• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Increase Elvarian Guard Badges for Fellowship Adventures

kimkimkim

Summoner
Now that we are able to produce troops simultaneously in all 3 of our military buildings.....would there be a way to increase the amount of elvarian guard badges needed in a waypoint or even increase the amount of troops needed to make an elvarian guard badge.....it seems like such a waste (not really because they benefit our cities) to have multiple players in a fellowship with over 100 elvarian guard badges and no place to put them!

Pauly7

Magus
Now that we are able to produce troops simultaneously in all 3 of our military buildings.....would there be a way to increase the amount of elvarian guard badges needed in a waypoint or even increase the amount of troops needed to make an elvarian guard badge.....it seems like such a waste (not really because they benefit our cities) to have multiple players in a fellowship with over 100 elvarian guard badges and no place to put them!
I'm not a fan of requesting an increase in difficulty. You are right though. Elvarian Guard badges are fairly meaningless. I think I could make the whole FA quota by myself without too much issue... A better request would be, however - Can we please have an option to gain points from all unused badges in the Pit? My previous suggestion was that we should be able to drop any non-manu/workshop badge into the pit individually, at any time after it opens, for perhaps 1 point per badge.

Gargon667

Mentor
I don´t even remember how many FAs ago I last managed to place a single of those badges... Nothing to do with the new 3 queues though, they were far too easy to come by even before that. I remember once just for the fun of it I made all these badges for the all paths on all maps in the first hour of the FA lol, still never managed to place a single one of them, so they just went to the garbage bin together with hundreds of Wonder badges lol.

Pauly7

Magus
I don´t even remember how many FAs ago I last managed to place a single of those badges... Nothing to do with the new 3 queues though, they were far too easy to come by even before that. I remember once just for the fun of it I made all these badges for the all paths on all maps in the first hour of the FA lol, still never managed to place a single one of them, so they just went to the garbage bin together with hundreds of Wonder badges lol.
Yeah, those badges are quite insane. I think the quota is designed with the idea that people will pick up a certain number. When I had a new city before the guest races, it's quite slow to collect them if you don't use time boosters, and the quota seems to make sense if you have 25 people from chapter 4 all collecting without boosters from one training queue. The reality is far different from that now for most people. Yeah, on the day (or more like the hour) when I replenish all my troops, if I actually bothered to do it carefully, picking up every badge as it went, I think the full FA quota could be collected by one person in an hour.

Giraffi

Enchanter
Elvarian guard badges are easier to get in higher chapter cities. Kind of a slog at my level, but boy, can I churn out the sacks of golds. Also remember that although there may be 3 training buildings, not all 5 slots are available for all players. Every brown bear, any other culture building giving troops and any AW giving troops will however add to the Elvarian guard badges that can be collected. Not hard to guess who will have more of these kinds of buildings ...

Again a situation of what is easy for one group, may not be so easy for another. I don’t think the number of badges needs to be increased.

Timneh

Artisan
I agree with @Giraffi and @cwgiii . Some players can't turn out guard badges as fast as others and you should all have learnt by now that the devs don't like players asking them to change the things they have put in the game so they change them in ways that were not asked for and normally end up making things worse.

Sir Derf

Adept
I remember once just for the fun of it I made all these badges for the all paths on all maps in the first hour of the FA lol...
I call Shenanigans. Shenanigans, I say.

1) Regardless of the number of buildings you had, I find it hard to believe that you used the stupefying number of instants and time boosts necessary to accomplish that task.
2) Let's talk the time it takes to do everything you would have to do. Brewers alone require the collection of 5,600 individual Beverages. In total, that's 15,110 individual Supply productions, and 2,511 Goods productions. And then you have to collect 3,509 badges; it would basically take you the full hour doing nothing but clicking to collect those badges at one click per second. And you still have to restart all those productions, and apply all those time boosts.
3) Yes, I said 3,509 badges, because I assume you're saying you did not just complete all the Supplies and Goods badges, but all the Spell and Other badges as well. It's conceivable that you could drop 5,260 Knowledge Points on Ancient Wonders. Not believable, but conceivable. I suppose you did that by buying KP with all the Gold you rained into existence in order to personally collect 489 Sacks of Gold.

Even if I were to ignore the impossibility of the 1 hour time frame and and I were numb to the impending repetitive strain injury all the screen interaction this would take and I didn't care about the ludicrousness quantities of instants and time boosts, because this was all "just for the fun of it", then we have the cherry on top of this fantasy sundae...

...still never managed to place a single one of them, so they just went to the garbage bin together with hundreds of Wonder badges lol.

4) It is impossible to amass that quantity of badges and yet have been continuously prevented from placing any of them. How? After an hour, according to you, you had all the badges. For all the Waypoints. Every one. Which also means you had badges for every possible Pit-Stage. You're not saying you willfully didn't place any, you're saying you were prevented from placing any. How?

Wait, I take number 4 back. I can actually see 2 completely different ways #4 could be true.

4a) I suppose if you could produce mass quantities of badges, then the rest of your Fellowship could be doing that too. But, unlike you, they were continuously placing badges successfully. Every time you opened an available Waypoint and went to place a badge, they would have placed theirs first, thus blocking you. Every time. Even in the pit. For the entire 6+ days of the Fellowship Adventure, they were continuously feeding the pit, preventing you from ever placing a badge into the pit.

or...

4b) While you were taking that first hour building badges, the rest of the Fellowship was building and placing badges to finish Map 1 (or Map 2, or Map 3 - hey, who knows how productive the rest of the Fellowship is). However, they never claimed the chest at the end of the Map, and you don't have a high-enough position within the Fellowship to claim the chest yourself. So for the remaining 6+ days of the Fellowship Adventure, you were stuck staring at a filled up Map with no badges left to be placed and no way to move on to the next stage.

Shenanigans. Utter Shenanigans.

Sir Derf

Adept
Um.... it was late...

99 Guard badges in an hour? I guess you could... still seems like a lot of instants... And I guess you could always miss the opportunity to place Guard badges before others did...

Un-Shenanigans?

Gargon667

Mentor
I was time boosting troops anyway, I just did it with 1 (or was it 2?)h time boosts instead of the usual 5+. A bit more clicking than usual, but nothing out of the ordinary...
And don´t shoot me if it took an hour and a half or even 2. This was a long time ago... it was just a fun thing, but nothing worth remembering in detail...