• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How many relics I need?

Hekata

Artisan
I keep ruining out or relics that I use for CC. I do tournaments regularly and get about 2500 points lately and It seems to me like I get enough relics but I run out of them too fast. Currently I'm out of dust relics and that tourney is very far away. I have a level 5 MA and I make CC 24/7. I use boosters occasionally but not very often. So my question is: has anyone here calculated how many relics I have to get per tourney so not to run out of them and keep my MA running 24/7? Or at least an approximation of it. It would be every helpful so I can pay attention next time it's one of those CC relics tournaments for me.

DeletedUser5532

It entirely depends on how many you use. If you use more than you make, you will run out as you have done. I would suggest maybe concentrating on getting your town self sufficient, so you no longer have a need to craft all the time, then you can save some up for a while. The only time I personally craft is when its required in a tournament.

Hekata

Artisan
I guess that's good advice. The sad part is that my city was very self sufficient a few months ago. I only crafted pet food and the occasional big time booster or PP. Then the spire came and because of it's ridiculous requirements I started to run out of coins and supplies. I had tones of instants and they are all gone. I decided to stop playing it but the new event came and because of the requirements of chapter level WS I had to go back and try to get those teleport spells. Plus the buy KPs quests... I had to start crafting all kinds of things I thought I'd never craft. That's not the only thing that the event put out of balance. I needed to upgrade my WS and build additional ones and do more encounters (tourney, provinces, spire) than I usually do so I run out of not only of coins and supplies but orcs too. I always had 200k of them and I went down to 0. I feel like my city is falling apart and I have no idea how to put it back up :(

Timneh

Artisan
You are in a tough situation. The only advice i can give is for you to prioritise your city over events and the spire until you get back on a level footing again and build up some more stocks.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
What I find helpful is setting some priorities, and minimum levels at which I will craft stuff.

For example:

Pet food, troop boost buildings - Anytime.
Time boosts - When I have over 20 CC and 9k fragments.
Coin.Supply Boosts (for spire) - Over 50 CC and 15k fragments.

(I find the CC to fragment ratio best kept around 200-300 Fragment to 1 CC)

The spire is a real resource hog and its diminishing returns. Tower 1 is always worth doing, tower 2 so- so, tower 3 costs a ton. You could do something similar with relics - set some priorities and rules of thumb. Don't over stretch yourself and good luck :)

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
You are in a tough situation. The only advice i can give is for you to prioritise your city over events and the spire until you get back on a level footing again and build up some more stocks.

Thanks Timneh. I have no choice really. Hopefully we still have a week before the Halloween event, I always love the Halloween buildings so I find it hard to decide to just skip it. But from the quest list that one doesn't look too difficult so even with taking it slow I might finish it. However if my stocks are not back by the next big event I might have to skip that one.

Hekata

Artisan
What I find helpful is setting some priorities, and minimum levels at which I will craft stuff.

For example:

The spire is a real resource hog and its diminishing returns. Tower 1 is always worth doing, tower 2 so- so, tower 3 costs a ton. Don't over stretch yourself and good luck :)

That's a good idea. I'll try to think along those lines. The only thing I currently don't lack are SF. I did great back during the mermaids event and got a lot of artifcats so now I have over 50k of SF. The CC on the other hand... I have never had more than 20, and even that was mostly when we'd get a few extra as prizes. I definitely must reconsider how I spend them.

I agree about the Tower. Level 1 is ok-ish and not too heavy on resources. Level 2 is already too much for me. I have ventured there but by mid-level all my coin and supplies are gone and a lot of other goods. Now I try to get just the first blue chest and the teleport but even that can be too much as there is always at least 1 chest on which I get stuck and have to try again and again many times.

Thank you for your advice LazyTony, I'll try to make good use of it :)

Hekata

Artisan
If anyone's interested I was curious and actually did the maths (although I suck at maths so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and to keep your level 5 MA producing CC 24/7 without using any boosters to speed up the production you need to get 252 relics per tourney (those with the required relics ofc). I think I get about that or a bit less and I probably used more booster than I thought during the event which explains my current lack of one of them.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Yeah, I very rarely have had over 20 CC, but my thinking now is that I need to stock up outside events so I have a good store going into an event. I hated using time boosts on CC manufacture last event, so that why I have those new rules of thumb keeping higher stocks. It could be argued that you only craft essential stuff outside of an event, just depends how you want to prioritise.

