• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Improvements to FS messaging system

DeletedUser6472

I would like to see some improvements to FS messaging system. My idea is to give AM an opportunity to "star" some FS threads, that we would like to keep. For example, we have a few threads, like Tournament and spire help and tips, that we would like to be a permanent feature and not to disappear forever after a few months (if not used), or if someone deleted them by mistake.

So, if AM is posting a thread that they would like to be a permanent one in a FS, they would "star" it and even if someone deletes it, it would reappear for them, as soon as someone posts something there. Any thread can be starred or un-starred at any time. If the star is removed, then the message "Are you sure..." should appear. I believe it’s not a hard thing to do, since we had it already done last year to all messages and reversed back, due to some complaints. In this case, only starred threads would be able to reappear. It would be even better to have a separate tab for starred FS messages.

Pauly7

Magus
People have been requesting improvements to the messaging system ever since I first started coming to these forums four and a half years. In that time they have made very little (or no?) improvement to the browser based messaging system. Despite the fact it was archaic, even back then, they haven't shown any enthusiasm to overhaul it or replace it... I've given up any hope, but it would still be great to see.

DeletedUser6472

Use discord :)
We tried to introduce discord, but it wasn't popular, besides I dislike it myself. I would rather like to have a better messaging system in the game. This is a section for ideas and I have put forward one, you don't have to comment if you have nothing to add.

Gargon667

Mentor
I did have something to add.

And btw if you don´t like your ideas to be commented on, you better not post them here. As that´s kinda the point...

No messaging system Inno will ever come up with will be as good as a specialized program. Also i am not opposed to a better messaging system at all, even if it never will be comparable to discord (or other such programs). But given how long it took Inno to add the most basic messaging system to the App, I would not hold my breath unless you can hold your breath for a couple of years of course.
So as a practical solution: Use another program for communication for the next couple of years and feel free to switch back to ingame then.

Long story short: use discord!

Pauly7

Magus
Discord is the perfect solution. Everyone can have the app, have it launch when they turn on their PCs, be able to message there whenever they play the game, you literally can't count the benefits over using the in-game chat and messaging system. You can even use it like Whatsapp on your phone.

However - if others are having the same experience as me - I find that the vast majority of players won't use it. Or more like, they will be registered and may just pop in there at certain times if they know there is something to see. People just don't want to run something separate to the game, no matter how easy it is.

DeletedUser6472

People just don't want to run something separate to the game, no matter how easy it is.
This is exactly the point, people don't want to run additional apps to play the game or communicate. Also, taking into consideration the age demographic of Elvenar players, discord is not that easy. I have some players that don't even have a smartphone.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
This is exactly the point, people don't want to run additional apps to play the game or communicate. Also, taking into consideration the age demographic of Elvenar players, discord is not that easy. I have some players that don't even have a smartphone.
Agree 100%.

The in-game messaging system needs a complete overhaul but there are a number of tweaks that could be made to it that would improve things greatly.

DeletedUser6472

Thank you Herodite, that's good to know. It gives me hope that something might be done, so that we could keep our chosen threads permanently.