• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Huge jump in quest difficulty for x-mas event.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I've just reached the bonus section of the event, and I do have something positive to say :eek:

Although the ribbon win is small, almost all of the annoying quests that stop my normal gameplay are gone, so I can just play as normal. E.g, No bonus quest can be done with tourney, so I can just work through that as normal. No neighbour help, so when I spend all my coins in the spire I don't need to leave some unvisited cities, etc etc.

One of my big issues with endless quests was that I used to enjoy doing main quest line in 3,4,5,6 days or whatever, then playing as normal and the one daily quest didn't interrupt normal gameplay - this event will be very similar because of the low ribbon prize meaning there is little motivation to push, and the type of quests not getting in the way. So, this event is more like the old old style for me - a little less than a week of trying hard, then potter along for the remaining 3 weeks. :cool:

Last edited:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
To add to my prior post:
9th was CC (I had them)
10th was complete province or pet food (went with the second ofc)
11th basket of groceries (did them all with enchanted Magic Workshop 8h and 1h booster, I was low on tools anyway-)
12th complete province (I have several 7/8 waiting, overscouting a lot.)
13th is 9 figurines, something that as LazyTony said right above, goes by normal play.

I used the hammers, the first five where x3, then a couple of x2, then one 3x and a dry spell 6 of x1... I am 13 bricks away to get the 9th level up item. I have one present to open, four left unopened on the board, no reshuffle, no ribbon bonus showed up, so I have high chances for more ribbons. (But my wife likes to tell me which one to open, so waiting on that hehe.)

So, it is sort of a break, but at the same time, it requires you to "do your duties with priority" (same applies for successful real-life business.) If you get to the bonus on the 4th or 3rd day left as some suggest, you are busted, period.

However, it is easy to overdo it still. I still have two mermaid's (lv10, level6), and while the level 10 ginger might eventually replace that level 6, I could even have a second mansion too, but it's not like its a fire phoenix... so one is enough.

It is good to chill with still 20 days to go :) I agree with Tony (I like to do my visits at a certain hour, etc and the normal quests got in the way as you well said.)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3571

One thing no one has said is that you can get 20-30 ribbons from around your city every day, which will help bring the amount closer to 9 evolutions. (im sure inno takes this into consideration,)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
One thing no one has said is that you can get 20-30 ribbons from around your city every day, which will help bring the amount closer to 9 evolutions. (im sure inno takes this into consideration,)

Those are good o one, two tops if you grab that building. I did mention that out of those you may do the last one :)

Sir Derf

Adept
1 artifact = 2 Grand Prizes = 40 Gingerbread Bricks = 14-40 Hammers = 14-40 presents = 700-2000 ribbons.

30 ribbons/day would provide 700 ribbons in just over 3 weeks of collection, which is the bare minimum ribbons to give an additional Artifact.

Every little bit helps, but try not to overestimate particular contributions.

DeletedUser8409

1 artifact = 2 Grand Prizes = 40 Gingerbread Bricks = 14-40 Hammers = 14-40 presents = 700-2000 ribbons.

30 ribbons/day would provide 700 ribbons in just over 3 weeks of collection, which is the bare minimum ribbons to give an additional Artifact.

Every little bit helps, but try not to overestimate particular contributions.
Don't forget presents can contain more ribbons so 700 may go further than that. 700 ribbons is 14 presents which will almost certainly include at least a Shuffle (so 50 more ribbons) if not a 200 or something else.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well, I got another complete a province (lots of those), and now is aking for 8 breads (leveled workshop ofc), so it will be fine.

I have a dry spell of 11 hammers = 1 brick in a row, but I am 9 bricks to the last level up, maybe in 1-4 days (depending on the quests), it will be done. Bonus are not that awful, but it has bad ones as I am sure it has toolboxes... so it is luck too.

Sir Derf

Adept
Don't forget presents can contain more ribbons so 700 may go further than that. 700 ribbons is 14 presents which will almost certainly include at least a Shuffle (so 50 more ribbons) if not a 200 or something else.
And you don't forget that 700 was the barest minimum - It required 14 consecutive 3-brick hammers, a 1 in 3^14, or 0.00002% chance occurrence. An average 2-brick/hammer rate would need about 1000 ribbons,

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I am still in Fairies, so no five days. I completed today my mansion (got a 200 ribbon prize) and it's level 10. I have zero bricks and 54 ribbons.

Next grand price is another mansion as we all know, I do not want it, I would rather get 20 AKP to drop in the Monastery, for example. So, it will sit in the book as a memory haha.

There is 21 days left worth of event and I have the homework done. Bonus quests are nice since as some said above, it allows normal gameplay. So, it will be getting some more extra prizes (food, and expiring buildings the best to get now).

But asks for stuff like beverages, so it is nice. It happened to slam a bad one out of the bat.

Vorbog

Adventurer
I am new to the game, I am playing it only for a few days.
I have a quest to collect 900 planks in order to receive 24 ribbons. I have 6 planks manufactory, which produce 14 planks per 3 hours (planks are my boosted goods). I have to wait 30+ hours for 24 ribbons. It is insane! I only can imagine if it wasn't my boosted goods and I have to wait 3 hours for 5 items or so. Not to mention that it is impossible to try to win the daily exclusive, because you can't play that day.
Is it always so almost impossible to play the events?
I am playing almost non-stop, and I can not see my self to reach level 10, like ever.

Pauly7

Magus

Usually these quarterly events are super easy... painfully so. As a new player you are joining at Inno's experimental time, unfortunately, following Autumn and Summer events where some people won the grand prize 5 or 6 times over.

I agree that some of those goods collection quests seem excessively high. I've had some that take me a day to get through, but I understand it is worse for newer players.

DeletedUser3571

if i had to guess they didn't take into account that people at the beginning don't have full relic bonus of 700%

DeletedUser8632

I have a quest to collect 900 planks in order to receive 24 ribbons. I have 6 planks manufactory, which produce 14 planks per 3 hours (planks are my boosted goods). I have to wait 30+ hours for 24 ribbons. It is insane! I only can imagine if it wasn't my boosted goods and I have to wait 3 hours for 5 items or so. Not to mention that it is impossible to try to win the daily exclusive, because you can't play that day.
I am playing almost non-stop, and I can not see my self to reach level 10, like ever.

From 5th December:
PPS: If you have a low chapter city somewhere between Chapter 2 and Chapter 4, do yourself a favor and ignore the whole thing.

From what I have seen, the production quests are not the only problem. Somebody needs to explain to me how a chapter 3 city is supposed to repeatedly produce 20 or 25 Vision Vapor. Or buy 10+ KP over and over again?

Maybe low chapter players simply don't deserve prizes?

Pauly7

Magus
From what I have seen, the production quests are not the only problem. Somebody needs to explain to me how a chapter 3 city is supposed to repeatedly produce 20 or 25 Vision Vapor. Or buy 10+ KP over and over again?

Maybe low chapter players simply don't deserve prizes?

Is it any harder for lower chapter players to buy KP? I don't remember it being difficult back then. KPs didn't cost 1.8m each!

FieryArien

Necromancer
Is it any harder for lower chapter players to buy KP? I don't remember it being difficult back then. KPs didn't cost 1.8m each!
Yes, it is. I started a city in June, so I still remember how an event is with a small city. Repeated need to buy KPs for event quests was indeed an issue for me.
- The price grows faster for a small city. (Just compare percentage increase from 50k -> 55k versus increase from 1M to 1M and 5k after buying KPs for a quest.)
- There are fewer Coin Rains available. (Didn’t have that many opportunities to get them.)
- Too small number of neighbors to raise significant amount of coins from helping them.
- (Not my problem, but) a lot of people don’t even keep up with main hall upgrades, because they take away so much population. That makes coin instants and helping other players less efficient.
- Low level residences have shorter production cycle which means you lose coins if you don’t log in often enough.

Pauly7

Magus
All valid points @FieryArien, but... 50k (or 500 coins) is much less money than 1.8m.

My own experience of being an "early-gamer" (which was a while ago now) is that I could happily buy 20KP or more from a filled Main Hall. So yes, of course there are less coins to collect and less coin rains to be won and less people to exchange NH with, but the price of KP starts out so cheaply (500 coins?) that those first few events were relatively easy in that regard.... even though back then that was one of the main topics of complaint - people didn't want "buy KP" as an event quest.

Now I know that nothing is a constant - some early game players may have already bought KP way too quickly, plus I am sure there are many people that are at my stage and don't have a KP price-tag as high as 1.8m, plus there are massive differences in early or late game as to how many discovered neighbours some might have, but right now for me, if I get a "buy 10KP" quest then there is no way to do it without coin rains (let's assume it is the second one of the day and I already spent all my NH on the first one). I'm not complaining as I do have coin rains and buying KP is a fairly low-impact ask, plus it always gives good progression bonus to your city... Nonetheless I don't think it is cut and dried how difficult buying KP is just based on someone's city size.

DeletedUser8632

All valid points @FieryArien, but... 50k (or 500 coins) is much less money than 1.8m.

My own experience of being an "early-gamer" (which was a while ago now) is that I could happily buy 20KP or more from a filled Main Hall. So yes, of course there are less coins to collect and less coin rains to be won and less people to exchange NH with, but the price of KP starts out so cheaply (500 coins?) that those first few events were relatively easy in that regard.... even though back then that was one of the main topics of complaint - people didn't want "buy KP" as an event quest.

Now I know that nothing is a constant - some early game players may have already bought KP way too quickly, plus I am sure there are many people that are at my stage and don't have a KP price-tag as high as 1.8m, plus there are massive differences in early or late game as to how many discovered neighbours some might have, but right now for me, if I get a "buy 10KP" quest then there is no way to do it without coin rains (let's assume it is the second one of the day and I already spent all my NH on the first one). I'm not complaining as I do have coin rains and buying KP is a fairly low-impact ask, plus it always gives good progression bonus to your city... Nonetheless I don't think it is cut and dried how difficult buying KP is just based on someone's city size.

You need to look at @FieryArien's arguments and put them in context of an event. I have a Chapter 4 city and had to buy KP seven times now. By the 5th time I wasn't able to buy all the required KPs anymore even with a completely full main hall. It takes longer to get the gold back, houses don't produce nearly enough, you have nowhere near enough neighbours to get the gold back (and the neighbour visits don't pay out much either). Now you also need a lot of your gold to upgrade buildings and research and it is entirely possible to be stuck for 2+ days on a "Buy 20KP" quest.

On top of that, and probably more worrying long term is that the constant repetition of "Buy KP" quests pushes the prices for KP beyond any reasonable limits for players who don't rush through chapters. I have a chapter 9 city for which I have never bought KP EXCEPT for events and the price of 1 KP is now more than 10% of my main hall capacity - just from fulfilling quest requirements.

Edit: New players also don't have the big gold producers like previous event buildings and higher level Golden Abyss for example.

Timneh

Artisan
I don't mind buying a few KP for event quests but when the buy KP quests come up every third or fourth quest it gets a bit too much. I quit the event when i got the ninth buy KP quest, one of my fellows got to the fourteenth time before they quit. I think they should limit the number of times that quest can come up or reduce the number of KP that needs to be bought to 3.