• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How to make events more challenging. Yet fair to all

DeletedUser8844

So this new event has really thrown a wrench into how the game works.

People who don't have their goods high enough or workshops at needed level as well.

I get inno's idea. However it wasn't executed properly.

Another way would have been to scale the required production of X good by the chapter you are in.

So if at chapter 1 you need 10 beverages.

Every chapter after you need 5 or 10 more.

But only need a tier 1 building.

It then scales to make it more difficult for older players. But doesn't punish you for not having high level goods or workshops.

Because for myself I have ZERO workshops besides tier 1.
My endless excavation and prosperity towers fill most of my supply needs.
Visits and a few set buildings top up the rest. I still have too much coming in...

DeletedUser4149

right. they could make supply instants not count for those supply quests since those would make things too easy.
really, i think adding instants for every little thing was a bad idea in the 1st place and took a lot of the challenge out of event quests a long time ago. so they had to think of new ways to make things more challenging.
if they wanna put speedbumps in the quests to limit prizes, they should have quests to gain fallen keys.
you're totally right. quests to produce from high level buildings contradict the whole idea of building an efficient city, since there are a few ways to produce things that are more efficient than high level factories and shops. for example, they already had to make an exception for magic shops. that reduced the number of keys awarded per quest. they still need to fix things for people who built wonders and mermaids and not just for their big spending customers.

DeletedUser5093

140 beverages for a chapter 14 player? Umm... no
The numbers need a bit of a tweak, but the concept is otherwise sound. It would make sense to have quest difficulty scale by chapter. We already see it with collecting quantities of goods. I think it should also apply to things like how many productions are made, or encounters completed.

Timneh

Artisan
I think the devs also need to take into consideration the fact that because of some of the prizes gained from previous events and AWs (as stated above) there are a lot of players that no longer have a need for more than 1 or 2 workshops and manufactories.