• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader In-Fellowship Trade

• Thread starter DeletedUser7533
  • Start date

DeletedUser7533

We recently had one of our members provide a bunch of low volume trade deals so that our smaller member (me included) could meet the accept five trade requirement for the Carnival event. unfortunately, all those offers were greedily snatched up by some marauder because there was no In-Fellowship Trade options and the trade offers had to be put up on th open trade block.

Is there any possibility an In-Fellowship Trading block could be put in place to prevent this sort of thing in future?

DeletedUser4149

that would create an elitist trading system that would deny younger cities access to a lot of trades because people who communicate poorly can't ask their fellows for quest trades.
besides, they still can't create a system to place trades of 100,000 goods without having to click on the mouse 1000 times or use their keyboard. a simple x10 button or a way to speed up the amount added to a trade by holding the button down would work. but that Atari, 1980 technology seems to be too much trouble to add. they did manage to add a ratio calculator in the tradehouse for those who can't do basic math.

DeletedUser7533

No! Absolutely not. I despise the click and hold, escalating speed, count feature in Elite Dangerous. I use scripts just to avoid it - at all costs. I come here to escape such garbage design.
I'd rather a typing option, which does exist here, but not in that other game.

And maths are hard! :confused:
I mean, I get the logic of math (most of it anyway) and see why math really is important for everyone, but the calculations themselves are still tedious and error-prone.

Pauly7

Magus
I think it's probably unfair to describe your neighbours who are willing to trade with you as "some marauder". This is the same as the argument regarding AW donations. It's part of the game. If someone took the trades you were waiting on, then that's frustrating, sure. Put up some more. Be ready. If it's for the sake of "accepting 5 trades" then make them 1 marble for 1 crystal so others aren't interested. If it's favourable trades to help the small cities in the fellowship then have the small cities put up the trades and, again, others won't take them.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
When I put up a trade, and it gets accepted then I accomplished what I wanted, no matter whether a fellow or a neighbor helped me. Accepting 5 trades for the sake of accepting trades doesn't help anybody, at the contrary. Implementing mechanics to cater to useless quests is contra-induced, IMHO.

Bigger players know how hard it is to trade for the small cities with few neighbors. Some of them tend to accept nearly every small trade, just to help the young cities. Calling them "greedy marauders" may not be the nicest thing to do.

Besides, the workaround for your problem is easy.

DeletedUser7533

I think it's probably unfair to describe your neighbours who are willing to trade with you as "some marauder". This is the same as the argument regarding AW donations. It's part of the game. If someone took the trades you were waiting on, then that's frustrating, sure. Put up some more. Be ready. If it's for the sake of "accepting 5 trades" then make them 1 marble for 1 crystal so others aren't interested. If it's favourable trades to help the small cities in the fellowship then have the small cities put up the trades and, again, others won't take them.

We are not talking about 5 or so small trades. We are talking about 10-20. So yeah, "Marauder" fits the bill. Far more than the person needed for the same objective. In any event, I still think In-Fellowship Trades are a good idea.

But thanks for thinking about it...

DeletedUser7533

I can see why so few suggestions are made in these threads. What a bunch of negative people.

cwgiii

Shaman
Raeat, as you have discovered, there is no way for any trader to know the intentions of any other trader. A trade posted, is a trade available. Others have had the same experience, especially when posting "unbalanced" trades (3 star) to help a smaller player. One method (suggested in other threads) is to communicate via chat or messages in advance, then post the trade with a slight disadvantage (1 star or 0 star), in the appropriate direction. This will have a higher probability of preserving the trade for a longer amount of time, or for the intended purpose. Just a thought.

Deleted User - 341074

I can see why so few suggestions are made in these threads. What a bunch of negative people.
Part of the problem is that this has been suggested and rejected every couple months for years. And always for the same reason.
Players who have yet to join a fellowship would see a drastic drop in the number of available trades, possibly causing them to quit in frustration.
Also as the others have said the fix is simple:
ask your fellowship members or neighbors to post really bad trades, that way no one will take them except to complete quests.

These forums really need some sticky/pinned threads like "frequently suggested ideas"

DeletedUser5976

Until such time, your bigger players can put 1 start trades for you to take and then you can mirror that same trade. No losses and quest done.