DeletedUser6357

My recommendation is to evaluate your actions in the long term - not for this week, not for this or next month.
The mistakes I see in town:
- no fiery phoenix
- unnecessarily high level of the crystal house of light
- low level of the monastery
- Low Needles of tempest
- 2 armors are few
- 5 builders are luxury
I do not see some AW, related to the military industry as well as the Elvenar Trade Center.
The result is that, your army is very weak - with little health and attack. Such an army is problematic for the tournament, and for the Spy Tower - especially after the first round, is suicide.
Two full bears is a serious test for every city.
In crafts, I only produce pet food and buildings, that raise the parameters of the tournament army.
If you change your strategy for events and start playing mostly for wells, besides diamonds - more space in the city, you will also get a lot of KP for AW, among other resources.
And 25 diamonds are always a big help in the spy tower negotiations. ;)
With such a strategy you will get a lot of time reducers.
I don't play in the tower after the first round - it's too expensive.
The mysterious chests given in the first round have everything the tower has to offer in the second and third rounds.
New conditions in events require the player to be economical in their actions between them.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
to keep your level 5 MA producing CC 24/7 without using any boosters to speed up the production you need to get 252 relics per tourney (those with the required relics ofc)

Correct. But you ignore the pet food in this calculation. If there is an equal distribubion, each recipe will be available 1.2 times per week. There is one food recipe that doesn't need relics, the other 3 each require 5 tier 3 relics. So additionally 9 weeks * 1.2 times per week * 5 relics = 54 relics for each of the tier 3 goods.

So your total needed relics are:

T1 boost +2: 252
T2 boost +2: 252
T3 boost: 54
T3 boost +1: 54
T3 boost +2: 306

Currently I'm out of dust relics

I bet that gems is your boost and thus dust is your boost+2

Hekata

Artisan
My recommendation is to evaluate your actions in the long term - not for this week, not for this or next month.
The mistakes I see in town:
- no fiery phoenix
- unnecessarily high level of the crystal house of light
- low level of the monastery
- Low Needles of tempest
- 2 armors are few
- 5 builders are luxury
I do not see some AW, related to the military industry as well as the Elvenar Trade Center.
The result is that, your army is very weak - with little health and attack. Such an army is problematic for the tournament, and for the Spy Tower - especially after the first round, is suicide.
Two full bears is a serious test for every city.
In crafts, I only produce pet food and buildings, that raise the parameters of the tournament army.
If you change your strategy for events and start playing mostly for wells, besides diamonds - more space in the city, you will also get a lot of KP for AW, among other resources.
And 25 diamonds are always a big help in the spy tower negotiations. ;)
With such a strategy you will get a lot of time reducers.
I don't play in the tower after the first round - it's too expensive.
The mysterious chests given in the first round have everything the tower has to offer in the second and third rounds.
New conditions in events require the player to be economical in their actions between them.

Thank you for the advice Viskyar, I appreciate it :)
Although I must say that some of the things you call mistakes were not mistakes but decisions deliberately made because they suited my game style at that moment. Until recently I was mostly a caterer/trader and that's why I went with the Storm phoenix and also why my military AWs are so low while others like my Mountain halls are high (lv 21). In fact all the military ones are new, all built during the mermaids event. I had none before. I believed that Inno actually lets us choose how we want to play the game and since I don't like fighting and the cater/trader option was offered I went with that one only to realize that the costs of catering become monstrous and unsustainable when I entered elementals and that a lot of perks were given to fighters and very few (I actually want to say none) to traders. So I started to switch but it's a long process.
I have plenty of WW in stock, I just build a few at time because I don't have space. I have a lot of event buildings with pop and I need the pop especially now with the extra high level WS. I have 5 of those in inventory + 3 extra in my city on top of my regular 6. That means I need to have about 7k or 10k of pop available at all time so I can summon them for an event. Also, while it's important to have an efficient city, for me aesthetics play an important part in it too so there are buildings I keep for that purpose and I don't want to part with. But diamonds do help a lot indeed so I'll try to build a few more wells.
I agree that only the first level of the spire is worth doing and lately I stop there unless forced to do more by an event. Although I am not sure if the purple mystery chests (the ones with the best prizes) appear when you are on lv 1. I think I have seen them only twice until now and always on lv2. Maybe I just wasn't lucky enough :(

Hekata

Artisan
Correct. But you ignore the pet food in this calculation. If there is an equal distribubion, each recipe will be available 1.2 times per week. There is one food recipe that doesn't need relics, the other 3 each require 5 tier 3 relics. So additionally 9 weeks * 1.2 times per week * 5 relics = 54 relics for each of the tier 3 goods.

So your total needed relics are:

T1 boost +2: 252
T2 boost +2: 252
T3 boost: 54
T3 boost +1: 54
T3 boost +2: 306

Ah yes I forgot about pet food.Thanks for correcting my numbers :) Well I guess I will have to forget about the idea of making CC 24/7 because for the moment 306 relics in one tourney is unobtainable for me :( (And yes my boosted is gems.) The big problem with the T3 relic needed for CC is that it's the same one used for MM (and 2 T3 relics there), so even if I wanted to use the time I can't make CC to make something else I need like MM, I couldn't. The only spell that is safe to make so you don't loose any of the CC relics is IM.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Although I am not sure if the purple mystery chests (the ones with the best prizes) appear when you are on lv 1.

I believe, and perhaps others can correct me if I am wrong, that you can win every prize available in the spire in tower 1 (except the magic house/WS at the very end), just ofc with less opportunities to do so.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I agree that only the first level of the spire is worth doing and lately I stop there unless forced to do more by an event. Although I am not sure if the purple mystery chests (the ones with the best prizes) appear when you are on lv 1.
They do. It happened to me, here’s my post sharing the info: The building Genie - benefits?.
Actually I even won Genie from a mystery chest on the first level of Spire later on. It’s still in my inventory. :rolleyes:

Hekata

Artisan
I believe, and perhaps others can correct me if I am wrong, that you can win every prize available in the spire in tower 1 (except the magic house/WS at the very end), just ofc with less opportunities to do so

They do. It happened to me, here’s my post sharing the info: The building Genie - benefits?.
Actually I even won Genie from a mystery chest on the first level of Spire later on. It’s still in my inventory. :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks folks. I guess it's just my bad luck then, nothing surprising there :rolleyes: I only saw the purple chest twice so far and one of those 2 was on level 2, not sure about the other one. I get some golden ones from time to time but most of the time it's the blue ones. Hopefully I'll be a bit more lucky in the future. Although I can't really complain, I did mange to get the whole library set and a bucket of extra small pieces :)

DeletedUser6357

my game style
I also started with the economy - it was easier and more profitable to pay in the provinces to get more expansions. I have always been well above what is required for the chapter.
But after receiving the three-star all the troops from barracks, I began to fight more in tournaments. This necessitated the development of the military industry.
This week in the first stage of the Tower I received 5 mysterious chests. One was Genie, 6 teleporters and more.
I no longer believe in the coincidence of new things in the game - from 4 chests with a 55% chance of teleport I got 4 times the PP with a 10% chance. I also got a PP from the chest with Genie, I didn't remember the chance percentage there. I have a PP for the entire 15th chapter and another 1/3 for the next one.

Hekata

Artisan
This week in the first stage of the Tower I received 5 mysterious chests. One was Genie, 6 teleporters and more.
I no longer believe in the coincidence of new things in the game - from 4 chests with a 55% chance of teleport I got 4 times the PP with a 10% chance. I also got a PP from the chest with Genie, I didn't remember the chance percentage there. I have a PP for the entire 15th chapter and another 1/3 for the next one

Interesting that you mention that because in that purple chest I got last week there were 4 great prizes and 1 PP. It wasn't the one with the highest % but I still got it and that's the only thing I don't need at the moment, I have plenty left from events. And with my smaller city I also keep getting PP whenever there is one available.

AstralSoul

Illusionist

For example:

The spire is a real resource hog and its diminishing returns. Tower 1 is always worth doing, tower 2 so- so, tower 3 costs a ton. You could do something similar with relics - set some priorities and rules of thumb. Don't over stretch yourself and good luck :)

I only need the Moonstone Gate to complete the set, then I will be done for a while with the Spire, it really eat up a lot of RSS. I am only doing 1st floor right now.

librar.JPG

Plus a gum tree behind "west" endless scroll. Purple chests do come out on the 1st floor. I got all on the first floor. I did once the 2nd and even opened the door for 3rd, but did not even do the first fight. I am lower level still (edit: you can actually see a dwarf walking by), so these prizes do show up: blue, golden and purple chests, is from where I got all of these. I cater too, but I am working with my army now. My goal is to have the gate before I reach orcs, I am aware they are a nightmare...

Last edited: