• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City increase "clear all" function when rearrange the buildings

milonew

Novice
it's really exhausting when rearrange the buildings , shall we increase the "clear all " function so that we could rearrange buildings derectly ?

firerock

Enchanter
no hes asking for something many were asking for for a while, some functionality that most games provide as standard as they care for their users and dont expect them to spend endless hours doing mind numbing stuff not enjoying the game, when they could be using their time more productively in the game.

Even FoE now provides it, as Elvenars sister game took the trouble to do it after users asked for it.
It should be done to modernise the game functions.

DeletedUser3571

from what i can see he would like to be able to put all the buildings in storage to make it easier to change the layout of your city.
Have to admit to not being a fan of this, i think the challenge of putting your city together is one of the best parts of this game

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
If you take all challenges off the game, it will become boring. Portal and Teleport spells already made the game much easier than it was before, and the new event format lacks any strategic element. Elvenar has no war element to it - if you make the city building aspect too easy it won't be worth playing.

An FoE clone without PvP just won't cut it for me. Sorry, I'm against your idea.

Julian

Sorcerer
I agree that the teleport spell has reduced some of the challenge of rearranging the city. But they were useful during the adventure, clearing big factories so we can put in temporary small ones.

Pauly7

Magus
Thanks @pompeywolf I understand now.

This is something that has been discussed for as long as the game has been here. As has already been mentioned this is an intentional part of the game to create that challenge. It isn't down to being an antiquated system or anything.

Last edited:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
We all wish that hehe, but, that is what teleports are for :)

Bird's view would be helpful though! Sometimes moving big buildings I find "forgotten 2x1" junk that upon removing, as it was hidden and forgotten behind. It helps with arrangements,

DeletedUser

Challenges. Strategy. I cannot see it. it is just simple math. You give them less and expect more. Nothing brilliant about that.

If such a idea of clearing the city is implemented, you are not forced to use it. They could always provide it as an option and people who would not like to use it can just disable it.

I guess clear all would mean to clear a table of all contends and start anew in placing the items how you would like it to be arranged.

I always thought it strange that people think they are clever, but then seem to lack the ability to understand basic stuff.

m4rt1n

Adept
Clearing the city to rearrange would destroy this game, the masses of teleports although useful are removing some of the strategy already.

Over the years I have shuffled and deleted and rebuilt roads to move building around.

That is one of the reasons I am still here playing 3 years after starting, the CHALLENGE.

If you want an easy build overnight I suggest you buy a set of Lego's, that mentioned, some of us have even used Lego Bricks to rearrange our cities, brick by brick then copy the moves on the game.

If I get a clear all option, I will use it just once, clear my city and look for a new strategic city builder.

1000's of us do enjoy that difficulty or rearrangement so maybe you need to find an easier game to play.

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
There are several players on FoE Beta that gripe and complain about having the Reconstruction tool. I personally love it, but really, since we have Elvenarchitect here, I don't think we need it. But that's me.

DeletedUser219

@Kailuin You complain about the game being unrealistic, and then complain about the most realistic part of it?

There are very few cities in the world that get to 'start over' because the city planners messed up. (San Francisco is a notable exception, but its 'clear all' events have not been planned)

Timneh

Artisan
If a clear all function was introduced i think it could be interesting, not the function itself but more the reaction of players. you will get the players that love it, you will get the players that hate it and ignore it and then you will get the players that really irk me, the ones that hate it and complain about it but still use it.
If a clear all function was introduced i'm not sure if i would use it or not but i'm not against the idea.

If I get a clear all option, I will use it just once, clear my city and look for a new strategic city builder.

Do you not think that would be an over reaction when as already said you would not HAVE to use it ?

Deleted User - 106219

@Kailuin You complain about the game being unrealistic, and then complain about the most realistic part of it?

There are very few cities in the world that get to 'start over' because the city planners messed up. (San Francisco is a notable exception, but its 'clear all' events have not been planned)
There are very few cities in the real world where you can just take a building from one part of town and move it to the opposite part of town. Here we have that from the start, it's called "Move".

This is a game, and as such there are some intentional breaks from reality. So how about not using real life as an argument about something that clearly does not follow real-life rules?

P.S.: As a FoE player I can assure everyone that using Reconstruction Mode is A LOT more of a challenge than it first appears.

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
P.S.: As a FoE player I can assure everyone that using Reconstruction Mode is A LOT more of a challenge than it first appears.

Agreed. Just because you can temporarily clear your city grid doesn't mean you don't still have to make things fit.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Clearing the city to rearrange would destroy this game, the masses of teleports, although useful, are removing some of the strategy already.

1000's of us do enjoy that difficulty or rearrangement, so maybe you need to find an easier game to play.

Completely agree, if you remove all, it becomes too easy.

And the satisfaction of building? First, wondering how the heck you will fit your upgrade that for the next level grows significantly, changes size, shape, and orientation. You end up saying, "I did fit it in," and then, you fit another, and another, and before the end of the chapter, you got all rearranged, leveled up, and functional before you even remove the portal for the next one. No easy way needed.

I only used two teleports for "melancholy aesthetic situations." (Having no choice at the time to part with a magnificent aesthetic building). You want to keep it in the book even tho it will not see the light again. However, at least you still have it. Yet, I have 23 teleports that are not even worth disenchanting, since I get thousands of free fragments a day (I have three full spire sets, plus some trees, plants, and endless scroll.)

Brings me the idea, they can make a "city heaven," which is a free and wide 10000x10000. If you sell an event building, you place it there. You can do this will all event buildings. You get ZERO bonus from this 'city heaven,' no benefits at all, no cost neither. (Maybe 500 diamonds to buy this 'heaven,' to pay for the code it took making it, and the server power it will take. But at least, you can see the pretty buildings that you had to part with, haha.

There are very few cities in the real world where you can just take a building from one part of town and move it to the opposite part of town. Here we have that from the start, it's called "Move".

With real-world you mean outside of this planet, right? Or are you referring to water/boat 'cities'? (Otherwise, Where? I am not seeing The Empire State moved to Orlando (but you never know haha).

Last edited: