• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How to get more Orcs?

Andrastre

Novice
Hi all, I’ve just finished the anumi chapter i‘m constantly running out of orcs. I have 3 maxed armouries, 3 orc strategists & 2 orcs grounds for my current level. Is there any AW’s that give orcs, if not, how many armouri would you recommend. I do fight more than than I negotiate as crystal & silk resources are scarce in my world. TIA

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Andrastre Keep an eye out for Orc Nests in your Magic Academy! I find them a decent source of Orcs! It's also only a 4x2 Building so doesn't take up too much space. I have 6 in my City in addition to Two Maxed Armories. The Brown Bear also gives them :)

I have some buildings from last years Halloween Event as well that grant a good amount. I would definitely recommend the Nests though.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Hi @Andrastre, I'm coming to the end of chapter 16 with 3 mil orcs - I've got 5 fully upgraded armouries - no orc nests. Like @Herodite I have some orc giving buildings from last years halloween event - the mausoleum wedding and the scare carriage, check your inventory, you may have some from that event, assuming you were playing then, they make good temporary orc buildings. good luck. :)

SkyRider99

Mentor
Even in Ch 18 you'll need a host of orcs. I lose a lot in tournaments (fighting + catering), and in training grounds. Armories that have been upgraded to the highest possible level help me the most.

Sir Derf

Adept
+1 to Armories, both for producing Orcs and for producing regular troops. Consider building a few more that you can move out and in with teleports when needs arise.

Craftable Orc Nests are also nice.

Do be aware that Orc Strategists and Orc Grounds give the warrior forms, not the generic resource type. Of course, they don't use up generic types, so they're not an orc sink, but mentioning having them while asking about amassing orcs is a bit of a mixed signal.

Gargon667

Mentor
Hi all, I’ve just finished the anumi chapter i‘m constantly running out of orcs. I have 3 maxed armouries, 3 orc strategists & 2 orcs grounds for my current level. Is there any AW’s that give orcs, if not, how many armouri would you recommend. I do fight more than than I negotiate as crystal & silk resources are scarce in my world. TIA

If your town tells you that you need more, then the best is to oblige :)

How much more you need depends on your town and style. So just get started and keep working on it till your town says something else :)

There are only 2 real sources of orcs for resources:

Armories and event buildings (Orc nests in crafting permanently, others during events)

All other sources of Orcs (like heroes forge) are much lower efficiency and not to be used for orc production.

Sir Derf

Adept
Something something Orc smell, something something Toucan Sam...

Sorry. There's a joke in there somewhere, but I can't quite get the pieces to fit.