• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Huge jump in quest difficulty for x-mas event.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I have been grinding very hard this event, consuming boosters, magic, and even some diamonds. However, I figure I got to the end of the non-bonus phase.

The jump in difficulty is extremely substantial, and the prize sucks. I do not get the point of giving a worse price for much harder events.

Witness yourself:
wow.JPG

The prior quest gave me 57 ribbons I think for a ton of supplies.

Thoughts?

Timneh

Artisan
To be fair the announcement did say that the bonus quests would be much harder for a poorer reward so it should not have come as a surprise really.

CaptObvious

Seeker
As per the official announcement you are now in the bonus section

The bonus section follows right after the regular section and contains significantly harder quests, while granting a relatively small reward. This is aimed at the players who managed to finish the quest line and are still looking to continue working getting even more Red Ribbons until the event ends.

You are now enjoying the reward for dedication and playing hard and completing the easy section - congratulations. JFK's "the fruits of victory would be ashes in our mouth" seams appropriate

Out of curiosity because I am sure a lot of people viewing this thread will be wondering as well, how many evolving artifacts did you have when you reached the bonus section?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
TheTo be fair, the announcement did say that the bonus quests would be much harder for a poorer reward, so it should not have come as a surprise really.

No surprise. But I would assume it would happen AFTER; you get the last level up item (I am 15 to get another Ice Lindworm, then a level up item, and then another mansion. Here is where I would expect that having it as "next prize," this advised jump would trigger. I am not surprised by it; I am surprised it happened a bit sooner than it was fair to trigger. I honestly concern for other players. In my end, only out of getting one ribbon every while I will probably make it to the level up, and if I don't, FA will take care of it. But it will be an issue for some players...

As per the official announcement you are now in the bonus section

The bonus section follows right after the regular section and contains significantly harder quests while granting a relatively small reward. This is aimed at the players who managed to finish the questline and are still looking to continue working, getting even more Red Ribbons until the event ends.

You are now enjoying the reward for dedication and playing hard and completing the easy section - congratulations. JFK's "the fruits of victory would be ashes in our mouth" seems appropriate

Out of curiosity, because I am sure a lot of people viewing this thread will be wondering as well, how many evolving artifacts did you have when you reached the bonus section?

I had eight evolving artifacts. At this moment, my Mansion is level 9. 5/20 for the Ice Lindworm, then, the last level up item. Then a new Mansion (where I assumed that bonus would start.)

DeletedUser8409

That's concerning that it's early. Especially if Elvengems is right is there seriously no Vision Vapor alternative to Scouting? I'm near the end of the tech tree and have 5 day scouts.

CaptObvious

Seeker
I had eight evolving artifacts. At this moment, my Mansion is level 9. 5/20 for the Ice Lindworm, then, the last level up item. Then a new Mansion (where I assumed that bonus would start.)
That is good to know for people that want to fully evolve their building. I was worried that the bonus section would cut in at about 6 or 7 artifacts. making the level 10 building very hard to get instead of just old fashion hard to get. But being back to 20 ribbons for each task will slow things down for the last artifact even without the tasks getting harder. Good luck :)

Killiak

Artisan

There's your problem; you assumed something.

The problem lies in the fact that getting bricks is random. If you are lucky you will get lots of bricks and make it up to the level 10 Mansion before the end of the regular section. Seems you were slightly below Inno's expected average then.

DeletedUser8409

I wouldn't put it past Inno for that to be the intended average to encourage players to pay for the final Artifact. We won't know without more data.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Maybe Inno heard? I have now basic tasks again, plus the harder ones (check both globins on the left, and a regular quest with 41 ribbons). If so, thank you Inno.

odd.JPG

Very nice nonetheless to say. And it's more than one, as I did before this one a neighborly help quest.

Errandil

Conjurer
Now that's a really interesting turn of event. I also have now two quests for 41 ribbons each. Wonder if it's a bug due to update or it's intentional. I it's the latter then it's still worse than the previous event, but much less so. I could live with this quest system if they return rotating chests.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
It is a bug, sadly... (It would be way to kind from them).

I was going to deliver the 41 one. It gave me only 20 and disappeared. I am back to only one of them, "Bonus Quest", that is asking for the 9 hours items with 20 ribbons as the first screenshot...

So, for last level, BONUS is a must...

Deleted User - 1759805

I wouldn't put it past Inno for that to be the intended average to encourage players to pay for the final Artifact. We won't know without more data.
There is no need to speculate, it works as intended. Here is a quote from Elvenar team member on beta:

It shouldn't be about make it easy and give us everything we want. It should be a challenge so its interesting for almost everyone, and some might fail the challenge just by a bit, and those could then decide to go for it after all, if they are willing to spend some money. (last day promotions are meant for that).

AstralSoul

Illusionist
If it was me:

Regular - Ensure 9 level up items.

Bonus - Forget about a second mansion. One expiring building, 2x 30 Ancient Knowledge, Other Expiring building, 1x 50% PP. Real prizes, beyond the event, and hard to earn.

This way, it is only the last level up that becomes a headache, you pass on it. During FA you will your 9th item... it is kind of silly to do it like this. And people with worse rolls will be frustrated.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't see much wrong with it. Essentially you have finished the quest line. The bonus section is just designed to let you have something to keep you occupied, if you choose, when you finish very quickly (that's in response to previous complaints.)

As for only having 8 artefacts, well that does suck for you, but I would call it luck of the draw. In events of years gone by it would be almost impossible for people to win the top prize without spending diamonds. As you have got most of the way there then I don't see it is pitched particularly badly as you still have about 20 days left to play in the bonus section and finish off your house.

I think that players winning numerous copies of top grand prizes is probably bad for the game so if extra ones are only really available to diamond spenders then that seems about right to me.

DeletedUser6460

I left 1 world - #1 fs because of the fact things are becoming arduous for little gain or fun. Takes so long to do things now and have bought diamonds in the past but see no point now - anything I might want has soared in cost. Great game for the beginning chapters but then becomes - actually unpleasant. Things have odd times that do match other things and other things take so long - it is absurd. This game in later chapters becomes an obligation - with no fun. These special events - work hard for really crummy rewards. And the chance to win the daily reward has become more and more unlikely. So this former customer will not buy anything to be made to feel like I can get nowhere with any speed. The only thing that has kept me is the people. This game is just getting to be a misery - and not just for me. I now have several friends that I email and/or play another game with. So will be easier for me to make the final break from this site

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I don't see much wrong with it. Essentially you have finished the quest line. The bonus section is just designed to let you have something to keep you occupied, if you choose, when you finish very quickly (that's in response to previous complaints.)

As for only having 8 artefacts, well that does suck for you, but I would call it luck of the draw. In events of years gone by it would be almost impossible for people to win the top prize without spending diamonds. As you have got most of the way there then I don't see it is pitched particularly badly as you still have about 20 days left to play in the bonus section and finish off your house.

I think that players winning numerous copies of top grand prizes is probably bad for the game so if extra ones are only really available to diamond spenders then that seems about right to me.

Trust me, it did not suck for me. I got mostly 2 and 3 bricks per roll, I consider myself I was about 80% lucky. If 100 was top luck, I managed 90. I got little times "1 brick" per hammer. I got a fair amount of reshuffles, as well as 100, 150 ribbons (and a couple of times multiplied x2)

I am seeing most people getting less than eight artifacts to be honest... and check again in 20 days, you will see.

To add to the bonus. A few advices. Keep 7/8 provinces (it is what I did and paid off)
After the 1- Awful 9 hour x2 quest, I got:

2 - Complete a province
3 - A lot of supplies, but magic allowed.
4 - Pet food or complete a provinces (add to the brown bear even if no panda fed, save the provinces)
5 - 3x CC (good thing I have two libraries with a gate, and CC crafting non-stop).
6 - Coins (magic allowed)
7 - Complete a province.
8 - 5 x 3 hour any boosted tier, current level manufacturer. (And working in this one.)

And as expected, 20 ribbons a pop. I have 202... If I am positive and count two steps per hammer, about 750 ribbons total to complete it. So, I'd say that for the last level up (bonus only), you will need between 600-1000 ribbons depending on your luck. I'll keep updating.

Last edited: