• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How to continue after reaching the 457 Provinces?

• Thread starter DeletedUser6813
  • Start date

DeletedUser6813

Okay, so I currently have 424 provinces, and due to hit the 457 limit in the next few months.

A significant proportion of my goods go towards negotiating provinces, and in the near future.... this requirement will disappear. For anyone who has hit this limit, how have you changed your game strategy? Is there still scope for taking provinces in events? Have you reduced good production, or diverted it to tournaments?

DeletedUser

I've cleared 512 provinces in my main, I also have another 18 which are scouted but uncleared. However, I've now stopped scouting. I was using my boosted goods to build a decent buffer as I'll be selling most of them for the new guest race.

The amount of goods isn't really a problem as we can store as many as we have, but gold is more of an issue... my kp now costs 1654k and I don't want to make that worse as we do have events which are demanding that we buy kp. I've started to use the gold to buy non-boosted goods, when my gold is full (27000k) I use it to buy 18k of each of the non-boosted T1 goods.

I very rarely use goods in tournaments, I'm a pure auto-fighter and that way works best for me as I have neither the time nor enthusiasm to manually fight, plus I'm totally clueless as to what goes where!

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
I've moved this to the General Discussion forum section, as this is more of a discussion on what to do (strategy-wise) than a question with a clear answer. :)

Konniver

Bard
As others have touched on, 457 is simply the "limit" where you can no longer unlock expansions and there are various reasons to keep scouting and completing provinces. Currently, these ancient wonders are affected by the number of provinces completed or each time you scout:

Scouting wonders

Tome of Secrets - Rewards supplies per scout
Enars Embassy - Rewards mana per scout

Complete provinces wonders

Endless Excavation - Rewards relics when completing a province
Heroes Forge - Produces orcs every day, based on number of completed provinces
Enars Embassy - Rewards mana each time you scout, based on number of completed provinces
Maze of Dark Matter - Produces mana every 3h, based on number of completed provinces
Dragon Abbey - Rewards mana each time you use a spell, based on number of completed provinces

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I'm not using ToS nor EE wonders giving stuffs per scout as the rewards are ridiculous (my scouting is over 81h atm) but...
I continue scouting 24/24h as before to have a reserve of relics and KPs for the events when I can't match with a tournament...
497 scouted atm

DeletedUser958

I see that in Amuni, there is a whole row of expansions available, except that only one is achievable through research, and none through scouting. Seems to me that the game is going to become unplayable unless you buy diamonds. Time to call it a day, I think......

DeletedUser

I very much doubt it but irrelevant anyway. Space is a key factor in progressing but limiting it in this way makes the game totally unbalanced in favour of whoever buys expansions.
The game has always been unbalanced in favour of those who spend money - you have to decide what you want out of it.

If you wanted to hit the top of the rankings list, then yes you would need to be a major diamond spender to get there, but you would also have to remember that spending vast amounts of money doesn't actually mean you are skilled at game playing.

If you want to enjoy the challenges of the game, how to fit in the buildings, how things change with new chapters as buildings change in shape, working on guest races, being a member of a Fellowship with tournaments, Fellowship Adventures, trading, visiting and chatting then all these things are possible without spending any money at all.

There are ways to get diamonds for free if that's the direction you want to go in - I have 34 wishing wells in 3 cities on one account - the two bigger cities with their 33 wishing wells are making diamonds for me to use in the tiny 3rd city - cost me nothing but the time to participate in the last event.

Play how you want to play, but just remember that there are advantages and disadvantages in spending money.

DeletedUser2215

I hope that it not true about the space not being available without buying diamonds. I have reached the limit in expansion research and have nothing saved. I will have to stop playing as well. One square of 5x5 will not help me and I will have to sell half of my city to be able to fit all these new buildings. I think that they want to make this a paying game now. What a pity because I enjoy the game.

DeletedUser958

The game has always been unbalanced in favour of those who spend money - you have to decide what you want out of it.

If you wanted to hit the top of the rankings list, then yes you would need to be a major diamond spender to get there, but you would also have to remember that spending vast amounts of money doesn't actually mean you are skilled at game playing.

If you want to enjoy the challenges of the game, how to fit in the buildings, how things change with new chapters as buildings change in shape, working on guest races, being a member of a Fellowship with tournaments, Fellowship Adventures, trading, visiting and chatting then all these things are possible without spending any money at all.

There are ways to get diamonds for free if that's the direction you want to go in - I have 34 wishing wells in 3 cities on one account - the two bigger cities with their 33 wishing wells are making diamonds for me to use in the tiny 3rd city - cost me nothing but the time to participate in the last event.

Play how you want to play, but just remember that there are advantages and disadvantages in spending money.

If this was the case then why aren't all the expansions achievable by earning them? The latest round is a complete joke, only one you dont buy. Having played for a few years I have decided to quit as it has become a pointless exercise.

Killiak

Artisan
I hope that it not true about the space not being available without buying diamonds. I have reached the limit in expansion research and have nothing saved. I will have to stop playing as well. One square of 5x5 will not help me and I will have to sell half of my city to be able to fit all these new buildings. I think that they want to make this a paying game now. What a pity because I enjoy the game.

There are three ways;
- City expansions from research
- City expansions from clearing provinces
- City expansions from buying them with diamonds.

Once the first two are done, there is only number 3 left. If you win Wishing Wells in events, you can (very slowly) gain diamonds. Regardless of that, the space you have should be sufficient to make an efficiënt city, by choosing to be either military or production based.
This should also still leave enough space for guest races.

If you would like to private message me your in-game name, I can look at your city and maybe give you some pointers or a plan. But really, this game is about upgrading buildings and planning your space.

Aisling1

Conjurer
A first world question, I know.. but?

Once all provinces have been gained (I'm heading into elementals, and I think my last "square" is a city expansion) what are the advantages, if any, in continuing to scout and expand?

I have noticed that my surrounding provinces have gone from "very hard" to mostly "medium" and even "easy", but unlocking is still costing the same and the cost of conquering still as high, in terms of goods and my scout is still out for 60+ hrs..
That said, the more neighbours and trading partners the better.. and it seems natural to want to expand..
And I do use scouting as a way of "dumping" excess coin..

Is there any advantage/ disadvantage (I've long relied on tournaments, and luck in visiting for relics) - any ideas from people who've been there, done that, and got the T shirt?

alsael

Enchanter
well.I'm long from finishing the provinces,but a reason for scouting would be to gain kps for your wonders.:)

DeletedUser

well.I'm long from finishing the provinces,but a reason for scouting would be to gain kps for your wonders.:)
and a reason for continuing to scout but not clear would be to have some encounters ready to be done for events

DeletedUser5970

I have 34 wishing wells in 3 cities on one account"

Er, I honestly thought you were only allowed one city per account, no wonder I am so far behind the leaderboard lol, need to look into this ASAP :)