• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How to make up for neglected military and boosted goods

DeletedUser5405

Hi all,

Ugh. When I first started playing Elvenar I totally neglected my military because (not having discovered the Elvenar Wiki or educated myself in any way :rolleyes: ) I thought it meant that I would have to battle other players and I wasn't interested in doing that. I had no idea that military would come to play such a crucial role in the game. In my Aren city I am at chapter 3. I am still trying to rebalance my economy because I only learned about the importance of boosted goods last week. I'd been trying to cram in all the different manufactories, not just my boosted ones! Ditto trading. Basically, in terms of Elvenar, I am a moron. :(

Anyway, I am now really struggling with province expansion and tournaments because my military is puny. I have built the training grounds, I have several armouries to try to speed up troop production. Any time I venture a military encounter and lose I end up with ZERO troops, it can wipe them all out. I am getting a bit fed up with it, although it is of course all my own fault. I can usually muster two squads of each type. I make sure I choose troops that are strongest against each type of opposing troops.

What do I do? It's really hindering my progress. It takes me ages to get the goods to buy a province, ditto to train troops needed for the same purpose. Any tips please?

DeletedUser3097

For help with fighting, I recommend this guide: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.3276/ You don't have to fight your way to gain provinces- it is possible to succeed in Elvenar using the catering route.

It is important that you don't try to expand too quickly on the world map as it ends up being expensive. At the start of each chapter is always some research called Advanced Scouts. This 'reduces your scouting costs significantly. Lower scouting costs decrease negotiation costs and enemy army sizes'. If you open provinces too quickly, you will pay more to complete them.

To make more space in your city, try:

• Remove and replace any culture buildings with ones which give more culture per square.
  • Place buildings which don't need road access behind others (culture/ builder's hut)
  • Place same sized buildings next to each other.
  • Focus only on building your boosted factories. Trade to gain the other goods.
  • Your boosted goods can be boosted up to 700% so work on gaining relics to achieve this (tournaments and daily chests from visiting are a good source of relics). An ancient wonder (Mountain Halls) can be build after you have progressed further into the game and this will boost production further.
You may find this city planner useful: Elven Architect

Happy city-building! :supply::coin::supply:

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Finzi after seeing your village on the map your boosted goods are : Planks, magic dust ans scrolls. You can see what boosted goods a player has by going to the world map an scroll your mouse North, South East and South West. You will see what are the boosted goods.

Like Lizzie told you : Better to have only boosted goods plants and trade with other members of your Fellowship for the other goods you need. So I would get rid of those marble plants that you have ( when I write this) and focus on planks instead..

DeletedUser1829

What do I do? It's really hindering my progress. It takes me ages to get the goods to buy a province, ditto to train troops needed for the same purpose. Any tips please?

Hi Finzi,
You mention you are in chapter 3, this sadly is one of the hardest chapters for combat on the world map. The first few chapters are very hard for world map combat and progression. Most players have no choice but to negotiate provinces at this stage of the game as fights are impossible even if you do everything perfect. Tournaments however have fixed squad sizes that are much smaller than your world map squads (start at 5% of your normal squad size). This will let you learn combat with fewer losses and the difficulty scales up each round so you can test your ability a little bit more as you learn.

You will find you are actually on-track and don't need to restart, you would just find the same problem. Here are some tips to help you work through combat on the world map.

In terms of the world map:
  • Only scout the minimum number of provinces in a chapter. You need the advanced scout tech to drop the difficulty which only works on unscouted provinces.
    • In later chapters once province difficulty is down to very easy, easy or medium you can scout more than the minimum provinces
  • Research all squad size technologies even the optional ones. This will make tournament losses greater but at your chapter level and with how squad sizes work it would be minimal and will have a huge effect on your ability to start combat on the world map. You can always skip optional techs a little later if you so choose.
  • You will need to negotiate a lot of provinces which is a pain. On tournament weeks that are your boosted goods go as hard as you can to get relics with your troops so your boost increases quicker making good production better
  • learn when you should and should not do a fight. Some fights are meant to be impossible to win and trying them will just cost you troops and make you frustrated
  • Learn which troops are best to use. The in-game tips are ok but they highlight units that your troops are neutral and goods against which can be a little misleading. You want to be using the best options for the best results

If you choose this approach, do NOT activate any Squad Size upgrades in the Research tree. They will make it more difficult to fight tournaments, and you don't need them if you cater the world map.

The correct word is more expensive. Tournament difficulty is fixed and is not affected by the technology tree in terms of squad sizes.

DeletedUser

Finzi You can see what boosted goods a player has by going to the world map an scroll your mouse North, South East and South West. You will see what are the boosted goods.

Could you explain this please? I tried it and nothing happened.

DeletedUser

Hi Finzi,
The correct word is more expensive. Tournament difficulty is fixed and is not affected by the technology tree in terms of squad sizes.

This is confusing. Some people advice not to activate squad size tech in research and I've been avoiding as many as I can. I thought that if my squad sizes increase then the enemys will too. Is this not the case then?

DeletedUser1829

This is confusing. Some people advice not to activate squad size tech in research and I've been avoiding as many as I can. I thought that if my squad sizes increase then the enemys will too. Is this not the case then?

The enemy squad size is a fixed ratio to your squad size in tournaments. So if your squad size doubles than so does theirs, an example is round 1 in province 1 verse province 10 as your squad size in province 10 is double province 5 but the difficulty is the same.

Difficulty is determined for the most part by the ratio of your squads to enemy squads. The reason people suggest not to research optional squad techs is due to cost (although they often use the word difficulty). If your squad size doubles the losses you encounter in theory would be double even though the difficulty has not changed, losing 1 squad of 5 verses 1 squad of 10 is more costly but the same difficulty.

There are places in the game where it is potentially more beneficial to research the optional techs than to ignore them as their impact on the provincial fights can be of far higher benefit than the increased cost in tournaments.

alsael

Enchanter
You can have 3 cities in 3 diffrent worlds with one acc.They all share diamonds though.So,spending diamonds in one,affects the other cities also

QFol2

Conjurer
I think Mykan was correct - if you lose 1 squad that has more troops in it (10 troops) because your squad size is higher, it will cost you more (time, supplies) to replace than 1 squad with a smaller squad size (5 troops).

AstralSoul

Illusionist
  • In later chapters once province difficulty is down to very easy, easy or medium you can scout more than the minimum provinces

Yep, it makes a huge difference, I noticed in beta, because in my regular city, I think, besides the first week, I have never seen less than Very Hard (a few months back some "hards, and even yellow ones, but not anymore, my next chapter chest requires 220 provinces, and I have 314 ahha.

I am a fighter tho (auto). Five armories, Needles almost level 30, growing bulwark and SSS too, and barracks burning 24/7, sometimes with bear.