• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Important Message about the Server Problems

DeletedUser3097

notice.png

DeletedUser

What bugs me, is that they are dumping these latests updates on the EN servers with very little notice. Once again, with 1.28, they announced it's arrival on the same day they put it out ( Tuesday ). We used to get a couple days notice before to prepare for any changes, which would have been really nice with the 1.27 ( Ancient Wonders ) update. The U.S. servers got notice of 1.28 being deployed on Monday with a scheduled update on Thursday. This is the kind of notification we were promised in the past, that seems to have disappeared lately.

We are not Beta. But it seems like they are treating our server like Beta, rushing out changes with no notice a couple of days ahead of the other servers to see what breaks. They should have their own private test servers to test their roll outs on or rename our severs Beta 2 and 3.

DeletedUser3032

I would like to think they have a sandbox mode on the servers or at least a sandbox server of their own to test things even before beta. I would presume they do. However, time is limited and they need to move onto other bugs and updates, so they are pretty much thrown onto beta without much thought or testing. As most updates are only to fix minor issues, such as building stats, wrong image placements etc they, in theory, shouldn't cause problems.

So it's likely this current problem is hardware related, as it's not affecting other servers around the world, just EN1 and 2.

DeletedUser

So it's likely this current problem is hardware related, as it's not affecting other servers around the world, just EN1 and 2.

Hard to tell, as the only other server I have a city on is the U.S. server and that is still on version 1.27. In this day and age you don't actually need different physical hardware to run all the different servers and multiple different language servers could be running on the same hardware so a hardware error could affect multiple language servers as well.

Whatever the cause, I hope they get it fixed soon, or my neighbors are just going to have to go a day without any neighborly help. :(

Aegnaer

Seeker
Also depends if they are running their own hardware or using 'virtual' servers from cloud providers such as Amazon etc.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

We have an update on this: we have just made some changes on Winyandor (not on Arendyll yet), and results are promising so far. Please let us know if you also see improvements, so that we know if we should also make the same changes on Arendyll or if we should continue looking for other solutions.

Thanks again for your patience - it is truly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Please let us know if you see improvements on Winyandor. :)

DeletedUser275

WHOOPEE !!!
It looks like it's sorted on EN2 and EN1

No errors and good speed too.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
Seems to work a lot faster/smoother now.

Tried a few things like collecting, setting up new productions, loading the map and other villages. No errors so far.

Speed is good too for me.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We're glad to hear that! Thanks for sharing. Please do let us know should you still encounter issues on Winyandor! :)

DeletedUser3034

I agree, all looks good on Winy, chat works , tourney battled ok, no errors :)

DeletedUser643

Arendyll working great now ... done tourney, productions, visits and opening messages and notifications without problems .. no errors ... even lag of 5-10 seconds is gone ..

DeletedUser3408

Please let us know if you see improvements on Winyandor. :)

im in Winyandor and still having issues even after the update im getting disconnected and i get server errors ever 5 minutes and the chat keeps disconnecting 2

DeletedUser2061

Have to disagree :( I can not stay connected for more than 2 or 3 minutes without a stream error and being kicked off :(