• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered In-Actives

Master Arthur

Alchemist
I know that this has been questioned many times before but taking an idea from the current world situation, I think that ALL players that have not played for 6 months should be put into ISOLATION. They could easily have access when/if they log on again. Looking through the fellowships, there are just too many that are just taking up server space and making no contribution to the success of what is otherwise a very well put together game, with superb presentation.

Hekata

Artisan
This subject has been discussed a few times. Inno did somewhat improve the system of (re)moving cities lately; small new cites are removed much faster if they are inactive. But there are some rules they don't want to change, like players who have ever spent any amount of diamonds will probably never get (re)moved, players who have reached a certain chapter (not sure which one it is) will also not be moved for a very, very, very long time, if ever.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
This subject has been discussed a few times. Inno did somewhat improve the system of (re)moving cities lately; small new cites are removed much faster if they are inactive. But there are some rules they don't want to change, like players who have ever spent any amount of diamonds will probably never get (re)moved, players who have reached a certain chapter (not sure which one it is) will also not be moved for a very, very, very long time, if ever.

3-60 days before a town is put into storage, this also counts for veteran players with loads of diamonds invested in there town.
The main issue is that the system seems to be disabled for now as I have seen towns that needs deletion after 3 days stick for weeks now.
Can't find the bug report on beta quickly but essentially when players are moved there scouted provinces don't always carry over to the new location creating all kinds of issues, this then need the attention of a developer to fix it. which limits the developer development time.

So I assume this system is now disabled untill they can fix it permanently and accounts no longer get corrupted untill fixed.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Thank you for your reply and information. The main reason for my posting of this is that I believe the current status, position in table and power of a fellowship does not accurately reflect its actual status in these matters. If towns from veteran players and or any others that are put into storage, are they removed from membership of a fellowship??

Hekata

Artisan
3-60 days before a town is put into storage, this also counts for veteran players with loads of diamonds invested in there town.
I know they said that but I'm not sure this is true since my neighbourhood is still full cities that were already inactive when I started playing and that was over 3 years ago. Maybe the system (when active) doesn't clean the whole server at once but goes piece by piece and it hasn't reached my neighbourhood yet, but I still think that the big or diamond spending cities have an almost indefinite period of grace.

If towns from veteran players and or any others that are put into storage, are they removed from membership of a fellowship??

This is a good question. I don't know. I think it would make sense they are removed but since the new system doesn't delete them, just moves them far from the centre of the map where active cities should be I think they probably stay in a FS until they are kicked out by the AM.

Pauly7

Magus
I have serious doubts whether this ever happened. Certainly, the rule always was that if a city had either reached chapter 5 (I think) or had purchased diamonds at any point, then that city would remain for ever more. I haven't seen any evidence of this changing. As @Hekata points out, I have inactive cities in my neighbourhood that have been inactive since the time when I was moved there (the one and only time I was ever moved). This was in "the great move" when many people got moved around the map all in the space of a day or two. I think that was August 2017. As I've mentioned before, I have my eye on one particular neighbour. At almost this exact time in 2017 he deleted his whole city, bar the things that can't be deleted, and he left. I believe his city is chapter 5. That same desolate city still sits there to this day.

What did happen was they increased the frequency after which the tiny cities are swept off the map. That much is evident.

If towns from veteran players and or any others that are put into storage, are they removed from membership of a fellowship??
As far as I know if a city is removed then it is also removed from any fellowship they are in. To all intents the city ceases to exist. The problem is many fellowships keep larger inactive fellows in their group because they believe it somehow gives them extra status. So it stands to reason that these are the same inactive cities that are never being removed.

We could go on having this conversation, and it's probably pointless now, but I still don't understand why those cities can't be moved out to the edge of the map, even if Inno doesn't want to remove them completely, though I do realise that it is not a completely quick and straightforward process to move cities around.

rock stream

Scholar
The problem is many fellowships keep larger inactive fellows in their group because they believe it somehow gives them extra status.
We keep some of our inactives for the neighborly help bonus of coins and relics or enchantments. Status? what can I say, they let me join:)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I have serious doubts whether this ever happened. Certainly, the rule always was that if a city had either reached chapter 5 (I think) or had purchased diamonds at any point, then that city would remain for ever more. I haven't seen any evidence of this changing. As @Hekata points out, I have inactive cities in my neighbourhood that have been inactive since the time when I was moved there (the one and only time I was ever moved). This was in "the great move" when many people got moved around the map all in the space of a day or two. I think that was August 2017. As I've mentioned before, I have my eye on one particular neighbour. At almost this exact time in 2017 he deleted his whole city, bar the things that can't be deleted, and he left. I believe his city is chapter 5. That same desolate city still sits there to this day.

What did happen was they increased the frequency after which the tiny cities are swept off the map. That much is evident.

As far as I know if a city is removed then it is also removed from any fellowship they are in. To all intents the city ceases to exist. The problem is many fellowships keep larger inactive fellows in their group because they believe it somehow gives them extra status. So it stands to reason that these are the same inactive cities that are never being removed.

We could go on having this conversation, and it's probably pointless now, but I still don't understand why those cities can't be moved out to the edge of the map, even if Inno doesn't want to remove them completely, though I do realise that it is not a completely quick and straightforward process to move cities around.
The feature that is automatically moving cities to better positions on the World Map has been extended to give better results: Instead of only removing and replacing Cities of deleted player accounts, the automatic movement algorithm can now also temporarily move away inactive Cities from the World Map to free up spots for more active players.
  • The time frame for removal from the World Map depends on player progression - Chapter 1 Cities can make way for active players after only a few days, whereas higher Chapter Cities can take more than a month to be moved.
  • The state of any inactive City (Buildings, Boosted Goods, Neighborly Help, Fellowship, etc.) is stored for at least 30 days (or longer, depending on Chapter reached) and the City is assigned a new location on the World Map on return.
  • Should their original spot still be vacant by the time a player returns, they will find themselves back in their old Neighborhood. If a more active player moved into the respective spot in the meantime, the game will instead choose the next best location for them to return to. In all cases, that means the system attempts to place a player as close to the center of the World Map as possible, while keeping their respective Boosted Goods configuration in consideration.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-99.14578/

We can share the minimum amount of days of inactivity that must have been passed. Please keep in mind that it could always take longer (not shorter) to get moved, though (e.g. if it would take a minimum of 3 inactive days, it could also happen that the movement would take place only after 5 or 6 days if any "blockers" occur. The aim is to strike a balance between no interruption and a fast as possible movement. These are the minimum amounts of time needed:

Chapter 1 AND Non Premium User : 3 days
Chapter 2 AND Non Premium User : 14 days
Chapter 3 AND Non Premium User : 30 days
Chapter 4+ OR Premium User : 60 days

A "Premium User" means someone who has purchased diamonds at least once.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-99.14579/post-83747

This update has been "silently" introduced on live about 2 months ago, but seems to be offline again on live at least.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...e-apparantly-related-issues.15070/#post-86450
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/31135-provinces-after-been-moved-twice.14706/

Pauly7

Magus
I remember seeing this info and it looked like something was going to happen, but it never did, at least on Live. Not a single inactive city moved from my neighbourhood except for the small ones.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I remember seeing this info and it looked like something was going to happen, but it never did, at least on Live. Not a single inactive city moved from my neighbourhood except for the small ones.

thats because the period only counted from the moment that system became active.
But as far is I know the system is currently not (fully) active and I assume those bugs are the cause of it tho I can't prove that.

even those small city's havent been removed for at least 3 weeks now.
I hope the system is quickly fixed and reactivated.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
They are working on it, and supposedly, your city ports away if a lot of your neighbors are bad, to further updated it with "resorting based on game play". My city did not move, I have a lot of inactive neighbors, but some active ones, even with level 15s,16s accounts, although some dead ones, and the gold mines fill again. But I do visit the whole map every day, and I know I am not getting 200 visits a day haha. But I have a good flow of visit, so I guess I check okay for the algorithm and my city does not move.

I figure it will be if your # of visits given - visits received falls under a certain low amount, your city will port unless you uncheck that option.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
They are working on it, and supposedly, your city ports away if a lot of your neighbors are bad, to further updated it with "resorting based on game play". My city did not move, I have a lot of inactive neighbors, but some active ones, even with level 15s,16s accounts, although some dead ones, and the gold mines fill again. But I do visit the whole map every day, and I know I am not getting 200 visits a day haha. But I have a good flow of visit, so I guess I check okay for the algorithm and my city does not move.

