• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived I seem to be getting KP from nowhere

Bara Hun

Seeker
Hi! I'm not sure what's happening, but today I've been getting KP, seemingly out of nowhere.

First I got around 15, after that around 30, just now around 15. At first I thought I wasn't paying attention and it might have been from the May event or maybe from donating to an AW or something, but now I'm thinking it's some kind of glitch.
  1. (What exactly is the problem?) I seem to getting KP from an unknown source
  2. (Can you make the same problem occur more often?) I've gotten extra KP I think three times now today, but I don't know how.
  3. (On what world did you encounter this problem?) Wynyandor
  4. (When did you first experience the problem?) About 5 hours ago?
I have been switching from PC to iPad a few times during this problem. I wanted to fight some encounters manually on the PC. After reloading the game in my iPad I suddenly saw the extra KP.
I have a level 10 Coldfire Phoenix with a pet feed boost on, but in the last couple of hours I've only finished scouting one time. Maybe one of the times I've gotten KP was because I've gotten 14 KP from my Phoenix. (I was called away at that moment, and I can't remember if I've already spent that 14 KP from the Phoenix and gotten more afterwards or not.)
Maybe the Phoenix got triggered a few extra times somehow?

I have spent the extra KP on some research, so the KP timer could go on filling up again. I won't mind if the KP need to be subtracted again, but could you let me know and subtract that from specific research then? I put it in my Fairy Style Main Hall and Blossom Street research.

Bara Hun

Seeker
Yes, I've only played and finished one province worth of encounters, so that can't account for all the KP.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't suppose it could be from opening flowers in the May Tree event? Behind some of those is a 5KP, 10KP or 15KP prize. That can even be doubled if you'd first hit the 2x prize.

Bara Hun

Seeker
I haven't actually played the May event today, but at first I thought it could be event related because I sometimes found I get rewards with a delay, from the spire or a tournament. (Or maybe I just get the notification of the rewards late? Sometimes I think I only get the notification after completely shutting down the app and restarting it.
)
I can't remember opening many KP from the event yesterday too though, and I didn't get a 2x reward either as far as I remember.

Pauly7

Magus
This seems like quite an unlikely theory, but there is sometimes a delay between an action on the app and totals being updated. If the app is struggling to communicate with the server it sometimes lets you pick up items that don't actually get credited to your account until the connection is restored. I guess in theory you could have opened flowers this way, not realised the app wasn't communicating then closed the app down, only to find your rewards appearing next time you opened it... As I say this seems quite unlikely.

Bara Hun

Seeker
Hmm, maybe something like that did happen?
I have been triggering my Coldfire Phoenix multiple times yesterday evening with time boosts, to maximise the number of KP I can get from 1 pet feeding. I did actually get a bad wi-fi warning a few times while playing then and at one time it also completely disconnected. So if somehow those triggers didn't reach the server then, could they have been credited today?

Pauly7

Magus
I think that's possible, if the server was being sketchy that day. If I was feeding a Phoenix, though, and then boosting scouts in order to collect KP, I feel like I would be noticing each 14KP that I was supposed to have. I'd want to use it right away to make sure the KP timer can move. If you think you could've missed 2 or 3, though, I think it's possible that you could've not seen them until you logged in next, if you went straight out of the app after the scouts completed.

Of course you could raise a ticket with Support, but in this case you might be better off to just accept them.

Bara Hun

Seeker
Definitely. I did get the 14KP every time I scouted and then I used those right away for research to keep the timer running just as you said. Want to maximise my progress every way I can. =)

I would assume that if all those actions didn't reach the server somehow, then me putting the KP I into my research should not have reached the server as well, so that should probably have been reset as well. I honestly wouldn't know that though, since I didn't keep too close track of how many KP was left in research after I was done, also because it was pretty late at night and I was a bit distracted with my son as well.

Oh, if this could be caused by a glitch yesterday, then I should add that I was playing on android on my smartphone at that time, because I forgot my iPad at work. Don't know if that could have any effect...

I don't know how to raise a ticket with support actually, I couldn't find any option for that in the app, so that's why I posted this thread. Can I do that through the PC version of the game? I'll keep an eye out for if anything weird happens again in the near future and if this keeps happening, I will try and raise a ticket.

In the meantime, I'm just glad that there is a possibility that I actually earned those KP, however slight that might be. Thanks for your insights, Pauly7! =)

Edit: whoops, I just reread Valania's bug reporting tips and I see I completely missed the bolded out Support Team bit... Well, now I know how to contact support... XP

Edit 2: I just logged into the game again and I suddenly have 28 KP in my KP pool. It's only been a few hours since I last started up the game (which was when I made this thread). I don't think any KP got subtracted from my research. The 28 KP does make this seem Phoenix related...

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I would assume that if all those actions didn't reach the server somehow, then me putting the KP I into my research should not have reached the server as well, so that should probably have been reset as well.
Again it seems unlikely to me, but I couldn't rule it out personally.
Edit: whoops, I just reread Valania's bug reporting tips and I see I completely missed the bolded out Support Team bit... Well, now I know how to contact support... XP
I was going to say, just look at the quick links on the right hand side of the forum main page.
Edit 2: I just logged into the game again and I suddenly have 28 KP in my KP pool. It's only been a few hours since I last started up the game (which was when I made this thread). I don't think any KP got subtracted from my research. The 28 KP does make this seem Phoenix related...
If it's 28 I would say that's almost certainly 2 x Coldfire Phoenix bonus. Hopefully they were just late appearing.

Bara Hun

Seeker
Thanks for pointing out the quick link, Pauly7! Very handy to know. =)

Also taking into account any KP I may have won from the May event (both from flowers and the grand prize) and from my buildings and crafting, this should be about it for anything appearing late. If I seem to get "free" KP again, I'll contact support. Thanks again! =)