• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Hugs?

DeletedUser107

So.... I have been playing this game for a few weeks now (a month I think) and I am not sure where the game is going.

Having come from Tribal Wars where there is a combative element I am at a loss as to what the object of the game is.

It seems it is possible to progress without any interaction with anyone else. By just exisiting I accumulate knowledge points which I can use for various upgrades.

If I build the correct level of buildings I can keep on building more. There are resources which means they have to be managed but that is not too difficult.

Eventually I will be able to research everything and upgrade everything, all with no interaction with any other player.

If I want to interact then I can, but it is only possible to help them. Trading is not difficult and there is a small advantage that can be had but that is not exciting.

The battles to obtain relics can be automated and it is just a matter of the most troops wins - eventually. The battles if run personally are the same, just a tad more intersting.

So I come back to my original point - what is the point of the game?

Is there any win scenario? If so how is it achieved.

To me this seems like tribal hugs.

Please tell me if I have missed something or is it just a matter of time until everything is full or maxed out and I have nothing else to do!

DeletedUser23

No war does it say anything about needing pvp battles to "win" the game. This isn't such a game like Tribal Wars and FoE. If you want PvP and to "win" by fighting everyone else then you'd be best to play the game that cater to that play style.

Here, "winning" is by researching, building a large city, fully upgrading all the buildings, getting rank points, maximising exploration etc. It's a relaxed city builder.

DeletedUser107

So - only point in playing is to see if you can make it to the end. Not a stretch or worry.

Thanks.

Will give up wasting my time.

DeletedUser

The point of the game is to have fun. If you're not having fun, don't bother play it. Bye bye :p

DeletedUser

I don't think this game is fully shaped yet. This game is just 1 month old (plus the alpha and beta tests that are bit older). So I guess the direction isn't set so far and game designers are watching what's going on, what can be improved etc. InnoGames can surprise by what they are able to (unless they do GvG in here :p ). I'll simply wait to see where we go. It's not wasting time in my opinion as other games I can start at any time, and having pleasure of playing here or there doesn't depend on the final goals. I do not pay to play here, so what I loose that I'd regret?

I enjoy this game so far, and I am a winner already: I did not give up at the tutorial stage where most of my competitors has fallen :)

DeletedUser

I enjoy that we Don't PvP!!! I like helping the other players and I can not wait for Friendships! I like that its fun and not fight all the time. I will keep playing this game I enjoy!!!