• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Inactive neighbors

DeletedUser

Will inactive neighbors eventually go away?

I began on the US server where maybe 20% of players are active. EN is so much better but I still have a couple neighbors who quit right after starting. I wish to raze their hamlets, or at least have the powers that be do so.

DeletedUser

you only have a couple, you're so lucky, I've discovered 19, only 4 are still playing. I help them everyday, it's worth 1020 gold each in my cophers

DeletedUser23

On the beta servers there was a wipe of inactive players recently. Unfortunately for now it means a lot less people to help each day for the coins, as the spaces take forever to refill.

DeletedUser3

Zmiro is correct :cool:

Inactive players will be removed after 30+ days of inactivity. This new measure was introduced on beta in the update to 0.16. Before that, no players had been removed from beta, and therefore there were many more inactive players removed on that first occasion than would normally be the case. Obviously the same situation does not apply here on the International version, as the system of removing inactives was already in place before International started. Therefore here on International only a small number of players will be removed each time, and it will not be long before new players take their place.

DeletedUser23

Thanks Amy. What constitutes "inactive"? Like how many days do they have to have been away for etc?

DeletedUser8

Thanks Amy. What constitutes "inactive"?
red18.png
Like how many days do they have to have been away for etc?

If a player does not log in within 30 days, the player will be considered "inactive" by the game. :)

DeletedUser23

If a player does not log in within 30 days, the player will be considered "inactive" by the game. :)

So, the first round won't include many people then; only those who logged in the first day and never again? Then the next month will see a few more removals.

DeletedUser8

I'm not quite sure it works like that, but I will see what I can find out. I don't believe there is a "monthly" sweep of inactives. but rather, a player will disappear from the world map after 30 days of that player's inactivity. An inactive player is likely replaced on the map with a new player. As I said, I will need to confirm this.

DeletedUser23

I'm not quite sure it works like that, but I will see what I can find out. I don't believe there is a "monthly" sweep of inactives. but rather, a player will disappear from the world map after 30 days of that player's inactivity. An inactive player is likely replaced on the map with a new player. As I said, I will need to confirm this.

Ahh that's why I misread Amy's statement then. Because it has only recent was introduced on the Beta, where I saw 60% of my neighbours go, I thought it was a monthly sweep, but yeah it makes sense that it's just when they hit their 30 days. Thanks for looking into it though.

Am I right then in guessing those cities that are removed are also deleted, or can someone come back to the game and get re-added?

DeletedUser8

I must confirm this also, but a player should assume to start over from scratch again if the player has not logged in for 30 days prior, and would be relocated on the world map.

DeletedUser23

Thanks.

Personally I think that'd be a little unfair, to have the whole city deleted when there could be reasons why someone doesn't log in for a month. Removing them from world map is fine, but I think they should be put back if they start playing again. This is only made more important if they've spent money on diamonds. But maybe Inno have something in place already that us mere mortals aren't aware of :p