I figure it will be if your # of visits given - visits received falls under a certain low amount, your city will port unless you uncheck that option.

200 visits a day, what a dream lol
I cannot complain with 56 visits a day, with a record of 42 culture buildings "activated"

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I do it with the app, is the main thing I use the app for. On beta, I only play (not much) on the browser, and I only do FS visits, and I visit back who visits me haha.

But with the app, it is quite fast, and if INNO made a list with (reachable neighbors), like the "FS' member list", it would be even more awesome haha. (We all want faster always lol.)

I am not sure how many visits I receive, maybe 20 or 30? My record is a sun worth 285% (starting from 170% sun) Yours is crazy awesome hehe. Did you screenshot your % as a memorandum? (No need to share, I just say, as I did with my little big 285% hehe.)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I do it with the app, is the main thing I use the app for. On beta, I only play (not much) on the browser, and I only do FS visits, and I visit back who visits me haha.

But with the app, it is quite fast, and if INNO made a list with (reachable neighbors), like the "FS' member list", it would be even more awesome haha. (We all want faster always lol.)

I am not sure how many visits I receive, maybe 20 or 30? My record is a sun worth 285% (starting from 170% sun) Yours is crazy awesome hehe. Did you screenshot your % as a memorandum? (No need to share, I just say, as I did with my little big 285% hehe.)

Not really, I have a lot of work to do on the Lighthouse of good neighbourhood, so boost numbers will become much better sometime in the future.
I stopped making screenshots of those occasions a long time ago, I did that when I first reached the 50th place (with only the extra builder as diamond spending at that time) on the ranking T10, and may if some day in a far far future I might make a screenshot if I hit the first place.

But all other landmarks seems to be easily broken so they don't feel as exiting to me anymore.

I also hope that when the system is back online we get even more good neigbours.
The only issue I have with the app is that the latter 2/3rd become boringly slow, guess the penalty of scouting a little under 700 provinces.
To many neighbours event the app can't seem to handle it well.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yup, takes me ten minutes, and I only have 320 provinces or so, and it is already a bit "do it for the gold!!"

Master Arthur

Alchemist
In Conclusion; With this entry having begun to move away from its original concern, I have come to the conclusion that this is of interest and like other frustrating and annoying features, which spoils the enjoyment and fun that players, (especially those like me that are daily actives), which result in many of them just giving on a game, that is rightfully regarded as one of the better ones of its type. So its over finally to our developer(s) to get the problem sorted so that we with this concern can just move on with confidence of a solution. Thanks to all viewers and all that have posted replies. My first posting which has been of great value/interest to me. Stay Safe.

Gargon667

Mentor
I know they said that but I'm not sure this is true since my neighbourhood is still full cities that were already inactive when I started playing and that was over 3 years ago. Maybe the system (when active) doesn't clean the whole server at once but goes piece by piece and it hasn't reached my neighbourhood yet, but I still think that the big or diamond spending cities have an almost indefinite period of grace.

This is a good question. I don't know. I think it would make sense they are removed but since the new system doesn't delete them, just moves them far from the centre of the map where active cities should be I think they probably stay in a FS until they are kicked out by the AM.

As I understood it the cities that are removed are not actually placed again until they log in the next time, that means until then, they will not be on the map at all, they would not be searchable and also removed from their current FS.

I have seen a few inactive towns in my neighbourhood removed that had before been exempt from removal (high chapter or diamond spending). But far from all of them. My guess they have started removing the ones that are inactive, but above chapter 3, maybe even going chapter by chapter? But have left the diamond spenders untouched so far? Hard to say of course. All I can say for sure is that some have been removed under the new system, but most have not in my neighbourhood.

Gargon667

Mentor
that Algortithm must be a work in progress, as others have mantioned it probably produces far too many errors to have it run on autopilot through the servers, so the devs need to more or less do it manually. I hope one day they get it working properly. Would surely benefit the game a great deal to have smaller world maps with only active towns, while all the inactive towns would get "stored" away in some kind of shelf until they get back to playing actively...