with very little time needed on the computer for those functions that is only available with the browser. Thanks Inno!

Biggest difference at this point is probably the manual fighting. Must be an eye opener for those seeing it the first time.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
There is mention of the mobile app in the release notes of version 1.43, in November 2017.

On topic: I think that the playing experience is so much better on the browser that it warrants an advertisement in the mobile version.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
They need to keep it balanced, for players like us that don't like cell phones and play mostly the browser version.

I use the app only for map NH visits, and maybe to check something at night, where I am at the couch, far from the PC lol.