• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How to attack another player

DeletedUser

How to attack another player and loot his stuff or something like that?

Deleted User - 50840

Sorry, not possible at present... Maybe some time in the far distant future, but there will be a lot of players leaving if that were to happen.

DeletedUser417

Not a good idea, smfc84, especially when you're not really taking the effort to build your city (score of 189 on Winyandor, not found on Arendyll). Try to understand the game first before you want to start looting.

DeletedUser

hmm, dang it, so whats the point of building massive city if you cannot compete with other players? well 2bad, i suggest to make at least pvp server where you can pvp, so people who like that can compete, there is no endgame content then you just build and build and build and what?

Deleted User - 13667

Town planning, trading and creative uses of limited resources to maximise your build and gain some score.

This game is supposedly not intended for pvp.
Perhaps far far away in the distant future.

DeletedUser417

You are competing in rankings, individually and Fellowship wise. As you can see on Wiki page, there is a battle element in the game. Not that I like it but it's there LOL You need spatial perspective on how to build your city. You need to be economically talented to make the best deals, you need to be strategic in battle etc etc... summary: many aspects :D

DeletedUser

There are already many games available where you build kingdoms and attack other players.

DeletedUser

You are competing in rankings, individually and Fellowship wise. As you can see on Wiki page, there is a battle element in the game. Not that I like it but it's there LOL You need spatial perspective on how to build your city. You need to be economically talented to make the best deals, you need to be strategic in battle etc etc... summary: many aspects :D
well if there is no threat then everyone gets to the top, difference is just time. You cannot rly fail you can just do it longer.

DeletedUser

ya it seems so, may be you can suggest some game like this, where you can chose where to build and with pvp?

DeletedUser358

Yep, Forge of Empires is almost exact as this except with PvP and Guild vs Guild PvP.
This game was literally copied from with with different graphics and made PvE only.

DeletedUser

Yep, Forge of Empires is almost exact as this except with PvP and Guild vs Guild PvP.
This game was literally copied from with with different graphics and made PvE only.

I really do not agree on the above statement, FoE is imho a totally different game.
Yes, this game may have been deduced from FoE, but stating it is just a copy doesn't do justice to Elvenar imho :eek:
Many games bear resemblances, yet I could not mention any real good game that is alike to the set-up of Elvenar...
I just love this game :) it provides:
• No plunder, so anyone can play it in a real relaxed manner;
• Lots of interaction possible between players (trade, fellowship mail & -chat);
• Coöperation in Ancient Wonders;
• For those who like some fighting: the provinces provide that challenge;
• For those who do not like to fight: just push the automatic fight button or acquire province sections with goods;
• Awesome graphics;
• The challenge of the everlasting puzzle of optimizing one's city.

PLUS: This game is still in its early stages, who knows what other wonderful challenges and features will be added...

DeletedUser358

Yea....either you've not played FoE, are trolling me, or you don't know what you're talking about.
Let me hold your hand point by point.
• No plunder, so anyone can play it in a real relaxed manner;
- No Plunder, yes exactly as I said, no PvP in this game so no plundering, duh.
• Lots of interaction possible between players (trade, fellowship mail & -chat);
- Same with both games, actually there is a lot more in FoE, global, neighbourhood and guild chats, messaging, tradding, GvG, etc.
• Coöperation in Ancient Wonders;
- Cooperation in Great Buildings (exact same thing)
• For those who like some fighting: the provinces provide that challenge;
- Same PvE element in FoE as you go through the maps.
• For those who do not like to fight: just push the automatic fight button or acquire province sections with goods
- EXACT same thing in FoE, you can auto fight, or you can negotiate with resources.
Awesome graphics;
- FoE is an older game with a different theme, so the graphics are obviously different.
The challenge of the everlasting puzzle of optimizing one's city.
- Just as challenging in FoE as it has the same town and expansion restrictions.

My point stand, this is the exact same game, with different graphics and no PvP element.
You'd understand this especially if you played FoE at its inception, it was almost the exact same thing.

You want to see that is to come in Elvenar? Look to FoE, lol.

But seriously, I do hope they start thinking outside the box and make something that's actually new. Not the same thing with a different skin.

Deleted User - 13667

I suspect the games were conceptualised about the same time. Only real difference would be the graphics and almost non-existent storyline (Only saw in the announcement the little storyline for the ancient wonders).

DeletedUser

Thought I'd add my opinion to the "How Elvenar compares to FoE or not" debate here:

I really do not agree on the above statement, FoE is imho a totally different game.
Yes, this game may have been deduced from FoE, but stating it is just a copy doesn't do justice to Elvenar imho :eek:

Having played FoE from it's open beta release up to the implementation of Guild vs Guild Wars, I honestly have to admit that Elvenar is currently not a completely different game compared to FoE during its official release back in 2012. There are a few differences, mainly the (unlimited) global map and having to discover neighbours rather than being stuck in a limited neighbourhood where you could interact with all your neighbours right from the start. Not to mention that all resource buildings are now upgraded rather than replaced and the player has the opportunity to improve their boost for their boosted goods immensely (nearly limitless).

So yeah... There are a number of differences and I've certainly not listed them all either. I also prefer/agree with most of these and would choose Elvenar over FoE any day - hence why I play this game and not FoE. That being said, I can understand some of the frustration players have (that have played FoE in the past or still do) in regards to game features being implemented into Elvenar that are extremely similar to a feature in FoE - but it appears unbalanced or lacks additional features within Elvenar.

While the above probably makes Elvenar sound like a copy of FoE with some positive differences, there is one crucial aspect that players need to consider:

PLUS: This game is still in its early stages, who knows what other wonderful challenges and features will be added...

Most of you are (hopefully) aware that Elvenar is a relatively new game and that it's not complete, meaning there are many more game features to be expected. This is because Innogames follows a certain philosophy of never releasing a game with all of its content and features available right from the start. The idea behind that is to allow for the community to make suggestions and help improve the game. Precisely this is what makes Elvenar potentially a completely different game compared to FoE - as it is still in such an early development stage and we really can't do anything but guess what Innogames has planned to release next.

Personally I'm keen to see what Innogames has planned next - as that should prove whether Elvenar is going to stand completely on it's own or just remain in the shadow of FoE.

DeletedUser

The shadow of FoE will be getting shorter and shorter as the game ages.

Elvenar has a RATIONAL Market, with
  • Default Fair Trade values
  • A 0-3 stars rating system
  • Trades that are sorted into a useful order.
If those were the ONLY improvements, then I'd still prefer Elvenar.